PDA

View Full Version : State Farm Lone Star Cup Competition starts April 22 Again!

PhiI C
04-21-2005, 07:52 PM
It starts in the morning at 8 A.M. and the teams play through Sunday! This is in women's golf and it is in Austin if anyone wants to watch some good golf. If Texas is ranked ahead of Texas A&M then Texas will win the cup. I will do my best to keep you updated.

Phil C
04-22-2005, 01:44 PM
It has stared today and will conclude Sunday. I don't know much about golf scoring but I checked it out and as of right now Texas is in 4th place and Texas A&M is in 7th place. The team that finishes highest in the standings gets the full point and if they happen to tie the point is split. Any point or fraction of a point gives Texas the Lone Star Cup for the year. We will see what happens.

Phil C
04-22-2005, 02:10 PM
The Lady Horns are tied for second place with Nebraska just behind Oklahoma State. The Lady Aggies are in eighth place.

Phil C
04-22-2005, 02:33 PM
Texas now has moved into sole possession of second place just behind Oklahoma State. The Aggies have slipped back to ninth place. Please bear in mind there is more comptition today and that it continues tomorrow through Sunday if the weather permits.

Phil C
04-22-2005, 02:52 PM
A little more information. Texas is still in second place at 297 just behind Oklahoma State with 295 (Remember in golf the lower the score the better). The Lady Aggies are in eighth place at 310.

Phil C
04-22-2005, 03:59 PM
Another point will be decided tomorrow between the schools when the men's competition takes place. This is for a full point. The competition is at College Station if anyone there wants to see some good tennis.

PhiI C
04-23-2005, 10:05 PM
The Aggies win the Men's Tennis competition to get another point. Texas still leads 9.5 to 4.0. Best Aggies can do this year is tie for the cup. In the women's golf Texas is in second place one stroke behind Oklahoma State. Tomorrow is the final day of competition so if anyone is in Austin and wants to see some great golf this tournament is it. The Lady Aggies are in 5th place.

Phil C
04-24-2005, 12:12 PM
The golf competition is ending today. Right now as far as the State Farm Lone Star Cup is concerned it looks like Texas is going to cinch the Cup for the 2005 year. The Lady Horns are in first place by one stroke ahead of Oklahoma State while the Lady Aggies are tied for fourth place and it would take a total colapse by the Texas Lady Horns to have them overtake them. In fact it is a big fight for the championship between Oklahoma State and Texas for the Big 12 Championship. We will see what happens.

Holmes_Fans
04-24-2005, 12:20 PM
yay

Phil C
04-24-2005, 12:25 PM
I just checked on an update and Texas is still one stroke ahead of Oklahoma State but there are is still some golfing left. This is very close and these two teams seem to be well ahead of the rest of the competition. The Lady Aggies are in fifith place.

PhiI C
04-24-2005, 05:42 PM
Unfortunately Texas wasn't able to hold on to the lead and Oklahoma State wins by one stroke 900 to 901! Some good close golfing indeed. Texas still gets the State Farm Showdown cup point since they finished ahead of the Lady Aggies who got fifth place at 930. This gives Texas the Lone Star Cup for the year.