PDA

View Full Version : Overrated (everyone Read)

NHSRattler60
04-15-2005, 12:36 AM
Something that seems to make me wonder about you guys, is that you use "Overrated" in every sentence about everything.

Sad thing is, half the time it's used, its used wrongly. So let me enlighten people:

Your overrated when your so praised and talked about soo highly, then end up flopping.

Example (not meant to offend): Being picked going into football season to be the district champions in your district, then ending up being 4th in the district.

In other words building up to a letdown.

You are not overrated when you break records, win concurrently and are successful.

Example (taken from here on the 'low) All runningbacks since Eric Campbell from UT have been over rated. No. Ricky Williams and Benson have both broken not only UT records, but NCAA and Big 12 records and have won many awards for their accomplishments.

So in conclusion: Being Overrated is being praised for things you havent even accomplished yet.

Remeber, this is just to clear things up. Don't flip out because i used the UT example or the Sealy example I pull for aTm and Sealy as much as I can. Sealy gave everyone in district a fight and just ended up getting the shortend so please, don't PM me or reply with wit, because frankly its true. Make as many cracks about Navasota you want to too. I'm not bothered by it. We had a good season, so did sealy, they just lost 3 key games.

Now to all of you college guys I live 30 minutes away from college station, and I know alot of aggies who get pissed at idiots who carry aTm's image incorrectly by saying stuff thats negative.

Same is said for UT. My sister lives in Austin not but 5 blocks away from the start of UT's campus, so I know some Longhorns who think the same.

Both are great colleges, both have their perks and their perils. Quit fighting like Jr. High kids over which side of the gym is better to sit on. Its an accomplishment to get into and graduate from both UT and aTm. Hell, TSU (SWTSU), TCU, SHSU, ANYWHERE. Be adults. Be a true college student and study instead of argue over whos nose is higher in the air.

Bed time for me kids, Goodnight.

Once again: All ignorant replies will be ignored. While I respect your opinion and all of you as people, if its not positive, it's not worth my time.

spiveyrat
04-15-2005, 07:26 AM
Since we're enlightening people... :D ;)

your
adj. The possessive form of you.
1. Used as a modifier before a noun: your boots; your accomplishments.
2. A person's; one's: The light switch is on your right.
3. Informal. Used with little or no sense of possession to indicate a type familiar to the listener: your basic three-story frame house.

you're
Contraction of you are.

AP Panther Fan
04-15-2005, 10:35 AM
Good job NHS ...

and Spivey, I need a little help with comma placement. I tend to struggle with that!:D

spiveyrat
04-15-2005, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
Good job NHS ...

and Spivey, I need a little help with comma placement. I tend to struggle with that!:D

;)

rhs78
04-15-2005, 10:57 AM
You are right on NHS,very good take on the subject.

Over-rated2004
04-15-2005, 12:21 PM
You know what your OVER-Rated and so is anyone else who agrees with this garbage.:D :mad:

Brahma73
04-15-2005, 12:27 PM
Now look what I've started...:rolleyes:

KTJ
04-15-2005, 12:29 PM
Who was fighting?

Gobbla2001
04-15-2005, 12:32 PM
It's kinda like calling someone a 'racist', NHS...

Words like 'racism', 'racist' and 'over/underrated' have grown new meanings over the years...

Being called a racist actually means that you believe one race is genetically better than another, doesn't even have to be your own race, and you can be racist...

So I can say "Man, those chinese are just better in karate than any other race" and I'm being a racist... that is pretty much a proven fact... (I need a better example)

But I can say "Man, those chinese do not know how to drive", and I'll be considered a racist by people who understand what the word has 'evolved' into... That comment is not racist, just racial profiling, meaning I am taking a stereotype and profiling that person/race etc.../whatever... It is not a proven fact that chinese do not drive good, so by the true meaning, racism does not apply here...

It sucks that these words no longer mean what they were 'meant' to, but everyone knows what everyone is talking about when you say 'over/underrated', no matter what the 'true' meaning is...