PDA

View Full Version : KTJ's Request--Boycott TGI Friday's...

KTJ
04-18-2005, 02:15 PM
Here is my open letter to the corporate office, which is in Dallas.

To Whom It May Concern--

I am writing this email in response to the service my party received at your TGI Fridays restaurant in San Antonio off of Northeast Loop 410. During the night of Friday, April 15th, my friends and I came to TGI Friday's at around 11:30 p.m. The party included about 13 people and our waitress was Victoria F.

Victoria was continuously rude, snapping back orders at us while we were trying to decided what to eat. Once the food came out, she was frantically placing food in the wrong places, making us swap out our own meals. Also, only half of our party actually had their drinks refilled while the other half was forced to sip on ice cubes the rest of the meal. When I looked around to find the hostess to tell her of my complaint, she, too, was no where to be found. One of our party members got sick during our time at the restaurant, and when I told the hostess, her response was "oh." I had to go hunt down another waiter just to get some napkins for our sick friend.

Now I understand the pressures of the wait staff and how hectic the front of the house can be. I have several years of wait staff experience under my belt. However, during our visit, we were clearly the only table Victoria had as we were the last party out of the restaurant, minus the bar area. I do find it quite unsettling that this type of attitude was allowed, no matter what time of day it was or how big or small the party may have been. I only hope that next time I visit a TGI Friday's, the wait staff will be more courteous towards their guests. If not, then I think it would be safe to say that myself, as well as the rest of the members of my party, will never visit a TGI Friday's again.

Thank You,

KTJ
Austin, TX

CHS_CG
04-18-2005, 02:18 PM
I hope your letter gets your point across! Good luck!

pirate44
04-18-2005, 02:19 PM
nice letter, but dont forget to include the line:

"And they keep serving my pal pirate44 raw chicken. what's up with that?"

that line alone should get you a couple free desert coupons.

Ranger Mom
04-18-2005, 02:23 PM
Okay....they are boycotted with me!!

(We don't have any TGI Friday's around here anyway):D

Phil C
04-18-2005, 02:24 PM
Now now KTJ! Everyone has a bad day once in a while.

bccards
04-18-2005, 02:33 PM
they will send you a gift card between $30-$50 .. anytime I complain somewhere, that's what they do..

pirate44
04-18-2005, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
Now now KTJ! Everyone has a bad day once in a while.
tgi fridys in Corpus is notorious for pulling stuff like that. the service is horrible. they must hire the rejects from whataburger i think. ive had them boycotted for a while now

mwynn05
04-18-2005, 03:13 PM
Personally, I think their menu sucks anyway

44INAROW
04-18-2005, 03:16 PM
Nice letter, got the complaint stated without being nasty. Your English teacher would be proud of your grammatical skills as well :) The year that the Rivercenter Hotel in SA opened, my mom and dad stayed there and had several "problems" with the service and the room. My mother, being the High School English teacher (lol lol) wrote a letter to corporate and in turn, rec'd a voucher for 3 free weekends........... It never hurts to complain to the proper people in the proper way :cool:

Rabbit'93
04-18-2005, 03:49 PM
I had TGI F's today and I did get a piece of raw chicken, as a matter of fact. Now, I've had bad service and I've had horrible service. I've never been a letter writer and I don't think I would ever write someone to complain. I would rather call someone and explain my situation.

Now one thing I absolutely can't stand is people that complain just to get something in return(I'm not saying that's what your doing KTJ). Just something I wanted to throw out.

pirate44
04-18-2005, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by Rabbit'93
I had TGI F's today and I did get a piece of raw chicken, as a matter of fact.
YUP. im not suprised. has happened to me a few times. ya want to give them the benefit of the doubt, but after a few times it gets ridiculous

AggieJohn
04-18-2005, 03:57 PM
go chilli's....btho TGI Fridays

Gobbla2001
04-18-2005, 05:06 PM
Sorry you had such bad service, KTA...

But honestly, it just sounds like an isolated problem... even with the raw chicken stuff.. I can name about 5 places I've been where the service and food has been quite a bit less than perfect...

However, for the honest TGI's out there, a boycott isn't really a good thing to do...

I personally have never had a problem at a TGI Fridays... But it may not be a problem with the whole chain, but with individual locations dotted across this great landscape...

Now, if it were 60% of the TGI's doing this, I'd say 'do something', but until then, there are always some bad apples out there, this world we live in is not perfect, and was meant to be this way...

I will not Boycott TGI's (plus I do not live near one ha)...

KTJ
04-18-2005, 09:04 PM
I was being facetious about the boycott. But nevertheless, I still stand by my letter. Maybe this has been happening all along and no one has written about it and I'm the first? Who knows.

I really don't expect anything to come of it, but if it does, I'll definitely let you guys know.

I didn't want to eat at that TGI Friday's anyway. I voted for Mexican food. But nooooooooooooooooooooo, my friends were tired and wanted to get adult drinks ASAP! :mad: :D

Gobbla2001
04-18-2005, 09:06 PM
Heck yah, write the letters, bring it to their attention.....

lepfan
04-18-2005, 10:24 PM
The state of kansas is concerned they may lose a seat in congress...because the population is not growing. Well duhhhh, it does not take a rocket scientist to figure this one out. The taxes they charge you up here are enough to send you packing!!! They were wanting to come up with some ideas of how to bring more people to the state to live...I will be writing them and letter and telling them. Go easy on the taxes. I just got here and will be leaving the first chance I get!!!!!

ILS1
04-19-2005, 04:04 AM
If it makes you feel any better. I will NEVER EVER eat @ Denny's again!! I've had nothing but crappy food,service and small portions from an over priced,over rated chain food restaurant.

:)

spiveyrat
04-19-2005, 07:21 AM
Originally posted by lepfan
The state of kansas is concerned they may lose a seat in congress...because the population is not growing. Well duhhhh, it does not take a rocket scientist to figure this one out. The taxes they charge you up here are enough to send you packing!!! They were wanting to come up with some ideas of how to bring more people to the state to live...I will be writing them and letter and telling them. Go easy on the taxes. I just got here and will be leaving the first chance I get!!!!!

This site makes it REAL easy! It defaults to send your message to your congressmen as well as the President and Vice President. But the option is ther to send it to only your congressmen. Just click your state and take it from there. I've used it a time or two. ;)

Write your Congressmen (http://www.visi.com/juan/congress/)

lepfan
04-19-2005, 09:59 AM
Originally posted by spiveyrat
This site makes it REAL easy! It defaults to send your message to your congressmen as well as the President and Vice President. But the option is ther to send it to only your congressmen. Just click your state and take it from there. I've used it a time or two. ;)

Write your Congressmen (http://www.visi.com/juan/congress/)
Thanks!!!! Do you share my pain?

Bandera YaYa
04-19-2005, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by lepfan
Thanks!!!! Do you share my pain? I will share your pain anytime!! :D

lepfan
04-19-2005, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by Bandera YaYa
I will share your pain anytime!! :D

So I can send you my tax bill or at least part of it? ;)

KTJ
04-22-2005, 01:12 PM
You can now stop the boycott.

:D

The co-owner just gave me and my 12 others friends a free dinner the next time we are in San Antonio. I had about a 10 minute conversation with the co-owner on the phone who is a really nice lady. The waitress will have to write a letter of apology to us and have to pay for our dinner. That may be a bit overboard for me, but this owner wants perfection for her customers.

Nonetheless, I'm happy with the outcome. The point that I wanted to make was definitely made and the co-owner/manager seemed to agree.

CHS_CG
04-22-2005, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by KTJ

The co-owner just gave me and my 12 others friends a free dinner the next time we are in San Antonio. I had about a 10 minute conversation with the co-owner on the phone who is a really nice lady. The waitress will have to write a letter of apology to us and have to pay for our dinner. That may be a bit overboard for me, but this owner wants perfection for her customers.

Nonetheless, I'm happy with the outcome. The point that I wanted to make was definitely made and the co-owner/manager seemed to agree.

way to go!! Glad your point was made, Hope yall have a nice dinner on the waitress.. just remember.. charge it up!

pirate44
04-22-2005, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by KTJ

didnt you mean 13 friends;)

jk.
way to go. you took care of the problem in a classy way. congrats.

AP Panther Fan
04-22-2005, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by KTJ
The waitress will have to write a letter of apology to us and have to pay for our dinner. That may be a bit overboard for me, but this owner wants perfection for her customers.

Hmmmm, maybe it is just me, but it seems a bit much to force her to pay for the dinner. The apology letter is fine and I would think she would be counseled and if further complaints were received regarding her performance, she would be terminated...plain and simple.

The waiters/waitresses don't make that much money to begin with and it seems to me that comp-ing a dinner(s) for poor service should be a cost of doing business for the restaurant. :thinking:

Congratulations on your free meal though.;)

KTJ
04-22-2005, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
Hmmmm, maybe it is just me, but it seems a bit much to force her to pay for the dinner. The apology letter is fine and I would think she would be counseled and if further complaints were received regarding her performance, she would be terminated...plain and simple.

The waiters/waitresses don't make that much money to begin with and it seems to me that comp-ing a dinner(s) for poor service should be a cost of doing business for the restaurant. :thinking:

Congratulations on your free meal though.;)

I, nor any of my friends, asked for a free dinner and we didn't expect one.

AP Panther Fan
04-22-2005, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by KTJ
I, nor any of my friends, asked for a free dinner and we didn't expect one.

I understand that and am sure you didn't expect anything. I was simply criticizing the way the restaurant is handling it with their employee...my comment wasn't meant against you...I really do hope you enjoy your meal. :D

Rabbit'93
04-22-2005, 03:35 PM
I would have said thanks but no thanks on the dinner. That would have been the classy thing to do. And having the waitress write an apology letter seems 3rd grade-ish if you ask me.

KTJ
04-22-2005, 04:51 PM
I know AP. I just like giving you a hard time. :D

And how would saying no to the dinner be classy? The classy thing was writing the letter and letting the owner know how I (we) felt. To claim the free dinner, we have to drive to San Antonio and bring the letter with us. Chances are, we probably won't do that.

Sure, there are 13 very hungry college students in Austin who will take a free meal when we can get it. But we aren't trying to milk this for all it's worth.