PDA

View Full Version : CUREO VS EDNA 4x400 RELAY

4x100jackets
04-15-2005, 12:29 PM
EDNA won with 3:26 and got DQ WHY ?????????????

raider red 2000
04-15-2005, 12:48 PM
i heard about a kid at the same meet that was dq'd for wearing a braclet and than was reinstated....who cares about rules anymore?

BU97
04-15-2005, 01:19 PM
Edna kid ran three strides on the white line! The fishy thing is that apparently a Cuero judge DQ'd them! I mean if they broke the rules then fine, I just hate it that some people will DQ a school just because they are a rival. I am not saying that this is what happened here, but I know it has happened other places.

The first year I coaced track a kid in the 800 raised his hand as he crossed the finish line. The coach of the kid that finished 3rd filed a protest to get his DQ'd so his kid would qualify for region (back when only 2 got out), thankfully the AD's told the coach to take a hike and they threw out the protest. The whole idea that someone would stoop that low made me sick though!!

Phil C
04-15-2005, 01:44 PM
It may get to the point and probably a good thing where UIL sends judges to track meets especially to watch the first three places instead of rival coaches doing it.

44INAROW
04-15-2005, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by BU97
Edna kid ran three strides on the white line! The fishy thing is that apparently a Cuero judge DQ'd them! I mean if they broke the rules then fine, I just hate it that some people will DQ a school just because they are a rival. I am not saying that this is what happened here, but I know it has happened other places.

The first year I coaced track a kid in the 800 raised his hand as he crossed the finish line. The coach of the kid that finished 3rd filed a protest to get his DQ'd so his kid would qualify for region (back when only 2 got out), thankfully the AD's told the coach to take a hike and they threw out the protest. The whole idea that someone would stoop that low made me sick though!!

you make it sound like they were DQ'd cause they were Cuero's rival. I doubt that.. Edna winning was no skin off Cuero's nose, The Cuero team was going to Regional either way - Edna was faster. no doubt bout that. How do you know WHO DQ'd them? I don't so I am not saying it was or was not a Cuero judge, I just ask the question. and the Bracelet question - what is considered a bracelet?

Gobbler Fan
04-15-2005, 02:01 PM
First I heard about the DQ.As far as it being a Cuero judge as you put it who dq'd him does it matter where he was from if the kid ran 3 strides on the white line then it is an auto DQ.

Sounds like sour grapes to me . 3 places are sent to regionals and Edna ,Cuero were 1,2 . Why would a Cuero Judge DQ Edna unjustly when Cuero was
automatically qualified for regionals .The meet was in Halletsville those were HV judges I do believe .

raider red 2000
04-15-2005, 02:55 PM
well i believe that at district meets the coaches from the district schools work as judges at various events. each school has a field event and pickers and timers and curve judges.

the bracelet i believe was a lance armstrong yellow bracelet....this is what i have heard i was not there.

sour grapes possibly....but if there was a kid wearing a bracelet...he/she should have been DQ'd also.

Just my opinion

BU97
04-15-2005, 04:52 PM
I really wasn't trying to imply that Cuero was guilty of shady judging although I admit that my post does sound that way. An Edna poster on another BB was doing plenty of that and that was kind of on my mind at the time. The point that I was trying to make was that it is a shame that any time that a coach or representative from a school DQs an athlete we have to listen to the "conspiracy theories." I have seen firsthand situations when people did not have honest intentions and they were only trying to benefit there own. It doesn't seem that Cuero had anything to gain so therefore why would getting Edna DQed accomplish anyhting.

44INAROW
04-15-2005, 04:58 PM
thanks for the clarification :)........... I'd like to read the posts from the Edna folks.. I bet they didn't mention all the taunting their runners did - showboating etc. People in the stands (who by the way were from other towns not Cuero) were laughingly referring to them as SNOOP DOG - it is my understanding that the taunting and removing articles of clothing while still on the track was the reason for the DQ but that is strictly on hear-say

BU97
04-15-2005, 06:15 PM
No they pretty much made Edna out to be the victim implying how they were going to go to state in the 4x400.

44INAROW
04-15-2005, 06:17 PM
Originally posted by BU97
No they pretty much made Edna out to be the victim implying how they were going to go to state in the 4x400.
I just read it on the oldcoach.. that dog94 was crying up a storm - he even said Cuero was running the meet.. just shows what he knows......... Some of those replies were too darn funny - in reference to the high jumper.. the yoakum kid that complained didn't do it until AFTER he was beaten.......

Gobbler Fan
04-15-2005, 07:17 PM
All water under the bridge .........if Cuero's 4x400 meter team that had been running in a few of the other track meets would have been on the track this would not have been an issue .......Brandon James and Fabian Olquin did not even run this RElay *having run their 3 events prior* this team was made up of 4 guy's that have not run together in a meet this year and they gave Edna all they could handle :clap:

Gobbla2001
04-15-2005, 09:41 PM
Y'all have some explaining to do...

I wanna know why y'all keep saying that Edna was Dairy Queened?

What in the heck does that mean?;)

scrub c
04-16-2005, 07:20 AM
West Columbia has a Dairy Queen . . .

LH Panther Mom
04-16-2005, 07:29 AM
Originally posted by scrub c

We don't. :weeping:

LH Panther Mom
04-16-2005, 07:31 AM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
removing articles of clothing while still on the track

:eek: :eek:

44INAROW
04-16-2005, 08:58 AM
Originally posted by scrub c

Gotta love the Blizzards :)

gobbler84
04-16-2005, 10:00 AM
The reason Edna got idsqualified was because of the taunting and unsportsmanship they shoowed after. The reason why the guy from Gonzales didn't get DQed for hitting the Youkum kid is because no one saw it but fans. And the reason the kid was reinstated into the meet after being DQed for wearing a badn was because no one told him anything until after when he was done.