PDA

View Full Version : Good News For San Antonio Silver Stars of the WNBA!

PhiI C
04-17-2005, 11:22 AM
They got probably a great future player in Kendra Wecker, the great Kansas State player and she should be great! I saw her play a few times on television and she has a lot of potential! Good Luck Kendra and welcome to Texas and San Antonio!!

PhiI C
04-17-2005, 11:26 AM
One of the surprises was that Baylor's Steffanie Blackman was drafted so low (38th pick by Seatle) because she was outstanding in leading Baylor to the National Championship. She will get to play with Kara Lawson the great Tennessee ex. She is probably going to be the big steal of this draft.

PhiI C
04-17-2005, 11:32 AM
San Antonio traded one of their stars to Connecticut. It was Margo Dydek. They traded her for Connecticut's eight round pick 6ft8in Center Katie Feensta of Liberty. The experts say that this trade is a win win situation for all concerned considering their needs. We hate to see Margo go but good luck to her in Connecticut! Welcome to Texas and San Antonio Katie and best of luck to you here!

PhiI C
04-17-2005, 11:39 AM
Looking it over more for San Antonio they also got Shyra Ely of Tennessee and these Tennessee players are usually very good. Good luck Shyra and welcome to San Antonio and Texas!!
Also we got Catherine Kraayeveid a forward from Oregon. Good luck Catherine and welcome to San Antonio and Texas.

The Houston Comets got Sancho Lytle of Houston, Roneeka Hodges a guard from Florida State, and Jenni Dant a guard from DePaul. Good luck ladies and welcome to Texas and Houston!

PhiI C
04-17-2005, 11:40 AM
Overall the draft didn't have any big super stars like last year with Diana Taurasi and others but it did have lots of very good players that have potential to be good. Good luck Ladies!

AggieJohn
04-17-2005, 01:57 PM
can they for go college and go to the WNBA

PhiI C
04-17-2005, 06:35 PM
AggieJohn I may be wrong but I don't think so. A sports comentator said that the WNBA has a policy of waiting four years for their college eligibility to end. I don't know if she was accurate though. But until the WNBA starts paying the big bucks which may be a while I don't see college stars forgoing their college careers especially if they have a chance for a national championship or two.