PDA

View Full Version : Sinton

rockdale80
04-14-2005, 01:47 PM
Sinton Review (http://www.texashsfootball.com/guide/previews/2005/class3a/sinton.htm)

pirate44
04-14-2005, 01:52 PM
thanks rockdale80. is it me or does a couple of those heights and weights seem a little exagerated. i remember a south texas magazine had me as 6'4 195 lbs. when i was 6'0 175 at the time. i think that was our coaches fault back then. i dont think the other teams were fooled though.

rockdale80
04-14-2005, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by pirate44
thanks rockdale80. is it me or does a couple of those heights and weights seem a little exagerated. i remember a south texas magazine had me as 6'4 195 lbs. when i was 6'0 175 at the time. i think that was our coaches fault back then. i dont think the other teams were fooled though.

Where is Taft? Looking for a week 0 game to go see.

pirate44
04-14-2005, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by rockdale80
Where is Taft? Looking for a week 0 game to go see.
im suprised they still schedule taft. even when they were 3a, they were a pretty weak team. id love for them to start opening with Refugio again like the old days. i assumed they would when Sinton's coach Jones went to Refugio.

rockdale80
04-14-2005, 02:12 PM
im suprised they still schedule taft. even when they were 3a, they were a pretty weak team. id love for them to start opening with Refugio again like the old days. i assumed they would when Sinton's coach Jones went to Refugio.

some teams schedule a weak opening game. guess they want to get the momentum rolling early.

pirate44
04-14-2005, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by rockdale80
some teams schedule a weak opening game. guess they want to get the momentum rolling early.
thats true. Taft is just itching to have a good team. they had a history of being really tough in our district. unfortunately, they have a big uphill battle to get to their earlier days of glory. its gonna take a special coaching staff to motivate those kids.

rockdale80
04-14-2005, 02:24 PM
thats true. Taft is just itching to have a good team. they had a history of being really tough in our district. unfortunately, they have a big uphill battle to get to their earlier days of glory. its gonna take a special coaching staff to motivate those kids.

sometimes the right coach is all that it takes. then again, sometimes you have a group of kids that come through that just dont know how to lose, and make the coach look good.

GOFOR2
04-14-2005, 02:34 PM
I think Jose Ruiz is suppose to be Josh Ring.
I cannot remember ever hearing of some Jose Ruiz running in the backfield for Sinton at any level.

Phil C
04-14-2005, 03:06 PM
Don't Forget Gregory-Portland is a very tough 4A school. I hope we don't have any injuries during that game.

pirate44
04-14-2005, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
Don't Forget Gregory-Portland is a very tough 4A school. I hope we don't have any injuries during that game.
no doubt Phil C. luckily we play them early in the season. Rockdale prob is right about the scheduling of Taft as the opening game. enough to get the kinks out to prepare for a tough GP team. at least i hope it ends up that way

pirate4state
04-14-2005, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by GOFOR2
I think Jose Ruiz is suppose to be Josh Ring.
I cannot remember ever hearing of some Jose Ruiz running in the backfield for Sinton at any level. LOL - I kept looking at the name wondering who the heck that kid was...big difference! Josh Ring / Jose Ruiz!! :D ROFLMAO!

Phil C
04-14-2005, 03:23 PM
Once again Sinton has the toughest regular season in the state!
I will discuss in the order of the schedule.

We play Taft who is always dangerous and has been a long time rival for us. Just forget past records when these two rivals play!

Gregory-Portland a powerful 4A foe. I just hope we don't have serious injuries in this game. Fortunately last year the teams played clean and there were no injuries. But a 4A powerhous! Whew!

Corpus Christi West Oso is next. Need I say more. A consistently good playoff team. Beware of the Howling Bear!

Beeville Jones another 4A power house and with Coach Sosa there increases the risk.

Cuero - Obviously the No. 1 Team in the State and Division I State runner ups plus their great running back will be back!

Orange Grove is another powerhouse that has good teams and consistently gets into the playoffs.

District Starts with Goliad who is always powerful and got into the playoffs last year. UIL didn't do us any favors putting them with us in our district.

Aransas Pass will be dangerous. They have a new dynamic coach that was there when they got very far in Division I playoffs and had powerful teams. Trouble coming.

Mathis is always tough. Throw away the records when these two teams play plus the game this year will be in Mathis - that increases the risk.

Ingleside will be the last game of the regular season and they really turned it around last year with a new dynamic young coach. They will be big trouble for us this year. They are probably the fastest growing school in the district.

Then playoffs if we are fortunate to make it. We will be the probably one of the smallest Division 1 playoff team in the state which makes it rough.

In spite of the tough schedule I think we will compete well and do well indeed. But man the schedule sure makes it hard though. Whew! :(

Phil C
04-14-2005, 04:03 PM
Also two of our returning football players were in our UIL one act play competition recently. The play was Trifles and had Ryan Ueckert our DT as Sheriff Peters and Joey Pastjoesky our OL as Mr. Hale. Also Randall Schmidt was in it as the County Attorney. The ladies were played by Chatty Cave one of our cheerleaders as Mrs. Peters and Rachael Berecka as Mrs. Hale. Rachael won State in Problem Solving and is going to the Nationals in Kentucky. The kids did a great job even though they didn't get to advance.