PDA

View Full Version : 10 Year Anniversary

District303aPastPlayer
04-19-2005, 09:45 AM
Today marks the 10 year Anny of the Oklahoma City Bombing. Former President Bill Clinton spoke at a ceremony remembering the lives of those lost in this tragedy.

pirate44
04-19-2005, 09:46 AM
i dont remember what i was doing at the time, but i do remember all the clamor about it being a middle eastern man. what a terrible day in our history.:(

lepfan
04-19-2005, 09:49 AM
Did any of you visit the site before they put in the memorial?

We were in OKC a few months after the bombing...it left me speechless...I still have a very vivid picture in my head of the aftermath...:(

As they said this moringing on GMA...This is the day America lost it's innocence.

HighSchool Fan
04-19-2005, 09:56 AM
Originally posted by lepfan
Did any of you visit the site before they put in the memorial?

i've been there a couple of times since the memorial was built. it is really a moving experience. if someone ever goes there, be sure and go through the museum beside it, but be sure and take a box of tissues.

lepfan
04-19-2005, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by HighSchool Fan
i've been there a couple of times since the memorial was built. it is really a moving experience. if someone ever goes there, be sure and go through the museum beside it, but be sure and take a box of tissues.

When I went they still had the fence up with all the memorials hanging on the fence. I was speechless....there were a lot of people there, but not a word was being said. I could not cry at the time...I felt as though if I had started I could not have stopped. It was a very moving place....the energy was awesome! I am sure it would be worth the trip to go again!!!