PDA

View Full Version : Do I need to lock down every college thread on here?

Ranger Mom
04-14-2005, 12:02 PM
I have received the last complaint I'm gonna get.

This is childish behavior and if it doens't come to a screeching halt I will delete every thread having to do with either college as soon as I see it.

If you wanna bash each other's school, go right ahead, but it isn't gonna happen on THIS open forum.

I could kinda expect this behavior from the Cuero kids this past season..heck they WERE in high school.

What is you college guys excuse??

Grow up.....this arguing back in forth is pointless, you aren't gonna pull either side away from their beliefs, so why even try!!

ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

Okay, I feel better now!!:mad:

Manck
04-14-2005, 12:37 PM
I haven't read the threads, but it sounds like I should be glad that I don't go to school that has anything worth arguing about.

Ranger Mom
04-14-2005, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by Manck
I haven't read the threads, but it sounds like I should be glad that I don't go to school that has anything worth arguing about.

I hadn't read them either until I was basically forced to!!

But....i went and had lunch, told my boss to quit bugging me and took a vacation day tomorrow.

I am feeling 100% better now!!;)

HighSchool Fan
04-14-2005, 01:01 PM
lock them all down.

CHS_CG
04-14-2005, 01:02 PM
I am glad u feel better.. and you know you do have the power to just get rid of all the people that are causing you to deal with downlow drama! Do like you normally would.. warn them.. then ROM them.. problem solved! lol :D

lepfan
04-14-2005, 01:07 PM
I doing much better since I am honoring my pledge. :)

CHS_CG
04-14-2005, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by lepfan
I doing much better since I am honoring my pledge. :)

I guess 3rd time is a charm?? :p :D

Bandera YaYa
04-14-2005, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom

This is childish behavior and if it doens't come to a screeching halt I will delete every thread having to do with either college as soon as I see it.

If you wanna bash each other's school, go right ahead, but it isn't gonna happen on THIS open forum.

I could kinda expect this behavior from the Cuero kids this past season..heck they WERE in high school.

Grow up.....this arguing back in forth is pointless, you aren't gonna pull either side away from their beliefs, so why even try!!

ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

Okay, I feel better now!!:mad: ....had no idea someone would go crying to you....geezzz.... :rolleyes: :D

Isn't there a way to block harrassing pm's to you??? Would you let me know how I can do that...thanks!

I'm taking tomm off too, so have a great long weekend.....
:cool: :cool:

pirate44
04-14-2005, 01:17 PM
please do Mom.

Phil C
04-14-2005, 01:19 PM
I agree. We need to stick to important news about the schools. Besides there are more important things to talk about such as when Dawn at Socorro is on, why everyone is glad I keep them informed about Dawn at Socorro, and why they should love me and .....................

Bandera YaYa
04-14-2005, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
I agree. We need to stick to important news about the schools. Besides there are more important things to talk about such as when Dawn at Socorro is on, why everyone is glad I keep them informed about Dawn at Socorro, and why they should love me and ..................... RM !!! Can I add another one to delete??????? :D

pirate44
04-14-2005, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
I agree. We need to stick to important news about the schools. Besides there are more important things to talk about such as when Dawn at Socorro is on, why everyone is glad I keep them informed about Dawn at Socorro, and why they should love me and .....................
LOL. leave it to the GodFather to keep the humor about us

Ranger Mom
04-14-2005, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by Bandera YaYa
....had no idea someone would go crying to you....geezzz.... :rolleyes: :D

Isn't there a way to block harrassing pm's to you??? Would you let me know how I can do that...thanks!

I don't know if you can block PM's or not......I know you can ignore someone but don't know if that carries over to the PM's or not.

Nobody came "crying" to me really, its just that i have had several complaints about the tone some of threads have taken.

The good natured back and forth ribbing is okay, but it always seems to get personal and ugly.

Just reading these threads is making me a bigger Texas Tech fan every day!!

Bandera YaYa
04-14-2005, 01:33 PM
I don't know if you can block PM's or not......I know you can ignore someone but don't know if that carries over to the PM's or not.

Nobody came "crying" to me really, its just that i have had several complaints about the tone some of threads have taken.

The good natured back and forth ribbing is okay, but it always seems to get personal and ugly.

Just reading these threads is making me a bigger Texas Tech fan every day!! Really!!!! I think I'm gonna be a UTSA Roadrunner fan......it's close and don't think they have ANY traditions...lol!! Have a wonderful three day!!! Peace!!

pirate4state
04-14-2005, 01:33 PM

ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

Okay, I feel better now!!:mad: You tell them girl! :clap: I vote - YES, SHUT 'EM DOWN!! :thumbsup:

HornetMom
04-14-2005, 01:39 PM
RM, got to agree with you. This has really gotten out of hand. I have been reading these threads, and why I don't know cause it ticks me off everytime, but enough is enough.

No one is ever going to concede to the other. There are alot of people that live in the College Station area, that never went to A&M (myself included), that are just as proud of this school as any Aggie. There are also alot of Univ. of Tx, Tx.Tech, & Oklahoma ( to mention a few) fans in this area that are just as proud of their school. I for one have the upmost respect for all these schools, but I am an Aggie fan, first and foremost, and very proud of it. I will, and did, back the other teams once the Ags are out of competetion, but until that that time...Gig'em Ags. Unfortunately, some just have to get their digs in and that only fuels the fire. And some of the comments I read today should offend more people that just the Aggies.

So my point is that whether you live in this area, Austin, West Tx or anywhere else in the World, everyone has their favorite. I have tried to keep my mouth shut, but like I said earlier, enough is enough.

I would hate to see a very upstanding, caring, fair and likable moderator give it all up because of the bashing that has been going on.

Now that I have said my peace, I will, once again, fade into the background

Adidas410s
04-14-2005, 01:54 PM
hey wildstangs...HSU 4 LIFE!!!! P-A-R-T-Y!!! :D

Ranger Mom
04-14-2005, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by HornetMom

I would hate to see a very upstanding, caring, fair and likable moderator give it all up because of the bashing that has been going on.

Now that I have said my peace, I will, once again, fade into the background

I deleted that thread that I made. I'm afraid it was taken differently than I intended it to be.

The point I was trying to make was I didn't want to deal with the childish antics on the board as I was dealing with the childish antics of my OWN children.

It was meant to be a "jab" at those who were acting like CHILDREN!

I never meant I was gonna "throw in the towel"...heck, yall know me better than that.....I don't give up THAT easily!

pirate44
04-14-2005, 02:00 PM
I deleted that thread that I made. I'm afraid it was taken differently than I intended it to be.

The point I was trying to make was I didn't want to deal with the childish antics on the board as I was dealing with the childish antics of my OWN children.

I never meant I was gonna "throw in the towel"...heck, yall know me better than that.....I don't give up THAT easily!
thank goodness. we have the coolest mods in the message board business.:clap:

Bullaholic
04-14-2005, 02:08 PM

Just tell em' all giving you a hard time----"Gig em', Horns", RM, and they will leave you alone.

Ranger Mom
04-14-2005, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
Just tell em' all giving you a hard time----"Gig em', Horns", RM, and they will leave you alone.

LOL!! I'm gonna have to remember that.

I was talking to the "big boss" earlier and he was telling me about his granddaughters.

One has been at Texas for 2 years, the one who is graduating next month is going to OU and his son's oldest daughters is going to A&M this fall.

He said his loyalties are so split and doesn't know what he's going to do.....oh yeah....he is a Texas Tech alumni!! :p

KTJ
04-14-2005, 02:56 PM
I didn't mean to upset RM.

I just wanted an answer for the question I presented and I all I got was lip.

:D

Speaking of lip, I'm hungry.

LH Panther Mom
04-14-2005, 03:42 PM
Just reading these threads is making me a bigger Texas Tech fan every day!!

:kiss: :kiss:

lepfan
04-14-2005, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
"Gig em', Horns"

:D love it :D

Holmes_Fans
04-14-2005, 04:02 PM
People who complain are stupid.

TheDOCTORdre
04-14-2005, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by Holmes_Fans
so I take it you used this http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=27917&highlight=piss to find out who was stupid?

CHS_CG
04-14-2005, 04:06 PM

Like you dont complain.. i seem to remember somebody gettin kinda moody when another association thread was started..

Back to what matters... Dont let them get to you RM.. just put your foot down!

Holmes_Fans
04-14-2005, 04:21 PM
Did I ever say I don't complain?

pirate4state
04-14-2005, 05:01 PM
Did I ever say I don't complain? guess not. stupid! :D :p

j_dog
04-14-2005, 09:08 PM
......But....i went and had lunch, told my boss to quit bugging me and took a vacation day tomorrow.

I am feeling 100% better now!!;)
Now, a good nap would make you feel even better! :D

District303aPastPlayer
04-14-2005, 11:18 PM
Originally posted by Bandera YaYa
Really!!!! I think I'm gonna be a UTSA Roadrunner fan......it's close and don't think they have ANY traditions...lol!! Have a wonderful three day!!! Peace!!

football in 2010 from what i have heard