PDA

View Full Version : Anyone been to the Texas Roadhouse?

spiveyrat
04-21-2005, 08:32 AM
I went there for the first time a couple of weeks ago. Man, the food there is AWESOME! :clap: :clap: :clap:Here's their site. (http://texasroadhouse.com/TRHintro_html.html) There are lots of locations in Texas! Now, go get ya some good viddles! :D

jason
04-21-2005, 08:34 AM
there is one here, it is always packed.....good food, cold beer, and cute waitresses.....mmmm......

AP Panther Fan
04-21-2005, 08:39 AM
Good one in Corpus Christi also! My kids love the peanuts and especially enjoy throwing the shells on the floor!:rolleyes: :D

pirate44
04-21-2005, 08:52 AM
one of my fav. places. they know how to cook a ribeye. i hate those hoity toity steakhouses that are afraid to season a steak. i get the same thing every time i go. ribeye (cooked medium), baked potato with the works and salad (best dinner salad in the business). and belive it or not, their cheesecake is great too. you got me hungry now and i work across the freeway from the one in Corpus Christi.

AP Panther Fan
04-21-2005, 08:59 AM
Originally posted by pirate44
you got me hungry now and i work across the freeway from the one in Corpus Christi.

Hmmmm...:thinking:

Sounds like lunch to me!:)

pirate44
04-21-2005, 09:05 AM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
Hmmmm...:thinking:

Sounds like lunch to me!:)
i wish. they dont open for lunch except for fridays.:(

mwynn05
04-21-2005, 09:11 AM
Great food...their T-Bones are HUGE

TexasHSFootball
04-21-2005, 09:22 AM
Texas Roadhoouse is very addictive... the babyback ribs. lord! i could live off the suckers! :D

spiveyrat
04-21-2005, 09:22 AM
I got 1 of their pork chops last time. Best pork chop I ever had... including out of MY kitchen! The juices coming out of that chop were straight out of heaven. My wife and I both said it should be illegal for food to taste that good. Glad it's not on "our side of town". :D

pirate44
04-21-2005, 09:30 AM
that leftover hamburger i brought from home for today just doesnt sound all that appetizing now.

shellman54
04-21-2005, 10:04 AM
they have one here in deer park. i love their sweet potatoes.

Manck
04-21-2005, 11:31 AM
The only major problem is that Texas Roadhouse is not nearly as Texan as I would like.

- They offer brown gravy with chicken fried steak.
- They have Michelob Amber Bock on draft instead of Shiner Bock.

Those are my major complaints, but I still love the place. I think they're actually based out of Ohio.

spiveyrat
04-21-2005, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by Manck
The only major problem is that Texas Roadhouse is not nearly as Texan as I would like.

Those are my major complaints, but I still love the place. I think they're actually based out of Ohio.

Nothing wrong with brown gravy! But you can get Cream gravy too.

pirate44

as long as they have those ribeyes, iced tea and their dinner rolls, i dont care if they call it the Massechusettes Road House.:D

mustang04
i like their Onion Blooms, their steak rocks, but i LOOOOOOOVE there smoked salmon

spiveyrat
04-21-2005, 11:35 AM
as long as they have those ribeyes, iced tea and their dinner rolls, i dont care if they call it the Massechusettes Road House.:D

Here here!!! :clap: :thumbsup:

CheerMom
04-21-2005, 11:36 AM
I wish I had one close to me.:(

KTJ
04-21-2005, 11:36 AM
The one in Austin is owned by Willie Nelson.

AP Panther Fan
04-21-2005, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by KTJ
The one in Austin is owned by Willie Nelson.

Can't get much more Texan than that.:D

Bulldog_12
04-21-2005, 11:43 AM
They have GREAT sirloins as well as ribeyes. it is easily my favorite place to in in College Station.

big daddy russ
04-21-2005, 11:50 AM

Don't know if it's true, but I heard that the guy who founded it was originally from Texas. But then again, that story also had him up in Indiana, not Ohio.

Ranger Mom
04-21-2005, 11:56 AM
I have never heard of it before....I take it there must not be one around my parts.

Also, I heard today that we are getting a "Cracker Barrel" here. What the heck is that? A food place?? If so, what kind of food?

AP Panther Fan
04-21-2005, 11:56 AM
From their website...which is pretty neat, I might add....

It all began when our founder, Kent Taylor had a vision of great steaks, killer ribs and ice-cold beer at a price that families across America could afford.

The first Texas Roadhouse opened in Clarksville, Indiana on February 17th, 1993, and today we currently have nearly 200 locations in 34 states and plan to open many new locations throughout 2005.

"We wanted to provide a place that the whole family could enjoy," says Taylor. "Texas Roadhouse is about a hearty, good meal with service that is friendly, energetic, and enthusiastic. Life should be fun - so the workplace needs to reflect that as well - and that is why we put our employees first."

The Texas Roadhouse Story is simple. Legendary Food , Legendary Service!!! It all starts with our Legendary Food.

Hand-cut steaks, award winning ribs, fresh-baked bread and made from scratch side items are the standard at Texas Roadhouse. All of our food is created from scratch with only the highest quality-freshest ingredients. We combine large portions and great value to give you Legendary Food at a reasonable price.

But we're not just about steaks. With great ribs, chicken dishes, fish, salads and lots more, we can satisfy almost any appetite. We guess that's why you all voted us #1 in both Menu Variety and Value in the 2004 Restaurant & Institution Magazine's Choice in Chains Guest Survey.

Legendary Service for every guest and Legendary Fun with our employees, are also main ingredients in our recipe for success. At Texas Roadhouse, our team has an incredible sense of pride in everything we do. We want our guests to have such a good time they'll want to come back again tomorrow.

KTJ
04-21-2005, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
I have never heard of it before....I take it there must not be one around my parts.

Also, I heard today that we are getting a "Cracker Barrel" here. What the heck is that? A food place?? If so, what kind of food?

Cracker Barrel is a fancy version of Black Eyed Pea.

You may remember it was in the news a while back for being racist, a la Denny's.

pirate44
04-21-2005, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
From their website...which is pretty neat, I might add....

It all began when our founder, Kent Taylor had a vision of great steaks, killer ribs and ice-cold beer at a price that families across America could afford.

The first Texas Roadhouse opened in Clarksville, Indiana on February 17th, 1993, and today we currently have nearly 200 locations in 34 states and plan to open many new locations throughout 2005.

"We wanted to provide a place that the whole family could enjoy," says Taylor. "Texas Roadhouse is about a hearty, good meal with service that is friendly, energetic, and enthusiastic. Life should be fun - so the workplace needs to reflect that as well - and that is why we put our employees first."

The Texas Roadhouse Story is simple. Legendary Food , Legendary Service!!! It all starts with our Legendary Food.

Hand-cut steaks, award winning ribs, fresh-baked bread and made from scratch side items are the standard at Texas Roadhouse. All of our food is created from scratch with only the highest quality-freshest ingredients. We combine large portions and great value to give you Legendary Food at a reasonable price.

But we're not just about steaks. With great ribs, chicken dishes, fish, salads and lots more, we can satisfy almost any appetite. We guess that's why you all voted us #1 in both Menu Variety and Value in the 2004 Restaurant & Institution Magazine's Choice in Chains Guest Survey.

Legendary Service for every guest and Legendary Fun with our employees, are also main ingredients in our recipe for success. At Texas Roadhouse, our team has an incredible sense of pride in everything we do. We want our guests to have such a good time they'll want to come back again tomorrow.
Texas Roadhouse, the best thing out of Indiana since Larry Bird.

:D

big daddy russ
04-21-2005, 12:06 PM

Best Chicken Fried Steaks you can get from a chain restaurant.

AP Panther Fan
04-21-2005, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by KTJ

I have eaten at the one by the San Marcos Outlet Mall several times when I have been on the verge of starvation from shopping ... whatever I ordered wasn't that good or maybe I was just too hungry, tired and grumpy.:thinking:

pirate44
04-21-2005, 12:39 PM

decent breakfast, not much else.

raider red 2000
04-21-2005, 03:01 PM

there is one in lubbock...i am not sure if you ever head up there

chicken fried steaks are great, sweet potatoes with marshmellows are wonderful and can forget their big margaritas :)

mikecheck
04-21-2005, 03:15 PM
The only one I have eaten at, believe it or not, was in Jacksonville Florida. All the way to Jacksonville, and ate at the Texas Roadhouse. Gotta luv it!

District303aPastPlayer
04-21-2005, 03:39 PM
the one in corpus is pretty decent. only complaint i have is that one day when i was eating, and they were building the new IHOP and Hotels there, we had crickets climbing on the walls.... As our waiter brought out our tea... one dropped in... we got everything for half off... and had our drinks replaced :)

pirate44
04-21-2005, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
the one in corpus is pretty decent. only complaint i have is that one day when i was eating, and they were building the new IHOP and Hotels there, we had crickets climbing on the walls.... As our waiter brought out our tea... one dropped in... we got everything for half off... and had our drinks replaced :)
whew, i thought you were gonna say something about rats and then i would have hated you forever. crickets are a delicacy aaron.

Adidas410s
04-21-2005, 06:08 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
Don't know if it's true, but I heard that the guy who founded it was originally from Texas. But then again, that story also had him up in Indiana, not Ohio.

I know that the one in Abilene does have Shiner Bock on draft instead of Michelob Amber Bock. We even have Ziegenbock on draft!!! :D :D :D

Ranger Mom
04-21-2005, 06:19 PM
Originally posted by raider red 2000
there is one in lubbock...i am not sure if you ever head up there

chicken fried steaks are great, sweet potatoes with marshmellows are wonderful and can forget their big margaritas :)

I usually make it to Lubbock 3-4 times a year. We usually eat at Joe's Crab Shack....but we may have to make an exception next time.

Chicken Fried Steaks = my downfall!

Matthew328
04-21-2005, 06:52 PM
I LOVE Texas Roadhouse...me and the g/f usually go the one in Mesquite often....I love the Ribs and the dinner rolls with the butter that has brown sugar and cinnamon!! MMMMMMMM They also have great big burgers and excellent chicken fried steak...

Cracker Barrell is OK, decent breakfast....don't care much for their lunch or dinner

KTJ
04-21-2005, 08:44 PM
Should we have a M&G at Texas Roadhouse??????????

This thread got me really wanting their rolls with cinnamon butter, the chicken friend steak, and the chicken tenders.

spiveyrat
04-22-2005, 07:43 AM
Originally posted by KTJ
Should we have a M&G at Texas Roadhouse??????????

This thread got me really wanting their rolls with cinnamon butter, the chicken friend steak, and the chicken tenders.

Waiter! I'll have one of everything, please! :D

spiveyrat
04-22-2005, 07:45 AM
I usually make it to Lubbock 3-4 times a year. We usually eat at Joe's Crab Shack....but we may have to make an exception next time.

Chicken Fried Steaks = my downfall!

The atmosphere is a lot like Joe's... right down to the waitstaff dancing. :cool:

Gobbla2001
04-22-2005, 12:18 PM
Have been to a couple... Went to the one in Austin a couple of weeks ago, I really enjoy throwing peanut shells on the floor...

I believe they are building one in Victoria...

CHICKEN CRITTERS ROCK!!!....

BHKrystal06
04-22-2005, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by KTJ

Cracker Barrel....fancy?? Not the one in Baytown....lol....

BHKrystal06
04-22-2005, 03:23 PM
X21AAAPlayer works at the Texas Roadhouse in Port Arthur I think....

BrahmaMom
04-22-2005, 10:03 PM
Texas Roadhouse, the best thing out of Indiana since Larry Bird.

:D Ahhhh, another point of agreement with my Sinton friend.

Gobbla2001
04-22-2005, 10:39 PM
Originally posted by Matthew328
I LOVE Texas Roadhouse...me and the g/f usually go the one in Mesquite often....I love the Ribs and the dinner rolls with the butter that has brown sugar and cinnamon!! MMMMMMMM They also have great big burgers and excellent chicken fried steak...

Cracker Barrell is OK, decent breakfast....don't care much for their lunch or dinner

Ate at that one...

I haven't read all of the posts, so forgive me if I am repeating this, but the origional Texas Roadhouse opened in Indiana or something... crazy