PDA

View Full Version : Region I Track Meet - Odessa

Z motion 10 out on 2
04-20-2005, 10:38 PM
Just curious if any of the downlow family will be attending? I will be there for the Friday events.

mustang04
04-20-2005, 10:39 PM
i might make an appearance there friday:)

not 100% sure tho

Ranger Mom
04-20-2005, 10:46 PM
I'm gonna try and make it!

Spaceman_Spiff
04-21-2005, 09:36 AM
Z,

I'll be there both days, will be nice to get to talk to you again, and to meet any of the other Region 1 folks.

justlikesports
04-21-2005, 09:45 AM
I am gonna try and be there. I am looking forward to meeting a few of you folks.

Bullaholic
04-21-2005, 09:48 AM
Originally posted by Z motion 10 out on 2
Just curious if any of the downlow family will be attending? I will be there for the Friday events.

Haven't been to Odessa since 91' when my son made Regionals in the 100. Guess i won't make it this year. I wish your daughter all the best, Z, and a safe round trip for all of you.

Z motion 10 out on 2
04-21-2005, 10:20 AM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
Haven't been to Odessa since 91' when my son made Regionals in the 100. Guess i won't make it this year. I wish your daughter all the best, Z, and a safe round trip for all of you.

Thanks Bullaholic. I was blessed last year to see my son win a bronze medal in the 300 hurdles. After that race was over and I knew that was his last race in highschool (he was a senior) I began to think about my middle daughter and all the track days I had ahead of me with her. I knew in my heart that I would be back to Odessa again someday. I had no idea that it would be the very next year with my daughter as a freshman. Of course my daughter's time is no where close to being able to qualify for state, but that doesn't matter, it is just the experience of going on a road trip to watch her compete and give it her best.

Spaceman Spiff I look forward to seeing you at the meet. I will only be there on Friday. But I will find you and we can swap some more stories. I'm sending my daughter to a track camp at ACU in June, and I know you know some people over there.

Ranger Mom, it would be nice to meet you if you do indeed make it over to the stadium. If I see any kids from Midland, I'll ask if you are there.

Mustang - I hope you can make it too. I need the scoop on Angelo State's team for next year.

mustang04
04-21-2005, 11:38 AM

Mustang - I hope you can make it too. I need the scoop on Angelo State's team for next year.

haha, i can give ya the scoop right now in one syllable.......BLEH:D

jk, they might be alright, but i would like to meet the father of one of the guys who helped in ending my senior year playoff run:hand: hehe

Z motion 10 out on 2
04-21-2005, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by mustang04
haha, i can give ya the scoop right now in one syllable.......BLEH:D

jk, they might be alright, but i would like to meet the father of one of the guys who helped in ending my senior year playoff run:hand: hehe

Well I hope you make it to the meet. I will say that particular game between Sweetwater and Vernon was about as good of a defensive battle as I have ever seen. After the game I was most impressed with the Mustangs. You probably don't know this but the previous year 02 the Mustangs beat us to start the season 27-21. My son was injured on the first play of the game and missed the next two weeks because of that brand new turf! That same year we played Ballinger in the bi-district and were beat 27-21 in teh Mustang Bowl no less. So I didn't care too much for the Mustang Bowl after that. We did play there again in 03 against Brady and Vernon finally got a win in that bowl but it was only because the other team wasn't wearing any red!

THE BEAR
04-22-2005, 08:26 PM
Z, I will be there and it will be good to see you again. Of course this will be my sons last year so it will be a sort of downer but we all get our turn. Congrats on your girl for making it, I know the feeling being her first yr.

VERNONLION#1
04-24-2005, 01:55 PM

Hey Z, hope you can introduce me to some of the downlowers that will be at the meet. I will be there hopefully both days. Anyone have any suggestions as this is my first trip ever to Odessa.

Spaceman_Spiff
04-26-2005, 10:37 AM
Is there going to be a meeting place or do I just have to hope that I bump into some of you nice folks? I'll be there all day on Friday and Saturday.

Spaceman_Spiff
04-26-2005, 10:38 AM
Z...do you think its gonna be dangerous for me to give away my identity?...laughing