PDA

View Full Version : What was/is your favorite college class?

spiveyrat
04-14-2005, 09:32 AM
Mine was: PSY 334 Human Sexuality. :D

lepfan
04-14-2005, 09:46 AM
I loved my Criminal Justice class....

onfirebball05mustang
04-14-2005, 09:51 AM
My American Sign Language Class was FUN!!! Our teacher was deaf and the rest of us had a ball...i wish i could've taken another class with that bunch....good times :cool:

TexasHSFootball
04-14-2005, 10:01 AM
favorite college class...
hmm! had to be World Geography. teacher was entertaining plus, we had a food day every Friday! :D

pirate44
04-14-2005, 10:40 AM
Physics

TheDOCTORdre
04-14-2005, 10:41 AM
KIN 119 Ballroom and Country Western Dancing

Phil C
04-14-2005, 10:43 AM
Mine was Differential Equations class in Math. I liked it so much that I dropped it once so I could take it again, then I flagged it so I would have to take it again, and finally passed it with just a C because it was hard to let it go and not take it again. :D

pirate44
04-14-2005, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by Phil C
Mine was Differential Equations class in Math. I liked it so much that I dropped it once so I could take it again, then I flagged it so I would have to take it again, and finally passed it with just a C because it was hard to let it go and not take it again. :D
that was the hardest class i ever took. but now come to think of it, i want to change my answer. i choose Basketball or Bowling as my favorite college course

pirate44
04-14-2005, 10:47 AM
by the way Phil C, do you remember your professor for Diff. EQ?

Phil C
04-14-2005, 10:53 AM
I will have to look up my old annual. I can still see him but I can't remember his name. He was the department head. The professor I finally passed it under was Mr. Sahtoot (spelling?). Mr. Sahtoot also later in the 70s coached the first Javalina softball team.

Phil C
04-14-2005, 10:54 AM
Hey Pirate he was probably retired when you got there but I really enjoyed my Physics classes there when Mr. Dunn was teaching.

pirate44
04-14-2005, 10:55 AM
I will have to look up my old annual. I can still see him but I can't remember his name. He was the department head. The professor I finally passed it under was Mr. Sahtoot (spelling?). Mr. Sahtoot also later in the 70s coached the first Javalina softball team.
i cant remember my profs name, but he was so funny without nkowing it. he made the class as sinple as can be with the homework. if you just turned it in, youd get a good grade. he would write on the chalkboard and lean up to it and without knowing get chalk dust all over him. he was hilareous

District303aPastPlayer
04-14-2005, 11:15 AM
Piano :)

pirate44
04-14-2005, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
Piano :)
did you actually learn in the college course, or did you already know. i would ahve loved to take a class. now i just play by ear.

District303aPastPlayer
04-14-2005, 11:19 AM
i actually learned... i can play some by ear though....

pirate44
04-14-2005, 11:20 AM
i actually learned... i can play some by ear though....
i have a piano, guitar, violin at home and dont know how to play any of them except a little by ear. maybe i should enroll back into college.

District303aPastPlayer
04-14-2005, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by pirate44
i have a piano, guitar, violin at home and dont know how to play any of them except a little by ear. maybe i should enroll back into college.

12 string guitar? aka the bajo sexto... if you have one of those... i can play that... lol... and the violin, i have a friend who plays...

pirate44
04-14-2005, 11:26 AM
12 string guitar? aka the bajo sexto... if you have one of those... i can play that... lol... and the violin, i have a friend who plays...
6 string guitar. the violin i got in the 4th grade. it seemed so easy to play. and i had an uncle who was a professional so i thought, what the heck. then my aunt divorced him and i said bye bye to free lessons.

District303aPastPlayer
04-14-2005, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by pirate44
6 string guitar. the violin i got in the 4th grade. it seemed so easy to play. and i had an uncle who was a professional so i thought, what the heck. then my aunt divorced him and i said bye bye to free lessons.

that bites...

Bulldog_12
04-14-2005, 12:01 PM
Right now its anthropology. I love the prof and the stuff he teaches isnt that boring.

lepfan
04-14-2005, 12:14 PM
I am about to venture into 9 hours of Grant Writing classes...I will tell you later how much I liked them...I don't think they will be as good as some :)

AggieJohn
04-14-2005, 12:37 PM
i took sports officiating one time at ju.co. it consisted of me going to basketball games as the "lab" hours

NSUTrumpet08
04-14-2005, 12:56 PM
Well right now i don't have a favorite class...they're all ok but nothing really stands out...i think i'll have fun with Biology 3500 and 3501 Forensic Death Investigation and Forensic Investigation Lab.

olddawggreen
04-14-2005, 05:29 PM
My all time favorite class at SWT was Doc Agustine's Yucatan Geography class. We met for a number of night classes before spring break, then spent 9 days and nights traveling across the Yucatan touring the Mayan ruins, learning about the local culture and just having a great time. We spent the last 3 days on the island of Isla Majerdas, just across from Cancun. When we got back to SWT we turned in our journals for our grade and had made a lot of very close friends in the class. It was great and we got 3 hours credit for the class. Doc and I became very good friends and I went on the trip with him the next two years just for fun. :) :) :D :D

ASUFrisbeeStud
04-14-2005, 06:34 PM
Pathogenic Microbiology for sure, but that could just be cause I'm a microbiologist.

NSUTrumpet08
04-14-2005, 09:49 PM
Originally posted by ASUFrisbeeStud
Pathogenic Microbiology for sure, but that could just be cause I'm a microbiologist.

I'll be taking immunology and serology in a year or so...

kepdawg
04-14-2005, 10:05 PM
Coaching Basketball is definitely my favorite so far.

My tennis instructor, um I mean, tennis class was very good also.

ASUFrisbeeStud
04-14-2005, 10:39 PM
Originally posted by NSUTrumpet08
I'll be taking immunology and serology in a year or so...
I'm taking immunology in the spring, I've heard that it is pretty difficult, here at ASU anyways.

PJ Frye
04-14-2005, 10:43 PM
i loved physics. i had an Indian teacher who couldn't pronounce fee-sicks but it was cool. an eye opener...

spiveyrat
04-15-2005, 07:42 AM
Originally posted by olddawggreen
My all time favorite class at SWT was Doc Agustine's Yucatan Geography class. We met for a number of night classes before spring break, then spent 9 days and nights traveling across the Yucatan touring the Mayan ruins, learning about the local culture and just having a great time. We spent the last 3 days on the island of Isla Majerdas, just across from Cancun. When we got back to SWT we turned in our journals for our grade and had made a lot of very close friends in the class. It was great and we got 3 hours credit for the class. Doc and I became very good friends and I went on the trip with him the next two years just for fun. :) :) :D :D

That's AWESOME!

SPF25
04-15-2005, 12:30 PM
i liked my yoga class i took it 2 semesters it was fun and the people in the class were great. The teacher was really laid back she said if you dont feel good just come to class and watch. When i had just found out i was prego with my son she was like my mother at school always asking how i was feeling and showing me alternatives to what everyone else was doing.:D