PDA

View Full Version : 25-AAA Softball...3rd place

bmbf_06
04-18-2005, 08:51 AM
These two play for third place on Friday.....

18handicap
04-18-2005, 01:13 PM
It should be a great game by two very good teams. It's a shame that one of these teams will not make the playoffs.

GOFOR2
04-18-2005, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by bmbf_06
These two play for third place on Friday.....

have to go with who is hot and full of confidence.
Wharton got swept by WC and Needville and is a worthy opponent, but Sweeny just had a heck of a game and seems to be peaking at the right time.

bmbf_06
04-18-2005, 01:22 PM
oh by the way, congrats on that win handicap!!!!

18handicap
04-18-2005, 01:25 PM
Thanks! We played very well last Friday and will have to play even better to win against a very good Wharton team. Both teams will be well prepared for a great game.

bmbf_06
04-18-2005, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by 18handicap
Thanks! We played very well last Friday and will have to play even better to win against a very good Wharton team. Both teams will be well prepared for a great game.

im sure both teams are ready......im almost sure this will be a great game!!

g$$
04-19-2005, 01:49 AM
I am going with Sweeny. I always like the confident team coming off a huge win. But the game is in Wharton & it should be a playoff atmosphere. I hope to make it for both softball & baseball that night. Are the times split so people can see both? Help me here 18 Handicap....

RiverRatDad
04-19-2005, 08:15 AM
G$$ - softball @ 7pm, baseball @ 8. This should be a great game, with two well coached programs in the unfamiliar position of fighting for the third playoff spot. Wharton won in Sweeny, with the Lady Bulldog pitcher missing the strike zone and the Lady Tigers showing patience. The Wharton pitcher has pitched well all year, and now her bat is getting even hotter. She hit a homerun at Sweeny that changed zip codes twice. If the Sweeny pitcher throws strikes this could be a short season for the Lady Tigers. However, if the Wharton women play good defence they will send the Sweeny girls home with a short season.
GO LADY TIGERS!!

registered
04-19-2005, 08:55 AM
I know 18 will have the Lady Bulldogs ready to play on Friday night.

g$$
04-20-2005, 02:22 AM
Thanks for the times & update RiverRatDad. That is why you play the game right? It should be fun with lots riding on the outcome. Same with baseball fighting for 2nd place. Both teams should have their aces rested for this one. I look forward to good, clean games. Keep the rain away.

18handicap
04-20-2005, 10:48 AM
The Wharton paper wrote an excellent article previewing the game.

Lady Tigers host Sweeny in big 25-3A game

-
Only three District 25-3A softball teams will make the playoffs and Wharton hopes to be one of them.

But the Lady Tigers must beat Sweeny Friday night at Sydney Johnston field to secure the third and final spot.

Both teams are 5-4. Wharton beat the Lady Bulldogs 8-1 in their first meeting in Sweeny back on April 2.

“We beat them last time and I don’t think that there’s a reason why we can’t beat them this time,” said Orsag.

Wharton beat Stafford 9-3 last Friday and Sweeny upset now second place Columbia 9-0.

The Lady Tigers lost to the Lady Necks twice to leave the two teams in the tie.
It’s no surprise that the two teams are playing for the final playoff spot as both coaches felt at the beginning of the season that one of the top four teams would be left out.

“I thought there was a good chance but I was hoping it wasn’t,” said Wharton coach Orsag.

Sweeny coach Billy Hicks isn’t that surprised.

“We were all put together by the luck of the draw and it happens to be us two on Friday night,” said Hicks.

“Our girls are very hungry,” said Hicks. “They are very resiliant. They never quit and play hard and don’t want to see their season end on Friday.”

League-leading Needville, who beat Palacios 14-0, improved to 8-1 and visits the winless Lady Spartans.

Columbia, who is 7-1, hosts Palacios, who is 2-7.

Hicks believes his team will have some momentum from the win over Columbia.

“I would hope it will carry over,” said Hicks. “That was a big victory for us. We were finally able to catch some breaks in that game."

There were no games scheduled Tuesday because of statewide school testing.

“I think it’s good because we can rest up and refocus,” said Hicks.

Hicks admitted that his team didn’t play real well when they played Wharton the first time.
“Wharton made a lot of things happen,” said Hicks.

“They hit the ball real well and their pitcher kept us off balance Friday night.”

Alicia Bonner will pitch for Sweeny and Orsag will go with Casey Matzke or Sara Jordan.

Of course there will be pressure on both teams.

“Wharton knows what’s at stake and they have the experience and know what it takes,” said Hicks.

“There’s going to be a lot of pressure on both teams. There’s going to be a big crowd. I’m going to tell my team to let me handle the pressure and they play the game.”

GOFOR2
04-20-2005, 02:05 PM
“We beat them last time and I don’t think that there’s a reason why we can’t beat them this time,” said Orsag.

Wow!!!!
Someone has bulletin board material.

raider red 2000
04-20-2005, 02:15 PM
i guess a coach should say???

well we won last time and so think that we will lose.....but we might win if we are lucky.

i dont think that it is poster board material or that this late in the year that either team should need it.

GOFOR2
04-20-2005, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by raider red 2000
i guess a coach should say???

well we won last time and so think that we will lose.....but we might win if we are lucky.

i dont think that it is poster board material or that this late in the year that either team should need it.

sometimes the best response is no response.
there is no need to give anyone any more fuel.
regardless of what you may think, that is still pretty arrogant.

mojoman
04-20-2005, 02:49 PM
Congrats to the Lady Dawgs for beating Columbia. Whichever team wins, good luck in the playoffs and represent the district well. It kills me to say this, but good luck to both needville and columbia as well. congrats to needville for the didtrict championship.

mojoman
04-20-2005, 02:57 PM
Bulletin Board stuff is for those who can't play. Both teams know what is at stake and I guarantee both coaches have told their teams that they can and will win.

g$$
04-21-2005, 05:30 AM
I agree whole-heartedly with a previous poster who said sometimes the best response is nothing at all. Never give anyone added incentive to kick your tail. "Bush League" responses only get you in trouble down the line. While WC has a fine team, their coach repeatedly says things that irritate others. Like to preview the season, she said "Wharton hasn't seen us yet." What about the other teams in district, including the one who almost run-ruled you last week (9-0)? Or district champ Needville? How about being politically correct even if you don't mean it? Have you ever seen a quote from her that gives credit to the other team for playing well? I have NOT, always what her team did & did not do. I like her confidence, but my goodness. Sometimes you just get beat. That ruffles feathers & only comes back to bite you in the rear at some point. Maybe not this year, but at some point in the future. There is a lot to be said for CLASS & GOOD SPORTSMANSHIP. In the end, what comes around goes around. History says I am right.

registered
04-21-2005, 08:27 AM
You're exactly right g$$!!! There's something to be said about being politically correct in an interview, or giving the other team compliments when they have won the game over your team. If you look at the story, looks like the Sweeny coach is being very complimentary of a good Wharton team while also praising his own team. I've seen many of his comments in the papers and he has almost always found a way to say good things about the team his has beaten or lost too. He is rarely negative about his own team's play. I remember when he was at Brazosport, he would regularly get interviewed by the El Campo radio station because of his positive comments about both schools. He may be a battler and can be a real jerk during the game, but once the game is over, he is nothing but a class act.

FbCoachB40
04-21-2005, 09:06 AM
What some of you guys FAIL to realize about Orsag's comments is that they were printed by an absolute stumbling, stuttering, IDIOT. If you know the writer for the Wharton paper, you understand that he cannot get anything correct. He confuses players, he mis-spells simple words, and HE SCREWS UP QUOTES. He makes the Wharton coaches look like bafoons all of the time. So please, before you criticize Orsag recognize the source

18handicap
04-21-2005, 09:12 AM
I didn't fail to realize that --- that's why I stayed out of it. I KNOW exactly what you mean by that comment and I agree 110%!!!

I just posted the article because it was good reading. Coach Orsag and I are good friends and we both know that it will be a great game on Friday night. We both just wish it wasn't us in this situation because we have always in the past supported each other's team in the playoffs, along with Needville. The coaches in our district have always gotten along really well with each other and I expect that to continue.

neck_06
04-21-2005, 06:33 PM
Originally posted by g$$
I agree whole-heartedly with a previous poster who said sometimes the best response is nothing at all. Never give anyone added incentive to kick your tail. "Bush League" responses only get you in trouble down the line. While WC has a fine team, their coach repeatedly says things that irritate others. Like to preview the season, she said "Wharton hasn't seen us yet." What about the other teams in district, including the one who almost run-ruled you last week (9-0)? Or district champ Needville? How about being politically correct even if you don't mean it? Have you ever seen a quote from her that gives credit to the other team for playing well? I have NOT, always what her team did & did not do. I like her confidence, but my goodness. Sometimes you just get beat. That ruffles feathers & only comes back to bite you in the rear at some point. Maybe not this year, but at some point in the future. There is a lot to be said for CLASS & GOOD SPORTSMANSHIP. In the end, what comes around goes around. History says I am right.

g$$, i don't remember anyone saying anything about West Columbia or thier coach in this thread. So please, save the trash talk for another day. Anyways, what kind of loser gets on the internet to talk trash to a coach, if you don't like what she is doing, go get yourself a coaching job and run your team different, but until then QUIT TALKIN TRASH!!!!!!

as for my prediction, i hope wharton crushes em'

GO TIGERS!!

GOFOR2
04-21-2005, 07:56 PM
Originally posted by neck_06
g$$, i don't remember anyone saying anything about West Columbia or thier coach in this thread. So please, save the trash talk for another day. Anyways, what kind of loser gets on the internet to talk trash to a coach, if you don't like what she is doing, go get yourself a coaching job and run your team different, but until then QUIT TALKIN TRASH!!!!!!

as for my prediction, i hope wharton crushes em'

GO TIGERS!!

Neck, I think you missed the boat on this one. I think g$$ was just talking about how sometimes people, in general, not just coaches, are better off not saying anything negative or sarcastic about an opponent. He was just using that as an example, apparently he must have read the remarks a particular person, who in this case is a coach, made.

18handicap
04-21-2005, 09:39 PM
Hey Neck_06, you have to cheer for the Bulldogs because I live in Columbia Lakes, so I support you with my taxes!! lol

Just kidding, you can cheer for whom you want, but I hope you would support us...

softball_mom
04-21-2005, 10:57 PM
I believe neck_06 was right on the money......g$$ didnt have to say what he said about the wc coach. And YES...he was talking about her and not just someone in general. And 18.....I have a Sweeny address but my kid plays for WC (GO LADY NECKS)......so I guess I'm pulling for your team..... you did find my chairs...LOL!!!! Good luck!

g$$
04-22-2005, 06:48 AM
Hey S.M. (& you have often told us who you are), I was not calling out your WC coach. In fact, I have praised both WC teams. I just find it offensive, as do others, when that person repeatedly does not give the other team credit for playing well. I read lots of papers online checking on kids & coaching friends, & she is in the minority on this issue. Sometimes you just get beat: it is called CLASS. Your baseball coach IS a class act in this regard. As for the "loser" comment, sounds like sour grapes on your end since you both got it handed to you last Friday. I was making a general statement on being quoted - maybe you should reread it. And yes, misquotes happen often unfortunately. Coach Hicks is good with the media & does not back himself into a corner by speaking out of turn. He competes between the lines. You cheer for who you want & I will do the same. But I must say you make it awful hard to root for your team, as I did vs. Cuero in the fb playoffs. I remember a certain personal foul cheap shot by #9 on punt coverage. Fair catch ring a bell?? I have a job that keeps me plenty busy, & also LOTS more experience in athletics than a 17 year old kid in WC, Texas. You might want to concentrate on winning a playoff game coming up & increasing velocity above 84 mph (yes, I have scouted you). Throw that room service up here this summer & see where it lands. Better have GREAT command & a sharp breaking ball, or just wear a catcher's mask to the mound. Don't call me out unless you can handle it in return. And thanks GoFor2 & Registered for clarifying my point to him. Maybe the TAKS put him on edge. Good luck to all.

Johnnypaycheck
04-22-2005, 07:54 AM
g$$,
just stating the obvious facts here so don't get panties in a wad...

Necks06 out pitched Sweeny's stud when they played at WC...12 K's and 1 hit allowed...don't get me wrong, your nephew is the real deal...

And I would hope you feel better about yourself after talking smack to a 17 year old. What kinda scout are you? What organization do you represent? I am sure your bosses would be proud.

go push some more papers and quit harassing teenagers, GE...

scrub c
04-22-2005, 07:55 AM
g$$

talk about sour grapes ? ? ?

I was wondering when you would stick your head back on this board... Talk about making comments and not giving others credit, what about the comment earlier this year... something about everybody else playing for second. Well, you had that right. . . just the wrong teams playing for it.
I just dont get how a coach can be labeled BY YOU for not having "CLASS & GOOD SPORTSMANSHIP" for doing an interview for the local paper ON HER TEAM. not the other teams in the district. And by the way if Im not mistaken, Wharton made the deepest run in the softball playoffs last year, so why not mention them before all the others???

As for softball, why do you even care? oh nevermind . . . you are a band-waggoner

Johnnypaycheck
04-22-2005, 07:56 AM
by the way...we wish the best of luck to Sweeny and Wharton in the playoffs...District 25 3A will be well represented...

pancho villa
04-22-2005, 07:59 AM
Hey G$$ I'm a big boy and I feel you were way out of line. Don't talk about any coach on here, period. You never measured up to your parents expectations so you critize others. I know you are a Sweeny fan however BOTH our baseball and softball teams are in the playoffs. And by the way we know who you are cisgeaux.

g$$
04-22-2005, 08:01 AM
Wrong guy on both ends, & I was NOT at the 1st WC/ Sweeny game. I heard both kids threw well. Both had 12 Ks, allowed 1 & 4 hits respectively. Right? You obviously have me confused. Tell that person what you have to say. I was not talking smack, just responding. I have repeatedly given WC teams credit. The kid called me out & got a dose of it back. That is reality. Just play the games out & see what happens.

Johnnypaycheck
04-22-2005, 08:05 AM
ok sure

pancho villa
04-22-2005, 08:05 AM
g$$ you are cisgeaux and you did talk a lot of smack early this year about all teams but Sweeny playing for second. COLUMBIA will be district champs. G.E. we know who you are!

scrub c
04-22-2005, 08:08 AM
LOL

busted

g$$
04-22-2005, 08:12 AM
The funny thing is NONE of you know me. Maybe you feel better thinking you do. I stated facts & any coach worth his salt agrees with me. I have no idea what CISGEAUX even means. Is that code for something? Stop the garbage & play the games. I had my 2 cents worth on etiquette. I am moving on....

scrub c
04-22-2005, 08:13 AM
LOL

scrub c
04-22-2005, 08:14 AM
how about just MOVE

like to ALASKA or somewhere

pancho villa
04-22-2005, 08:15 AM
You know what cisgeaux means. You are to chicken$&*t to admit it (Mike Tribig would whip your a$$) Tell us then who you are then loser.

g$$
04-22-2005, 08:16 AM
PM me if you think you know me & I will reply. That will clear this up quickly. Step up & do it.

scrub c
04-22-2005, 08:17 AM
loser

Johnnypaycheck
04-22-2005, 08:17 AM
someone is crawfishing...cisgeuax...what a loser...

g$$
04-22-2005, 08:18 AM
Have not seen the PM. Who is crawfishing? Not real worried about a coach in Palacios either. I wish him & his family well. Where are you with that PM??

pancho villa
04-22-2005, 08:20 AM
I don't know how to do this PM thing. Waiting on you.

Iknowalot
04-22-2005, 08:21 AM
Check the article and see what 18 said about Wharton's playoff experience. I believe he stated the fact that they are playoff tested, but remember that the pitcher has been hurt most of the year and won't pitch this game, and the SS is now playing for A&M, plus they lost 4 other very good starters. 18's team also was in the playoffs and lost 7 starters and I think that it is very good that they are still in the hunt.

I'm related to 18 and I also live in CBISD and I support the Necks, but I always support 18's team whereever he coaches.

According to my sources, you are way off of g$$. He is not closely related to Cisgeaux.

g$$
04-22-2005, 08:21 AM
That says it all. Look in your TAKS booklet. You are about to know me, & yes you are rather large Pancho.

g$$
04-22-2005, 08:23 AM
Glad someone has a clue. Where are you now WC??

pancho villa
04-22-2005, 08:24 AM
You got that right I am large and I am not scard for anybody to know who I am on here.

scrub c
04-22-2005, 08:24 AM
everyone knows who you are

and that bothers you dont it . .

g$$
04-22-2005, 08:27 AM
Not a bit, because you are dead wrong. I have never been any other name. I welcome you to PM me & we can clear this up. I am sure not hiding from you.

pancho villa
04-22-2005, 08:29 AM
I sent you a PM well I'm waiting.

pancho villa
04-22-2005, 08:31 AM
I'm still waiting!

g$$
04-22-2005, 08:34 AM
Get it??

scrub c
04-22-2005, 08:45 AM
GE

pancho villa
04-22-2005, 08:46 AM
I sent you another PM give me a straight answer. How do you know me cause you are cisgeaux.

Iknowalot
04-22-2005, 08:46 AM
I have some GE appliances at home. LOL (General Electric)

g$$
04-22-2005, 08:54 AM
The only with the balls to clear this up was Pancho. You guys are grasping at straws. But if it makes your day go better, so be it. I find it humorous. Gotta go.

pancho villa
04-22-2005, 09:07 AM
Ok G$$ is not cisgeaux he told me who G$$ is. But G$$ stay off our softball coach.

Johnnypaycheck
04-22-2005, 09:08 AM
whatever GE...

"We have more friends than you think we do."

Old Cardinal
04-22-2005, 09:10 AM
To G$$: Are you the same guy that self-proclaimed yourself as the great baseball scout. First you came on here and cut down all the players from the Golden Triangle. Well Nederland is #2 in 4A BB and BC is #5 in 3A BB, even though BC has swamped Nederland in head-to-head meetings. I see you are also an expert on that District with WC in both boys and girls diamond sports. LOL

g$$
04-22-2005, 09:13 AM
No, & the Golden Triangle plays great baseball. Settle down buddy.

g$$
04-22-2005, 09:14 AM
Talk to Pancho. He posted the truth above & can fill you in. I have to go.

scrub c
04-22-2005, 09:15 AM
g$$

nothing has been cleared up

GE

Johnnypaycheck
04-22-2005, 09:21 AM
g$$,
how many letters a day is bagwell and biggio getting a day???

scrub c
04-22-2005, 09:34 AM
what is cisgeaux? some kind of code or something

HA HA HA

nice on GE

scrub c
04-22-2005, 09:39 AM
we left g$$ alone for a long time...

didnt say anything negative about him during baseball season, but now he comes on and attacks our softball coach???

i just dont get it

FbCoachB40
04-22-2005, 09:40 AM
Here is what I find funny. When I logged on this morning I saw that this post had gone from 2 pages to 5. Immediately, do you know what popped into my head???????

I said to myself I bet G$$ started somehting with WC, and looky here!! The best rivalry in high school athletics? Not Permian and Midland Lee, No, it's G$$ and WC.

I think that it is great, yo guys make this site alot of fun. See Ya at the parks tonight guys.

Johnnypaycheck
04-22-2005, 09:41 AM
g$$ had to go sort thru some fan mail...

pancho villa
04-22-2005, 09:43 AM
Walk careful around WC. and its boys.

softball_mom
04-22-2005, 09:53 AM
LOL!

pirate4state
04-22-2005, 10:08 AM
all this over a 3rd place game?? :devil: :evillaugh

j/k :D Good Luck to both teams!! :clap:

pancho villa
04-22-2005, 10:11 AM
This is about G$$ dogging our softball coach.

18handicap
04-22-2005, 01:18 PM
No, this was a post about two very good softball teams having to battle it out for 3rd place tonight. We are in a district that has 4 teams that are capable of winning many other districts and it's a shame that one of us will have to watch the playoffs from outside the fence. But that is the draw that we have and we will all live with it. Pray for no rain tonight.

raider red 2000
04-22-2005, 01:22 PM
18- you are right. i am sure that the winner of the game will represent the district well.

although the brazoria county smack is a trip.

FbCoachB40
04-22-2005, 02:42 PM
18- it is 2:45, and it is raining

scrub c
04-22-2005, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by g$$
I remember a certain personal foul cheap shot by #9 on punt coverage. Fair catch ring a bell??

You are an idiot !

if you went to the game, you would have seen it was #19 on that play. And I guess the under armor must have thrown you off a little too. cause the colors dont match.

and his is 16, turning 17 later this week...

and he throws in the upper 80's not the lower 80's as you quoted....

maybe that is why you swing off you nephews nuts so hard!

GOFOR2
04-22-2005, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by scrub c
You are an idiot !

if you went to the game, you would have seen it was #19 on that play. And I guess the under armor must have thrown you off a little too. cause the colors dont match.

and he throws in the upper 80's not the lower 80's as you quoted....

maybe that is why you swing off you nephews nuts so hard!

Johnny Utah wants to know if we can all just get along?
Can we quit the mudslinging?
I cant believe all of this started over a softball game.
I could expect that from Phil C, but lets quit firing bullets at each other already, and let the kids play.

18handicap
04-22-2005, 04:05 PM
Just finishing raining here in Sweeny at 4:05......

Game is still on...

RiverRatDad
04-22-2005, 09:26 PM
Wharton wins, 1-0 in 8 innings. Great game, it's a shame one team has to stay home after playing a game like that.

Iknowalot
04-23-2005, 12:27 AM
You're right. It's a shame that a team had to stay home after a call like that at home plate in the bottom of the 8th. Both teams played such good games tonight, and then to have a controversial call decide the end of the season for one team is a crying shame. I talked to my cousin 18 a little bit ago and he is pretty devastated by the how the game ended.

I don't think he's going to update his standing site until about Sunday. I just talked to him on the phone and I think the cerveza is starting to flow.

18handicap
04-23-2005, 08:15 AM
It was a well played ballgame with a huge crowd and a playoff atmosphere. I am so proud of the effort that my team gave in the game.

That's all I can say about the game now. If anyone else wants to make my comments for me, then so be it, but you aren't going to see me make anything but positive comments on the boards.

LH Panther Mom
04-23-2005, 08:21 AM
It was a well played ballgame with a huge crowd and a playoff atmosphere. I am so proud of the effort that my team gave in the game.

That's all I can say about the game now. If anyone else wants to make my comments for me, then so be it, but you aren't going to see me make anything but positive comments on the boards.

Sorry about the loss. You are a classy guy. :)

GOFOR2
04-23-2005, 08:23 AM

i am sorry to hear about the result 18.
you have been and are a class act, see you later in the summer.

middleagecardinal
04-23-2005, 08:28 AM
Sorry about the loss....do you plan on watching any of the playoffs?

18handicap
04-23-2005, 09:10 AM
I plan on getting out to see some playoff games, but it may not be until the 3rd round. I'm going to have softball withdrawals for a few days now because sitting at home is something that I'm not used to doing this time of year. When you've been in the playoffs 15 out of 17 years -- I'm not sure what to do right now.

With the price of gas so high right now, I may not venture too far. Someone joked with me already this morning that maybe I'll have a little extra time to find me a date or get a wife finally. LOL

bmbf_06
04-23-2005, 11:44 AM

there was A LOT of people at that game!! i have never seen that many people at our field before.....as for the bulldogs--i have to say ya'll played awesome....i think that was the best game for us all season!

neck_06
04-23-2005, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by g$$
.......I was NOT at the 1st WC/ Sweeny game.......

G.E. (and yes, i know who you are.) Why do you lie to all the people on here, are you really that insicure about yourself. We both know that you were at the game, because i remember you coming up to me after the game and saying and i quote "way to throw the baseball". so don't feed everyone this crap about how you weren't there, and once again, we know who you are so quit trying to get out of it.

3&2count
04-23-2005, 10:01 PM
someone that was there tell me your opinion of the play. out or safe?

RiverRatDad
04-24-2005, 12:37 AM
The right fielder made a great throw and the ball beat the runner, but the catcher held the ball high and failed to tag the runner who slid under the tag. I was on the fence on the 3rd base side and had a good view of the play. The umpire was in great position to make the call. The girl was safe. That's how I saw it.

GOFOR2
04-24-2005, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by RiverRatDad
The right fielder made a great throw and the ball beat the runner, but the catcher held the ball high and failed to tag the runner who slid under the tag. I was on the fence on the 3rd base side and had a good view of the play. The umpire was in great position to make the call. The girl was safe. That's how I saw it.

its a moot point

raider red 2000
04-24-2005, 01:20 PM
you are right about it being moot, but i think someone asked for opinions

Iknowalot
04-24-2005, 06:22 PM
I spent some time with 18 at the Brazoria Catholic church bazaar today and I told him what RiverRatDad said. He told me, but I know he won't say it on here, that even though he likes RRD a lot and respects his opinion, 18 said he'll never buy into the fact that the girl was safe and will "take that to his grave."

I know him too well and I know he's going to defend his kids all the way, so that's I would expect him to say. He also told me that he wished it didn't come down to that, and that is why he was so devastated by the ending.

RRD, 18 said he wasn't getting on here for awhile, but he did tell me to tell you that when he sees you at the poker parlor again, he's going to take all of your money! He was laughing good, so I think he'll be alright.

bmbf_06
04-24-2005, 07:15 PM
not to get on anyone's bad side or anything but the girl was clearly safe--yes, the catcher had the ball...but as RRD said, she held it too high and the player slid under the tag. I will agree it was a close call....i would have hated to be the umpire that had to make that call!!

neck_06
04-25-2005, 09:46 AM
tttt

Phil C
04-25-2005, 09:49 AM
I understand how you feel bnb. There are close calls but then there are sometimes close close calls that could go either way or should go the other way but the umpire has to make the call. We had several of those against Goliad in Softball and never was one of them ever called Sinton's way which is a good reason why Goliad won the two games by one run.

pancho villa
04-25-2005, 09:53 AM
She was out, no safe. Anyway Columbia is in the playoffs, you hear that G$$.

neck_06
04-25-2005, 10:00 AM
OUT!!!!

Iknowalot
04-25-2005, 11:04 AM
If you knew how devasted the coach and his girls are that the season ended on a controversial call, you would lay off. Remember my son played for the Necks and that's all I'll say.

bmbf_06
04-25-2005, 05:21 PM
i know how dedicated sweeny's coach is to his team and im sorry they lost--but its just a game.....the umpire called her safe and thats all there is to it--

im sorry the bulldogs had to go thru that