PDA

View Full Version : Abilene Wylie

VWG
04-18-2005, 08:32 AM
Anybody got a score/report from Saturday's baseball game?

Adidas410s
04-18-2005, 08:34 AM
I called my brother and he said that Wylie won 4-2 but he wasn't positive if that was the right score.

oh well
04-18-2005, 09:58 AM
What is the standings in the District with 3 games to go?

superslyguy06
04-18-2005, 10:32 AM
yeah, it's right, I talked to a couple of the players sat. night.

injuredinmelee
04-18-2005, 10:56 AM
saturdays game against Graham story:
'Small ball' wins for Wylie boys

A little ''small ball'' paid off for the Wylie High School baseball team Saturday in a 4-1 win over Graham.

The Bulldogs started the bottom of the first inning with a hit batsman, an error and a bunt single to load the bases.

''We executed very well to get the two runs in,'' said Wylie coach Clay Martin.

Chase Davis, who had a no-hitter going into the fifth inning, picked up the win for the Bulldogs.

injuredinmelee
04-18-2005, 10:57 AM
Fridays game against Merkel:
13-run third inning lifts Wylie past Merkel
By Brandon McAuliffe / Special to the Reporter-News
April 16, 2005

Varsity newcomer Greg Johnson hit a three-run home run that traveled an estimated 340 feet to key a 13-run third inning for Wylie High School in a 13-1 win over Merkel High School in District 4-3A baseball action Friday afternoon.

Johnson, playing in just his third game on the varsity squad, greeted Merkel pitcher Dustin Kennedy in the third inning with the monster shot as Wylie improved to 11-12 overall and 4-1 in district action. Johnson added a two-run double later in the inning.

''It feels good to get the first homer under my belt,'' Johnson said. ''We wanted to bounce back (from last week's loss to Clyde) and show that we are a force to be reckoned with.''

The third inning started with Reyn King drawing a walk from starting pitcher Kurtis Brown. When Blake Lemen tried to bunt King over, Kennedy, playing third base at the time, made an erant throw to first, putting runners on second and third. Brown would strikeout his pitching counterpart Stetson Taylor, but Taylor wound up on base after a dropped third strike by catcher Zack Maxey.

Spencer Davis and Chase Davis followed with an RBI single and walk, respectively. That led to the end of Brown's day, but only the start of a huge inning. Following Johnson's home run, Nathan Saltzgaber and Peyton Harris each hit singles. Saltzgaber would score on a groundout to second by Trent Morris for the first out of the inning.

King followed with an RBI single to left field to plate Wylie's eighth run of the inning. After Lemen flied out to right fielder John Rouse for the second out of the frame, Taylor hit a grounder that Kennedy was unable to field from the mound.

''We got on a roll,'' Wylie coach Clay Martin said. ''I am really pleased with how we executed. Hitting is contagious.''

After Chase Davis was hit by a Kennedy pitch, Johnson showed that the Bulldogs still had the hitting bug.

Johnson hit his double to score both Taylor and Spencer.

But Wylie wasn't done.

Harris hit a blooper that third baseman Kenny Dye, shortstop Russ Biggs and left fielder Aarron Flores converged upon, but it fell between all three. The error allowed Chase Davis and Johnson to score.

Kennedy finally popped out to second baseman Caleb Nies to end the inning - after Wylie scored 13 times on six hits. The Bulldogs were aided by three errors by the Badger defense, two passed balls and a wild pitch. Seven of Wylie's runs in the inning were unearned.

Merkel, closing in on a .500 record for the season at 11-10 overall and 0-6 in district play, actually drew first blood on Friday. During the top of the second inning, Rouse hit a single up the middle with two outs. He would go on to score when Brown drilled an RBI double to the wall in center field.

Wylie returns to action today at home against Graham High School in a non-district game set to start at noon.

''We had this past Tuesday off and will have next Tuesday off,'' Martin said, ''so this is just an opportunity for another game.''

Johnson added another perspective for the game against Graham.

''We are looking at using (Friday) as an inspiration for a deep run into the playoffs.''

VWG
04-18-2005, 04:49 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
saturdays game against Graham story:
'Small ball' wins for Wylie boys

A little ''small ball'' paid off for the Wylie High School baseball team Saturday in a 4-1 win over Graham.

The Bulldogs started the bottom of the first inning with a hit batsman, an error and a bunt single to load the bases.

''We executed very well to get the two runs in,'' said Wylie coach Clay Martin.

Chase Davis, who had a no-hitter going into the fifth inning, picked up the win for the Bulldogs.

I think Graham's JV could give their varsity a heck of a game. Not to say their varsity would get beat, but it would be interesting to watch. JV team is all freshman (very, very good group) and only two soph. on team.

chubbed_up
04-19-2005, 09:03 PM
sorry about that comment i was just really upset about the game for the fifth-hundred day in a row and cant wait for next season

Gobbla2001
04-19-2005, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by chubbed_up
whoever that punk is from wylie can change his sig real quick. shows me exactly where the class is. right down in cuero. now we will see. me and coop coming out of that backfield you are gonna feel sick. you might even throw up cause it is so krunk you will be thinking !36-21! all night long. man im krunk

Hey, chubbed, I met the guy with the sig before the state game, he's a class act, back off, man, you know you'll have a little 'brag' to you (as we all will) if we get one soon... Just turn the other cheek and come back swinging all next year...

We lost, time to win!

superslyguy06
04-19-2005, 10:28 PM
I think Graham's JV could give their varsity a heck of a game. Not to say their varsity would get beat, but it would be interesting to watch. JV team is all freshman (very, very good group) and only two soph. on team.

Our JV has potential. Right now the varsity has a freshmen, Cody Stansell, that can bring it for a 15 year old. . . as far as JV against varsity though, some of the JV dads were mouthing off after our varsity didn't fair too well in that TX-OK tourney back in Feb. and said their sons could take the varsity. They didn't, they got beat by Stansell, one of their own, in practice like 12-1 I believe. . . but most of us know that our guys had some big shoes to fill after last year's regional finalists group.