PDA

View Full Version : Bridgeport Escapes or did they?

The One
11-08-2002, 11:16 PM
Bridgeport escapes a near loss to Sanger. With a 1:47 left in in the game and a 4th and 4 for Sanger on the Bulls 35yd line Bridgeport holds for a 28-24 victory.

They escaped Sanger but next week will be a different story. Bridgeport was only a 1:47 away from playing Glen Rose and Decatur facing Everman, boy I bet there were some sweating Egrets tonite.

BullsFan
11-08-2002, 11:39 PM
That was not pretty.

We spent the whole first half trying to catch up to Sanger. They scored twice in the first five minutes of the game. Of course, they played fearlessly, or maybe I should say they were coached fearlessly.

We really lucked out this time. If we continue to play this way, I don't think we'll have to worry about anything post-Kennedale. There won't be a post-Kennedale for us.

One bright note--Cory Bosley played well. Very well. I look forward to seeing more of him next year.

The One
11-08-2002, 11:52 PM
The new kid Corey Bosely did look very good, the only bright spot of the night. If we play like this next week it will not be pretty.

Bullsfan I agree about Sanger's coaching with one exception. At the end of the game with 1 timeout left and 11 seconds on the clock, the Bulls kneeled on the ball on 3rd down. Sanger could have called their final timeout and we would have been forced to punt 1 last time into the wind from deep in our own end. That made no sense to me why they instead let the time run off the clock.

bigbullbacker
11-09-2002, 01:11 AM
Hey guy's I agree this game wasn't very pretty.
Right now this team and coaches need to do a little sole searching. I think the defense had a good night, the new kid looked good. The O-line I thought had a good nite,other than that we struggled in other areas. It wouldn't hurt any if the Ref.'s had been little more fair, very poor job, but thats not an excuse. I asked a player tonight what he thought and he said. "we beat a 30 pt. underdog by 4 pt.s" Fumbles,int. Gee did we punt tonight,Our running game wasn't very productive, but I hear #34 will be back next week. But if u think about it, I wouldn't mind winning by 4 next week! Go Bulls
I'll will be giving my prediction for next week game,later after I review the game saturday on cable......anyone wants to give me sanger and 7
BYE lol Oh yeah Hats off to sanger they played with alot of heart tonight,great bunch of kids they never gaveup, they were a class act......

The One
11-09-2002, 10:33 AM
UGH if #34 is back next week I assume he will be on crutches because he could hardley walk last night. Lets face it the Bulls are injury riddled right now and we are limping into the playoffs to face what probably is the best team in the region! Everyone wish us luck and may God be with us!

phoenix
11-10-2002, 03:44 PM
You're in the playoffs be thankful for that. Forget the polls and predictions. The beautiful thing about high school football is that the winner is determined on the field and not some pollster! I hope your Bulls find a way to win some so that Decatur can beat you again in the playoffs. Good Luck!

bigbullbacker
11-10-2002, 09:46 PM
phoenix:
You're in the playoffs be thankful for that. Forget the polls and predictions. The beautiful thing about high school football is that the winner is determined on the field and not some pollster! I hope your Bulls find a way to win some so that Decatur can beat you again in the playoffs. Good Luck!Phoenix thanks for being so positive. Be careful u may get what u wish for.....GO BULLS

airitout
11-11-2002, 11:15 AM
The One....Sanger didn't call a timeout because they were out of timeouts. Also, no matter the outcome of our game, we would play Kennedale as long as Decatur won. If we had lost and Decatur lost, we would have been out of the playoffs anyway. So, no matter the outcome, for us to make the playoffs we would still get Kennedale.

Phoenix....People can always tell newcomers to the playoffs. They have a way of making fools of themselves without realizing it. Ask Kennedale coaches if they would rather play Bridgeport or Decatur in the first round and see what they say.
You may find that other perennial playoff teams regard the Decatur Eagles with a little less awe than you think. I can't think of a decent 3A team out there that wouldn't love to have you standing between them and the next round. Sorry to burst your bubble.

<small>[ November 11, 2002, 04:21 PM: Message edited by: airitout ]</small>

fwisd
11-11-2002, 06:11 PM
You go, Air. You know how they are when they've just discovered the playoffs and the message boards. Respect instead of lack of would be a good word for some folks vocab. LOL Cubs

<small>[ November 11, 2002, 05:12 PM: Message edited by: fwisd ]</small>

The One
11-11-2002, 10:53 PM
Airitout,

#1 Sanger had one timeout left, were you at the game? If so then you would have noticed they had one remaining.

#2 To bring you up to speed on the playoff picture though it doesn't matter at this point. Had Sanger beat Bridgeport last Friday then Bridgeport, Sanger and Lake Dallas would have been tied for 2nd place in the district. Based on the point system the UIL uses Bridgeport would have got 2nd and Sanger would have gotten 3rd and Lake Dallas would have went home. Decatur would have been the district champs and would have been the Div 01 team. Decatur would have played Everman; Bridgeport would have played Glen Rose and Sanger would have played Kennedale.

#3. Now none of this matters at this point but before you start on here next time you may want to know what you are talking about. Obviously with one post on the board you are a new comer in more then one way. You did get one thing right in your post though had Decatur and Bridgeport lost on Friday then Bridgeport would have been out!

Now Go Bulls!

sparky
11-12-2002, 10:12 AM
We did not have any timeouts remaining! The scoreboard showed one timeout, but we did not have any remaining. The tie breaker system is a plus and minus system. Bridgeport was a positive 15 heading into last Fridays game. Lake Dallas was at a negative 10. Sanger was at negative 5. If we would have beat Bridgeport then we would have been in the playoffs as the second place team. The tie breaker system is for a three way tie to determine the two remaining teams. When you determine those two teams then you look at head to head for those two teams. Sanger would have beaten Bridgeport so they would then go in as the second place team and would have played Glen Rose. The district minutes explain that a head to head would determine this outcome. We put everything on the line to win and came up short. The kids fought hard and played with every ounce of energy they could muster up. I am extremely proud of our kids. Good Luck to all of our district representatives!!

MASH4077
11-12-2002, 10:29 AM
Another bitter post from fwisd still crying over last years news, and to airitout,Decatur has been in post season play 19 times, so we have some history.

repeat2002
11-12-2002, 10:31 AM
Actually, I think the district limit on the points was 14, but if it was 15, Sanger would have had to beat B'port by 11 or more to make it as the #2 team and then B'port would have been #3. Decatur would have been D1 and Sanger and B'port D2 in that order. If Sanger would have beaten B'port by less than 10, then B'port would have been #2 and Lake Dallas would have remained in the play-offs by virtue of their head to head win over Sanger. Anyway, it doesn't matter. Lake Dallas gets to go D1 (LOL) and play Everman (Coach Clark probably had a meeting with Coach Mayfield, to discuss the use of his basketball players for that game), Decatur gets Glen Rose, and the Bulls get the chance to dispose of Kennedale early. Good Luck to all of the teams involved.

airitout
11-12-2002, 11:10 AM
Sparky....Thanks for explaining the playoff scenario to "The One". I don't think he would listen to me since I only have one post and apparently to know what you are talking about, you have to post all the time. Your kids did give a great effort and I truly believe Sanger is much more worthy of the playoffs than Lake Dallas. The thing about high school football, you have to play with what you have regardless of injuries. I thought Sanger brought everything they had, every play.

The One....My, aren't we touchy? Do you have a problem with being corrected? In the future, when the ref stands at mid-field, blows his whistle, raises and lowers his arm 3 times, and points to a team, that is a signal that they have used all 3 timeouts. As for being a newcomer, I will admit I have missed 2 games.........since 1981. I have seen the good and bad and I clearly remember the butt kickings of the past. That is why Bridgeport fans love recent history and hate most things prior to '93. With that said....maybe you are the one that needs to check the facts before you post.

To the Decatur fans: Good luck on Friday and throughout the playoffs. I don't know of a single fan on either side of the Big Sandy that would not love to see a re-match later on. With a little luck, it could happen.

KTownBalla
11-12-2002, 10:51 PM
Kennedale will not be dispossed of early this year...

sparky
11-12-2002, 11:08 PM
Again,
Our district is a plus and minus district when it comes to determining three way ties! Then after you determine the two teams, you then go to head to head games. In that scenario Sanger would be the second place team. Anyway, it doesn
t matter! We didn't win.

airitout
11-13-2002, 11:55 AM
The One......nothing else to say???

BullsFan
11-13-2002, 09:20 PM
Whoawhoawhoa...don't we have enough to worry about from Kennedale Friday night without getting into it with our own team's fans? :)

The One
11-13-2002, 10:27 PM
Airitout,

I am quite familar with the losing seasons pre 1993 and I to have enjoyed the post 1993 seasons. I guess we will have to agree to disagree on this topic!

Go Bulls!