PDA

View Full Version : 04-15-05 Baseball and Softball Results Here

PhiI C
04-15-2005, 09:34 PM
Tonight in 30AAA baseball Sinton beat Aransas Pass 4 to 0. AP Panther Fan's son played a great game and got a good hit at the end of the game but unfortunately the umpire blew it and called him out when he was clearly safe. This win sets up the showdown next Friday night in Mathis.

In softball Sinton won a tough game with Aransas Pass 2 - 1. The AP girls were fighting and really made it interesting at the end. This win gives Sinton second place and AP is in as the third place team.

PhiI C
04-15-2005, 09:41 PM
I forgot to mention AP Panther Fan but I kept my word and cheered for your son when he batted at the end and your husband was a witness that I kept my word. I also got to congratulate him on a well played game and admitted that he was robbed on the last hit. He seems like a fine young man and has a nice pretty girlfriend it seems. :)

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
04-15-2005, 09:54 PM
The Rockdale Lady Tiger Softball team continued its dominance of 19AAA with a 10-0 shutout of Cameron in 5 innings.

Old Cardinal
04-15-2005, 10:12 PM
BASEBALL---BC 8 H-J 0 Kevin Angelle our Sophomore All-State Pitcher last year pitched a 15 strike out no-hitter tonight. Boy I can't wait till next year when Broc Haymon's surgery has healed and they can both pitch as Seniors. It has to be rare that two Pitchers from the same HS were on the rotation for the National Champion(Sun Devils) 16 & U Select team!

SOFTBALL---Well BC won 1-0 over H-F. Kayla "K. K." Camille pitched for H-F tonight. She has been out with health reasons but has got to pitch two games--West Orange & BC. Camille is a premium select team pitcher for one of the three Beaumont Blast 18 & U teams. K. K. was just awesome tonight-- just what BC needed; facing superior pitching before facing the post season. Meagan Godwin slammed one well over the 200' X 8' fence in Ford Park. Camille will not be able to finish the year for H-F in post season play nor will she be able to play select ball this summer. She has major tendon/skewer heritary spawned problems in both her shoulders and will began extensive long-term physical therapy. She is a real trooper and we hope and pray she can come back from all this and play HS softball her Senior year.

It is really something the good friends, both parents and players from each town. These girls from both teams play select team ball most of the year and all seem to be close friends.

18handicap
04-15-2005, 11:02 PM
25-AAA

Needville 14, Palacios 0
Wharton 9, Stafford 3
Sweeny 9, Columbia 0

CRHSeagle
04-15-2005, 11:16 PM
7-3a

Baseball
Castleberry 10
Lake Worth 1

Softball
Castleberry 8
Lake Worth 1

footballgal
04-15-2005, 11:27 PM
Port Isabel Tarpons 3 vs Valley View 2 :clap:

FbCoachB40
04-15-2005, 11:30 PM
do we have the final results of 25-3A baseball. I heard that Sweeny was beating WC in the sixth 4-3

18handicap
04-15-2005, 11:44 PM
Baseball
Sweeny 5, Columbia 3

FbCoachB40
04-15-2005, 11:49 PM
what about needville vs. palacios in baseball

Rainman
04-16-2005, 12:33 AM
Baseball
Barbers Hill 10
Huffman 9

Softball
Barbers Hill 2
Tarkington 0

Hupernikomen
04-16-2005, 12:51 AM
Originally posted by Old Cardinal
BASEBALL---BC 8 H-J 0 Kevin Angelle our Sophomore All-State Pitcher last year pitched a 15 strike out no-hitter tonight. Boy I can't wait till next year when Broc Haymon's surgery has healed and they can both pitch as Seniors. It has to be rare that two Pitchers from the same HS were on the rotation for the National Champion(Sun Devils) 16 & U Select team!

SOFTBALL---Well BC won 1-0 over H-F. Kayla "K. K." Camille pitched for H-F tonight. She has been out with health reasons but has got to pitch two games--West Orange & BC. Camille is a premium select team pitcher for one of the three Beaumont Blast 18 & U teams. K. K. was just awesome tonight-- just what BC needed; facing superior pitching before facing the post season. Meagan Godwin slammed one well over the 200' X 8' fence in Ford Park. Camille will not be able to finish the year for H-F in post season play nor will she be able to play select ball this summer. She has major tendon/skewer heritary spawned problems in both her shoulders and will began extensive long-term physical therapy. She is a real trooper and we hope and pray she can come back from all this and play HS softball her Senior year.

It is really something the good friends, both parents and players from each town. These girls from both teams play select team ball most of the year and all seem to be close friends.

One of the downsides to select ball is these young arms can be overworked. I understand it isn't so much a problem with the young ladies as the young men.

LH Panther Mom
04-16-2005, 06:35 AM
BB:
Liberty Hill (6-2) 13 Bandera (1-7) 2 (5 inning run rule)
Llano (6-2) 7 Wimberley (6-2) 6 (10 innings)
Ingram (4-4) 6 Brady (1-7) 2

Llano beating Wimberley throws a new wrinkle in the district as Liberty Hill, Llano & Wimberley are now tied for 1st at 6-2. So far, LH is sort of behind in the mix. All teams have traded losses except that we have Llano left to play at home.

Johnnypaycheck
04-16-2005, 09:45 AM
Columbia 3
Sweeny 5

WP- Carder
L- Howard
Sv- Williams

Great game on Sweeny's part. They found them another arm to use. Carder kid shut down Columbia's sticks after the 1st inning.

Columbia's record now 14-5 (7-1)

Rainman
04-16-2005, 10:20 AM
23-AAA Softball Scores
Barbers Hill 2
Tarkington 0

Splendora 25
Cleveland 1

Huffman 11
Liberty 1

Barbers Hill and Splendora are each tied at one loss going into the last round of district play. Huffman cliches the third spot with a win over Cleveland, who is winless in district.
Next Games
Barbers Hill v. Liberty
Splendora v. Tarkington
Huffman v. Cleveland

winthebigone
04-16-2005, 11:09 AM
Giddings 8 Hutto 4
Caldwell 7 Smithville 2
Cameron 10 Rockdale 0

Any body catch a LaGrange vs. Manor score?:)

donjuan
04-16-2005, 11:39 AM
Monahans Lady Loboes hitting their stride again and playing up to their potential. Beat Midland Greenwood 8-1 yesterday in Monahans.

GOFOR2
04-16-2005, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by 18handicap
25-AAA

Needville 14, Palacios 0
Wharton 9, Stafford 3
Sweeny 9, Columbia 0

Congrats on the big win 18!!!
Got another big one next week.

18handicap
04-16-2005, 06:00 PM
Thanks! We played very well against a very good team. Columbia is 20-3 and that is NO mistake. They are good. We were able to finally catch some breaks which we haven't caught all season. Needville and Columbia are already in from our district and will represent us all well. We're down to a winner take all game for 3rd in Wharton on Friday night.

g$$
04-17-2005, 05:47 AM
Caught the end of softball & all of baseball game Friday night in Sweeny. Sweeny rose up & won both, 9-0 & 5-3. Sweeny softball played like a team fighting for its playoff life, & WC uncharacteristically helped with some errors (should have been about 4-0). WC has fine teams in both sports & should represent the district well. In baseball, the soph kid from Sweeny (Carder) did a great job after he settled into his 1st Varsity start & went 5 innings (2 earned runs vs. quality line-up). Williams got the final 6 outs (4 Ks) after pitching complete games last Friday & Monday. It was an intense game. A number of future college kids were on display. WC's Howard pitched well, just left a couple of breaking balls up & it hurt him. Sweeny got a gift run in the 6th for the final margin (ump said 1st base was not touched on appealed swinging 3rd strike in the dirt), & he eventually scored on a hit. I thought the put-out was secured at 1st base. Sweeny may have found something in the soph to be their 2nd starter desperately needed. Big games in Wharton next Friday for both Sweeny teams. Good luck to everybody.

GOFOR2
04-17-2005, 08:54 AM
Originally posted by 18handicap
Thanks! We played very well against a very good team. Columbia is 20-3 and that is NO mistake. They are good. We were able to finally catch some breaks which we haven't caught all season. Needville and Columbia are already in from our district and will represent us all well. We're down to a winner take all game for 3rd in Wharton on Friday night.

Good Luck, I'll be rooting for you.

Rockdale Tiger
04-17-2005, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by winthebigone
Giddings 8 Hutto 4
Caldwell 7 Smithville 2
Cameron 10 Rockdale 0

Any body catch a LaGrange vs. Manor score?:) I'm sure La Grange won