PDA

View Full Version : Man critically injured in fall at RFK stadium

Astrosdawg07
04-20-2005, 11:01 PM
WASHINGTON (AP) - A man was critically injured when he fell from the top level of RFK Stadium after the Atlanta Braves-Washington Nationals game Wednesday night.

The 35-year-old man, whose identity was not immediately revealed, fell from a ramp on the 500 level of the stadium, hit several ramps and railings on the way down and landed on the concourse of the 100 level, said Alan Etter, District of Columbia Fire and Emergency Medical Services spokesman.

The man was flown to a hospital in a U.S. Park Police helicopter, suffering from multi-system trauma.

Police were investigating whether alcohol was a factor.

CHS_CG
04-20-2005, 11:56 PM
That is horrible.. kinda shocked he lived thru it

TexasHSFootball
04-21-2005, 12:04 AM
its a stadium where that is extremely possible.. when you walk up the stands its like a 35 degree walk up. the first time i walked up the damn thing, that was my biggest fear. i actually felt like was going to fall down into the concourse. I will try to get pictures tomorrow and show you exactly what i am talking about.

AggieJohn
04-21-2005, 12:23 AM
i felt that way when i was going into the corner left field top deck nosebleed seats.....it feels like you walk all the way up there and ifi you jump you clear the deck

g$$
04-21-2005, 05:47 AM
Aggie John - RFK in Washington has been closed (pretty much) for about 5 years since they built the Redskins a new stadium. They refurbished it & will build the Nationals a new one soon. You are in your early 20s right? You have been to this stadium or are you referring to another? Whatever the case, horrible deal & I hope he lives.

AggieJohn
04-21-2005, 06:19 AM
i'm referring ot another, minute miad park...sorry

TexasHSFootball
04-21-2005, 08:04 AM
Originally posted by g$$
Aggie John - RFK in Washington has been closed (pretty much) for about 5 years since they built the Redskins a new stadium. They refurbished it & will build the Nationals a new one soon. You are in your early 20s right? You have been to this stadium or are you referring to another? Whatever the case, horrible deal & I hope he lives.

actually it has been used the last 10 years by Major League Soccer's D.C. United.

g$$
04-22-2005, 06:25 AM
That is why I said "pretty much" in my reply. They did refurbish it to make it playable for the Nationals & are planning a new one soon. Regardless, it is a very old stadium & tragic event with the guy falling.