PDA

View Full Version : Lance Armstrong will retire after this Year's Tour de France!

Phil C
04-18-2005, 04:14 PM
Great Career Lance and we hope you enjoy your retirement. Of course some unfinished business this summer in France!

AggieJohn
04-18-2005, 04:14 PM
does his career seemed blemished if he doesn't get it

pirate44
04-18-2005, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
Great Career Lance and we hope you enjoy your retirement. Of course some unfinished business this summer in France!
no unfinished business, just the icing on the cake. i really hope he retires with a final win. he is already one of the great sports heros of our time.

pirate44
04-18-2005, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by AggieJohn
how can it be blemished. its not as if he hasnt won it yet.

Phil C
04-18-2005, 04:17 PM

Not at all AggieJohn. Six straight wins aint' bad even though I am sure most of us hope he gets a seventh.

AggieJohn
and deadbeat dad apparently from what i hear....but then again that's only rumors

TheDOCTORdre
His career can only be blemished if they find out he did steriods

AggieJohn
04-18-2005, 04:20 PM
it seems like the steriod issue is on the brink of hurting pro sports majorly

TheDOCTORdre
04-18-2005, 04:21 PM
it seems like the steriod issue is on the brink of hurting pro sports majorly
at least we dont have to worry about the hockey players doing steriods:D

HighSchool Fan
04-18-2005, 04:22 PM
and deadbeat dad apparently from what i hear....but then again that's only rumors

not trying to throw stones here, but what in the heck does child support have to do with his number of wins or his career.

AggieJohn
04-18-2005, 04:24 PM
http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=28472

Phil C
04-18-2005, 04:29 PM
He has been given so many drug tests and has passed them all. I don't think there will be a blemish problem. It is like Marion Jones the great track star who has been accused of the same thing (once even by an ex husband) yet she has never ever failed a drug test.

HighSchool Fan
04-18-2005, 04:29 PM
can someone else ask AJ the question since he refuses to answer mine.

pirate44
04-18-2005, 04:39 PM
leave it to the people who self-proclaimed "hate Lance Armstrong" to diminish his career or raise rumored accusations.:rolleyes:

HighSchool Fan
04-18-2005, 04:44 PM
Originally posted by pirate44
leave it to the people who self-proclaimed "hate Lance Armstrong" to diminish his career or raise rumored accusations.:rolleyes:

thanks P44, i remember that thread now that you mention it

AggieJohn
04-18-2005, 05:50 PM

i really have no proof..i just have some friends that have heard stuff about him and it its true then i really don't like that

pirate44
04-18-2005, 07:32 PM
i really have no proof..i just have some friends that have heard stuff about him and it its true then i really don't like that
and if you were an axe murderer, i wouldnt like that very much. i dont really have proof though.

turbostud
04-18-2005, 09:29 PM
"Armstrong listed many reasons why he has decided to move on to the next chapter in his life -- among them age and his children. "I think the biggest inspiration are my children. They are the ones that make it easier to suffer but they are also the ones that have told me it is time to come home. So without them, none of this would be possible."

This quote was taken from an article at cyclingnews.com that was posted today as Lance announced his retirement at the Tour de Georgia.

Deadbeat Dad????????? You decide.

AggieJohn
04-18-2005, 11:50 PM
and if you were an axe murderer, i wouldnt like that very much. i dont really have proof though.

yeah i know speculation can tarnish an image

LH Panther Mom
04-19-2005, 06:53 AM

I could be wrong but I don't think there's a person on this board who knows Lance or even anyone that knows what his situation is. It's not necessary that you like him but since you have no proof, stop bringing it up. Whether or not you think he's a deadbeat dad has nothing to do with what he has accomplished in the cycling world. And just because you have friends that have heard it doesn't make it true.

HighSchool Fan
04-19-2005, 07:07 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
I could be wrong but I don't think there's a person on this board who knows Lance or even anyone that knows what his situation is. It's not necessary that you like him but since you have no proof, stop bringing it up. Whether or not you think he's a deadbeat dad has nothing to do with what he has accomplished in the cycling world. And just because you have friends that have heard it doesn't make it true.

your awesome sis :clap: :clap: :clap:

spiveyrat
04-19-2005, 07:08 AM
Thank goodness! Now hopefully, OLN will quit covering bicycle racing so dang much during the summer. OLN needs more shows associated with fishing and fewer shows not associated with fishing! :mad:

LH Panther Mom
04-19-2005, 07:28 AM
Originally posted by HighSchool Fan
your awesome sis :clap: :clap: :clap:

Are you just now figuring that one out? ;)

HighSchool Fan
04-19-2005, 07:30 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Are you just now figuring that one out? ;)

i've always known it, i just wasn't for sure if i've told ya lately :)