PDA

View Full Version : Hutto Hippos

DRAGOON
04-14-2005, 12:49 PM
How are those Hutto Hippos looking for next year...is there talent filtering from Austin that can make them a central Texas power?They are in a tough district though....Thoughts????

KTJ
04-14-2005, 02:50 PM
That town is the next Pflugerville.

They have a Home Depot, Sonic, McDonalds, and some other crazy restaurant.

They are going through growing pains.

ILS1
04-14-2005, 04:12 PM
Next year they should make some noise in the playoffs. They have a wealth of young and veteran talent coming back and for the next couple of years. Centex power? Not yet,next realignment they may move up to 4A!!! OUCH!!! Moving up two classifications in 5 years. Now there will be some growing pains!! But with the growth, there will be new talent moving in. Good luck Hippos!!

ILS1
04-14-2005, 04:15 PM
They have a Home Depot, Sonic, McDonalds, and some other crazy restaurant

Don't forget about Taco Hell and Subway?? Plus,a Vietnamese and 2 new Mexican restaurants. Except for the Sonic,all of these places just named have gone up in the past 6 months!! With more to come!!!

:)

kepdawg
04-14-2005, 04:18 PM
Do they have a somebody in a Hippo suit as the mascot?

ILS1
04-14-2005, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by kepdawg
Do they have a somebody in a Hippo suit as the mascot?

They sure do Kep!!! It's usually some cute girl. They have to try-out for the position. I remember when I went to school they had a guy do it for about 2 years!! Talk about embarrassing!!! LOL!!!

:p

LH Panther Mom
04-14-2005, 04:27 PM
We'll be here next season. :) Personally, I can't wait to see Henrietta. :eek:

kepdawg
04-14-2005, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by ILS1
They sure do Kep!!! It's usually some cute girl.

Cool!

Are there any pictures online that you know of?

ILS1
04-14-2005, 04:46 PM
No,they don't. I'll see if I can find one. But I do like their website though. I like the front page of the Hippo with his head popping out of the water. They have next years football schedule on there too,if your interested.

Hutto High School Website (www.hutto.txed.net/High%20School/hhs.htm)

DRAGOON
04-14-2005, 04:59 PM
So they have a chance to be pretty good the next few years huh? Is it a good program and school overall, and do the kids seem to act right and have good discipline? What about the other sports and their academics?....

FYI...the reason I'm asking all these questions is there is a chance the family may be relocating to the ATX area, and this is one of the many tools I’m using to research the area and Hutto in particular…

ILS1
04-14-2005, 05:51 PM
Yes,they do have a chance to be really good in football. The Baseball,Boys Basketball and Volleyball teams always seem to make the playoffs. Recently,the baseball team made it to the State Tournament in '98. The Volleyball team won State in '99 (2A)and were runners-up in '98. It is a very solid program overall. BTW,where will you and your family be moving from?

KTJ
04-14-2005, 06:32 PM
If you're looking for a small town to move to, I'd suggest Wimberley.

But that's just me personally.

LH Panther Mom
04-14-2005, 06:33 PM
Originally posted by KTJ
If you're looking for a small town to move to, I'd suggest Wimberley.

But that's just me personally.

:tongue: ;)

KTJ
04-14-2005, 06:38 PM
I would have said Liberty Hill.

But LH is practically Leander, which is practically Austin.

LH Panther Mom
04-14-2005, 06:39 PM
I know & getting closer all the time. :(

DRAGOON
04-15-2005, 12:23 AM
I do know that Liberty Hill and Wimberly are nice, but are a little far from Round Rock where the new possible employment is...I think Hutto might be a nice place to raise kids...but having good schools with a good football program would be nice as well....

Bobcat
04-15-2005, 08:32 AM
They will win big and create hype in their early schedule. Then they will play Libert Hill and start district and with loses the hype will prove to be just that. It will be a carbon copy of their season this year.

DRAGOON
04-15-2005, 10:17 AM
Originally posted by Bobcat
They will win big and create hype in their early schedule. Then they will play Libert Hill and start district and with loses the hype will prove to be just that. It will be a carbon copy of their season this year.

...so what football powerhouse do you hail from...maybe that would be a good place for my boys to grow up.....

KTJ
04-15-2005, 12:32 PM
Then why not just go with Round Rock schools? They are respectable in the area. (I'd say RRISD ranks in the top 4 in the area, with, of course, Westlake [Eanes ISD] as #1).

Or possibly Georgetown?

LHMom
04-16-2005, 11:18 PM
Originally posted by DRAGOON
I do know that Liberty Hill and Wimberly are nice, but are a little far from Round Rock where the new possible employment is...I think Hutto might be a nice place to raise kids...but having good schools with a good football program would be nice as well....

I've driven from LH to Round Rock for work for over 10 years now. It's not a bad drive at all. 28 miles but all highway/freeway.