PDA

View Full Version : Alvarado

vfunk
10-23-2001, 05:44 PM
ok...i know i they beat commerce (by 1 point) but what makes these guys think they can beat anyone?? ive been wondering this for a while...so please help to ease my mind. i mean...im a huge forney supporter...but i wouldnt just ball up and say "yeah we can beat wylie and everman"

rholl
10-23-2001, 08:53 PM
Its called wearing puple sunglasses!! Just being fans!!! Been to several of their games...just be sure you take what they say with a grain of salt!!!!! Pretty decent team....Of course their main back is a good one...

surfspike
10-23-2001, 11:00 PM
If I were Alvarado,I would stop saying stuff about other teams and worry about my own becuase playoffs are coming up and if they face LW.... things could be disasterous for Alvarado if not prepared.

Jacket2000
10-23-2001, 11:11 PM
It should be Alvarado-Aledo in the first round, and unless the Indians just screw up royally, they should walk away with a win.

Alvaradobacker
10-24-2001, 08:45 AM
Most Alvarado fans have a realistic view of the Indians. We have a good team that can play with anybody if we minimize penalties and turnovers. If we don't, we get beat like we did against Arlington Heights, a 4a bottom-feeder. We have hope for our team because of the way they played against Commerce. We fumbled 10 times, losing 6 of them, with the majority of the fumbles being unforced. And yet we still won. We ran the football almost at will and kept Commerce's speed in check. The score should have been more like 28-7 instead of 14-13. If the Indians could duplicate that game without the turnovers, they'd be trouble for anybody except Everman, I believe.
Sounds like some sour grapes from a Forney fan to me. I guess the Wabbits are still bitter over being our whipping boys in the nineties during both the regular season and the playoffs.

deliriousmaniac
10-24-2001, 10:05 PM
I'm guessing your picking Alvarado, in a landslide victory against Aledo? Unless they screw up royally i guess huh? Hmmm, I doubt it will be that easy.

Jacket2000
10-24-2001, 11:26 PM
I didnt say anything about a landslide victory. But, if Aledo plays the way they have in the games Ive witnessed, then Alvarado will be playing in the 2nd round.

deliriousmaniac
10-25-2001, 08:48 AM
Which games have you witnessed?

Matthew328
10-25-2001, 08:53 AM
Gotta agree with Jacket...Alvarado-Aledo meet in Rd 1 Alvarado should take that...hands down they are better than Aledo...Aledo is decent but not great this year...

Jacket2000
10-25-2001, 11:06 AM
Aledo is one of the most underachieving teams Ive seen this year. These boys are huge!!! And not just big and fat, these guys are athletes; and yet, they still struggle against teams like Mineral Wells. Had Jason Mathias been healthy for the Glen Rose game, I believe Aledo would be looking for the 3rd place spot.

deliriousmaniac
10-25-2001, 05:55 PM
Well, who knows what would of happened if he would have played, but that is why Football is a TEAM sport, and not an individual sport. It takes a whole team to win a ball game, not just one player.