PDA

View Full Version : Region 3 Softball

Rockdale Tiger
04-20-2005, 05:42 PM
This is the toughest region which consist of 4 of the top 5 teams in 3A softball. Rockdale, Bridge City, Barbers Hill, and Splendora.

mwynn05
04-20-2005, 05:48 PM
Rankings mean nothing

Rockdale Tiger
04-20-2005, 05:52 PM
Rankings are like a stat and i was stating that stat. But if you seriously look at region 3 it is the toughest.

Old Cardinal
04-20-2005, 06:53 PM
To Rockdale Tiger--The other team rated #3 was/is Van-- Region II. They were upended this week by Canton 5-0 a cellar team in their District. I think Lindale is the strongest team in Region II at present. Coach Michelle Smith(Lindale) lost her great team to graduation but seems to have another ready for the playoffs again this season.
I think West is the sleeper they were in Region III last season and are now competing in Region I. They or Borger should win out in west TXs. Misty Shaklee is a great Coach at Borger and Canyon looked to dominate them at the first of the season but Borger just kept on improving!

mwynn05
04-20-2005, 07:02 PM
Originally posted by Rockdale Tiger
Rankings are like a stat and i was stating that stat. But if you seriously look at region 3 it is the toughest.
Rankings arent really a stat either, more like and opinion.

Rainman
04-20-2005, 10:46 PM
An opion voted on by experts from around the state in each sport. Perfect no, useful yes. Region III is by far the toughest region in the state.

Old Cardinal
04-21-2005, 10:34 AM
To Mwynn05: You are exactly right Polls are opinions. Hopefully it is opinions by folks that try to stay on top of the data and are just making somewhat educated guesses. I take little store in some that seem to be politically motivated; however, some are quite accurate. Let's take the beginning poll for girls SB--Huntington, Bridge City, Barbers Hill, Splendora were on top, all have had exemplary seasons thusfar. Does that mean one of them will win-No! But it is uncanny that all 4 are candidates at the end of the District season.
I would like to congratulate Rockdale on surpassing any predictions at the first of the year...What team does your Pitcher represent in the Select team programs?

pirate4state
04-21-2005, 10:41 AM
Originally posted by Rockdale Tiger
This is the toughest region which consist of 4 of the top 5 teams in 3A softball. Rockdale, Bridge City, Barbers Hill, and Splendora. That's perfect for the rest of the regions! :p :D They'll just knock each other off. :clap:

Rainman
04-21-2005, 01:01 PM
Someone will come out a winner and will be a very good team to have survived that kind of competition.

Brahma73
04-21-2005, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by Rainman
An opion voted on by experts from around the state in each sport. Perfect no, useful yes.

Someone explain the "usefulness" of polls.

District303aPastPlayer
04-21-2005, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by Brahma73
Someone explain the "usefulness" of polls.

i dont really think that there is one. they are just used to give us something to talk about. their only purpose is to give us an idea of who has lost the fewest games