PDA

View Full Version : A Question for Texas A&M

KTJ
04-13-2005, 08:54 PM
(I know this is a high school message board but it's slow and it's the offseason of pretty much every sport.)

Is there a reason you guys call yourselves the Texas Aggies?

I can't think of a justifiable reason why you would. I mean, Oklahoma State doesn't call themselves the Oklahoma Cowboys....and Tech doesn't call themselves the Texas Red Raiders...nor the Ohio Buckeyes or the Kansas Wildcats for KSU.

Is there something I'm missing? No one else calls you that.

:confused:

Astrosdawg07
04-13-2005, 08:55 PM
Dude, we are talking about A&M what more needs to be said...?

AggieJohn
04-13-2005, 09:53 PM
Originally posted by KTJ
(I know this is a high school message board but it's slow and it's the offseason of pretty much every sport.)

I can't think of a justifiable reason why you would. I mean, Oklahoma State doesn't call themselves the Oklahoma Cowboys....and Tech doesn't call themselves the Texas Red Raiders...nor the Ohio Buckeyes or the Kansas Wildcats for KSU.

why do you call yourself THE university of texas, because your obviously not

jason
04-13-2005, 10:00 PM
Originally posted by AggieJohn
why do you call yourself THE university of texas, because your obviously not they're THE University of Texas at Austin, just like THE University of Texas at Dallas, etc....
you wouldnt go around saying 'i go to university of texas' you would say 'i go to the university of texas'...its grammatically correct...and they do things right at UT

Astrosdawg07
04-13-2005, 10:03 PM
Originally posted by jason
they're THE University of Texas at Austin, just like THE University of Texas at Dallas, etc....
you wouldnt go around saying 'i go to university of texas' you would say 'i go to the university of texas'...its grammatically correct...and they do things right at UT

Get 'em Jason:clap:

AggieJohn
04-13-2005, 10:05 PM
Originally posted by KTJ

well i wouldn't think that kansas would call themselves the wildcats since they are the jay hawks

Tech calls them selves the texas tech red raiders

and OSU calls themselves the Oklahoma State Cowboys

We call ourselves the Texas Aggies just like Miami calls themselves the miami hurricanes.....

this is such a pointless thread

jason
04-13-2005, 10:09 PM

We call ourselves the Texas Aggies just like Miami calls themselves the miami hurricanes.....

this is such a pointless thread but texas tech and oklahoma state is the full name of the school....so thats what they use...

its like a&m is ashamed to have the a&m part, so they just use Texas Aggies

and miami doesnt have anything after it, its just the University of Miami....so that example doesnt work for you either....

AggieJohn
04-13-2005, 10:16 PM
the miami hurricanes....ever heard that used.....

ashamed of A&M, that's bad bull jason, but then again you wouldn't understand that...we use A&M in all of our yells, we formally refer too our school at the The Texas Agricultural and Mechanical University....we don't have a mascot, we are aggies....these aren't things your going to understand jason, i don't expect you too

Gobbla2001
04-13-2005, 10:20 PM

ashamed of A&M, that's bad bull jason, but then again you wouldn't understand that...we use A&M in all of our yells, we formally refer too our school at the The Texas Agricultural and Mechanical University....we don't have a mascot, we are aggies....these aren't things your going to understand jason, i don't expect you too

I think that A&M is a good university...

But when it comes to this subject, it makes me sick...

If y'all are so proud of the name 'A&M' there, why say suggest y'all are the real UT?

That attitude has never seemed very prideful to me...

slpybear the bullfan
04-13-2005, 10:23 PM
I don't think it is that strange KTJ... I found all but one state has universities that take the "honor" of entitling themselves with their state in their mascots name...

From the Home Office in Bridgeport TX... 49 States that have a State University Mascot.... (Unless otherwise stated, it is the University of ALABAMA, etc.) Each was verified online... (hey, I was bored).

ALABAMA Crimson Tide
ALASKA Seawolves (U. Alaska Anchorage)
ARIZONA Wildcats
ARKANSAS Razorbacks
CALIFORNIA Golden Bears (U Cal Berkley)
COLORADO Buffalos
CONNECTICUT Huskies
DELAWARE Blue Hens
FLORIDA Gators
GEORGIA Bulldogs
HAWAII Rainbow Warriors
IDAHO Vandals
ILLINOIS Fightin Illini
INDIANA Hoosiers
IOWA Hawkeyes
KANSAS Jayhawks
KENTUCKY Wildcats
LOUISIANNA's Rajun Cajuns (U. Louisianna LaFayette)
MAINE Black Bears
MARYLAND Terripins
MASSACHUSETTS Minutemen
MICHIGAN Wolverines
MINNESOTA Golden Gophers
MISSISSIPPI Rebels
MISSOURI Tigers
MONTANA Grizzlies
NEBRASKA Corn Huskers
NEVADA Wolf Pack (U. Nevada-Reno)
NEW HAMPSHIRE Wildcats
NEW JERSEY Lions (The College of New Jersey)
NEW MEXICO Lobos
NORTH CAROLINA Tar Heels
NORTH DAKOTA Fightin Sioux
OHIO Bobcats
OKLAHOMA Sooners
OREGON Ducks
PENNSYLVANIA Quakers
RHODE ISLAND Rams
SOUTH CAROLINA Game Cocks
SOUTH DAKOTA Coyotes
TENNESEE Volunteers
TEXAS Longhorns, Aggies, Rangers, Houston TEXANS, who else?
UTAH Fightin Utes
VERMONT Catamounts
VIRGINIA Cavaliers
WASHINGTON Huskies
WEST VIRGINIA Mountaineers
WISCONSIN Badgers
WYOMING Cowboys

And in the close but no cigar category...

The New York University Violets(?!)

I could not find any schools in New York that call themselves the "NEW YORK _______"

That was fun... time for bed...

slpybear

PS - What the Heck is a CATAMOUNT? The picture was of some kind of tiger?

Astrosdawg07
04-13-2005, 10:33 PM
we don't have a mascot, we are aggies....

Then what the hell is that damn dog? Aint that a mascot?

Gobbla2001
04-13-2005, 10:35 PM
Originally posted by Astrosdawg07
Then what the hell is that damn dog? Aint that a mascot?

No, it's just the 'help'.....

you know, like in 'Lassie', they always send the dog for help? But the dog has given up, not much it can do...

AggieJohn
04-13-2005, 10:37 PM
Reveille is the first lady of Aggieland. She is the highest ranking member of the Corps of Cadets, and she is a Five-Star General.

Reveille I came to Texas A&M in January 1931. A group of cadets hit a small black and white dog on their way back from Navasota. They picked up the dog and brought her back to school so they could care for her. The next morning, when "Reveille" was blown by a bugler, she started barking. She was named after this morning wakeup call. The following football season she was named the official mascot when she led the band onto the field during their half-time performance. When Reveille I died on January 18, 1944, she was given a formal military funeral on the gridiron of Kyle Field. She was then buried at the north entrance to the field, as all Reveilles are, facing the scoreboard so that she can always watch the Aggies outscore their opponent.

Before naming Reveille II, there were several other unofficial mascots, such as Tripod, Spot, and Ranger. It was not until a later Reveille that she was a full-blood Collie. The most current Reveille is Reveille VII who was inducted during Parents Weekend in April 2001.

Reveille is the most revered dog on campus. Company E-2 has the privilege of taking care of Reveille. If she is sleeping on a cadet's bed, that cadet must sleep on the floor. Cadets address Reveille as "Miss Rev, ma'am." If she is in class and barks while the professor is teaching, the class is to be immediately dismissed.

Reveille is a highly cherished mascot and receives only the best.

AggieJohn
04-13-2005, 10:37 PM
yes she is a official mascot, but not like a stupid guy in a longhorn outfit, you won't see that at kykle

rockdale80
04-13-2005, 10:38 PM
Reveille is the first lady of Aggieland. She is the highest ranking member of the Corps of Cadets, and she is a Five-Star General.

Reveille I came to Texas A&M in January 1931. A group of cadets hit a small black and white dog on their way back from Navasota. They picked up the dog and brought her back to school so they could care for her. The next morning, when "Reveille" was blown by a bugler, she started barking. She was named after this morning wakeup call. The following football season she was named the official mascot when she led the band onto the field during their half-time performance. When Reveille I died on January 18, 1944, she was given a formal military funeral on the gridiron of Kyle Field. She was then buried at the north entrance to the field, as all Reveilles are, facing the scoreboard so that she can always watch the Aggies outscore their opponent.

Before naming Reveille II, there were several other unofficial mascots, such as Tripod, Spot, and Ranger. It was not until a later Reveille that she was a full-blood Collie. The most current Reveille is Reveille VII who was inducted during Parents Weekend in April 2001.

Reveille is the most revered dog on campus. Company E-2 has the privilege of taking care of Reveille. If she is sleeping on a cadet's bed, that cadet must sleep on the floor. Cadets address Reveille as "Miss Rev, ma'am." If she is in class and barks while the professor is teaching, the class is to be immediately dismissed.

Reveille is a highly cherished mascot and receives only the best.

and i bet you give her the BEST you can........

from behind

Gobbla2001
04-13-2005, 10:39 PM
yes she is a official mascot, but not like a stupid guy in a longhorn outfit, you won't see that at kykle

No, instead you'll see a group of 'wanna be soldiers' led by their 5-star general which happens to be a DOG?

there is only one other thing to follow my post:

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AggieJohn
04-13-2005, 10:40 PM
well you'd have to ask the corps about that, non-regs don't get to see her often.....

lepfan
04-13-2005, 10:41 PM
when "Reveille" was blown by a bugler, she started barking.

What the.......????????:eek: :confused: :hand:

Bandera YaYa
04-13-2005, 10:43 PM
Originally posted by lepfan
What the.......????????:eek: :confused: :hand: hahahahaha....really...ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww :eek: :p

JHS_c/o_06'
04-13-2005, 10:43 PM

And Micky Mouse is a fleet admiral at disney land.

AggieJohn
04-13-2005, 10:44 PM
and like 5 of jaspers players play at our school...want to call them fools

rockdale80
04-13-2005, 10:45 PM
Just for you AJ

http://www.kotex.com/na/images/products/sctysprpls.gif

put it in your mouth, and pull the cord...

Gobbla2001
04-13-2005, 10:46 PM

But they're not on here talking about their school's General, which is a dog...

sounds like a cult...

JHS_c/o_06'
04-13-2005, 10:47 PM

I really dont care to be honest...i support them because they were once part of our program...but that doesnt mean i dont find it hilarious that a dog is really a 5 star general and first lady at that amusement park yall got going down there.

Gobbla2001
04-13-2005, 10:49 PM
haha

lepfan
04-13-2005, 10:50 PM
Originally posted by rockdale80
Just for you AJ

http://www.kotex.com/na/images/products/sctysprpls.gif

put it in your mouth, and pull the cord...

:clap:

lepfan
04-13-2005, 10:53 PM

You just don't get it do you??? You really are that......

Please use duct tape to fuse your fingers together so you can not post any more of this crap....you are giving Aggies a BAD name....and I know some nice ones!!!!! Too bad you can't be one of them.

AggieJohn
04-13-2005, 10:58 PM
Originally posted by JHS_c/o_06'
I really dont care to be honest...i support them because they were once part of our program...but that doesnt mean i dont find it hilarious that a dog is really a 5 star general and first lady at that amusement park yall got going down there.

u just dont get it....wow.....i'd like you to come down one football weekend, one baseball weekend, one basketball weekend and experience what it is too be a texas aggie, then get up and go to the engineering department and try to take those classes, or go to the architechture school and take those classes, heck i'd like to see you last one minute in mays business school......

"from the outside looking in you can't understand it, from the inside looking out you can't explain it"

Gobbla2001
04-13-2005, 10:59 PM
u just dont get it....wow.....i'd like you to come down one football weekend, one baseball weekend, one basketball weekend and experience what it is too be a texas aggie, then get up and go to the engineering department and try to take those classes, or go to the architechture school and take those classes, heck i'd like to see you last one minute in mays business school......

"from the outside looking in you can't understand it, from the inside looking out you can't explain it"

I understand the tradition, a great one...

I understand the school, a great one...

I just can't understand the TU stuff, a jealous one...

JHS_c/o_06'
04-13-2005, 11:00 PM

I think that nut from waco who burned to death said pretty much the same thing.

...at least i think it was waco...you know...the guy who said he was jesus.

AggieJohn
04-13-2005, 11:00 PM
not jealousy, just a rivalry

KTJ
04-13-2005, 11:04 PM
The question has yet to be answered.

Bulldog_12
04-13-2005, 11:05 PM
Okm I gotta step in and defend AJ here. You're jumping on him and all he did was defend why we call ourselves Texas Aggies. c/o '06 and astrosdawg can stay out until you actually are associated with a university. I know for a fact that you guys have a few years to go before you can really take a part in a rivalry. But back to the topic at hand. We call our selves Texas Aggies because that is what we are. Our full name is Texas Agricultural and Mechanical University. Thus, Texas Aggies is born. It IS part of our full name just like the university of texas and etc. So what Im getting at is that this is a pointless topic that should end here with my point.

AggieJohn
04-13-2005, 11:06 PM
thanks bulldog, i concur

i quit

jason
04-13-2005, 11:06 PM
not jealousy, just a rivalry it is only a rivalry in the eyes of a&m...THE unversity of texas' only rival is OU ...

Bulldog_12
04-13-2005, 11:07 PM
Phew, I feel better. You guys got me all wound up. ha ha And we are breathing

JHS_c/o_06'
04-13-2005, 11:08 PM
Originally posted by Bulldog_12
Okm I gotta step in and defend AJ here. You're jumping on him and all he did was defend why we call ourselves Texas Aggies. c/o '06 and astrosdawg can stay out until you actually are associated with a university.

1. He started the thread asking why we are called THE university of texas

2. I dont have to stay out of anything.....before you went to college or were even accepted...it was ok for you to take park in the rivalry.

Bandera YaYa
04-13-2005, 11:08 PM

"from the outside looking in you can't understand it, from the inside looking out you can't explain it" blah blah blah.....YOU don't get it...every student is proud of their school.....A&M is not better, in fact, you are making it look worse.... You say you are proud, then act like it...because you are coming off as pathetic..... I mean, the joke's truly on you..... :doh:

KTJ
04-13-2005, 11:09 PM
Originally posted by Bulldog_12
Okm I gotta step in and defend AJ here. You're jumping on him and all he did was defend why we call ourselves Texas Aggies. c/o '06 and astrosdawg can stay out until you actually are associated with a university. I know for a fact that you guys have a few years to go before you can really take a part in a rivalry. But back to the topic at hand. We call our selves Texas Aggies because that is what we are. Our full name is Texas Agricultural and Mechanical University. Thus, Texas Aggies is born. It IS part of our full name just like the university of texas and etc. So what Im getting at is that this is a pointless topic that should end here with my point.

I don't think it's a pointless topic. I think I asked a legit question but instead got a childish answer up until the one above. While I still don't think that's a justifiable answer, I'll go with it...because you gave me one without any lip. (and any lip means I kick your butt. :D )

rockdale80
04-14-2005, 02:17 AM
not jealousy, just a rivalry

there has to be competition before it is a rivalry

LH Panther Mom
04-14-2005, 06:23 AM
then get up and go to the engineering department and try to take those classes, or go to the architechture school and take those classes

You should try that as well.

LH Panther Mom
04-14-2005, 06:23 AM

:clap: :clap:

spiveyrat
04-14-2005, 07:28 AM
Originally posted by Bandera YaYa
blah blah blah.....YOU don't get it...every student is proud of their school.....A&M is not better, in fact, you are making it look worse.... You say you are proud, then act like it...because you are coming off as pathetic..... I mean, the joke's truly on you..... :doh:

I don't have a dog in this hunt. But from my perspective the UT fans in this thread are coming off looking no less riduculous than the A&M fans. :rolleyes:

spiveyrat
04-14-2005, 07:32 AM
Originally posted by KTJ
...nor the Ohio Buckeyes or the Kansas Wildcats for KSU.

well i wouldn't think that kansas would call themselves the wildcats since they are the jay hawks

Kansas State University are the Wildcats
The University of Kansas are the Jayhawks

AggieJohn
04-14-2005, 07:33 AM
Originally posted by spiveyrat
Kansas State University ARE the Wildcats
exactly....

KTJ
04-14-2005, 07:48 AM
Kansas State University are the Wildcats

Ok, I'm up for a little history lesson before I head to class.

The reason I posted K-State and Ohio State is because those are the State University of those states. Kansas State used to be the Aggies before they changed to Wilcats--as did every ______ State University. (In Manhattan, they even have a good history section about this on their campus and their little "party district" is called Aggieville...with all the bars and such.)

So how does this fit into the original argument for those who aren't getting my point? Well, it is well known that Oklahoma State used to be Oklahoma A&M and Kansas State used to be Kansas A&M....as well as New Mexico State, Utah State, and so on and so forth. So, those universities don't drop the latter part of their official name and call themselves the Kansas Wildcats or the Oklahoma Cowboys....they leave that State name in there because that is who they are. Florida A&M doesn't drop the "A&M" part and just go by Florida Rattlers. No, they keep the A&M name and go by the Florida A&M Rattlers. Texas Tech is the technical college of the southwest but they never just drop the "Tech" in their name. In fact they are proud of it...just like other Agricultural and Mechanical schools (K-State, NM State, Okie State) are proud of their names.

So yes, I know it's the Kansas Jayhawks and the Oklahoma Sooners. But the once "A&M" schools in that state don't drop their "A&M", or now State University, name and just call themselves the Kansas Wildcats or Oklahoma Cowboys.

Get it?????

Now back to cramming for my Russian Geography test.

LH Panther Mom
04-14-2005, 07:51 AM
Originally posted by KTJ
Now back to cramming for my Russian Geography test.

Ewwwww....that's one class I'm glad my son doesn't have to take. It doesn't sound fun at all. Good luck!

spiveyrat
04-14-2005, 08:04 AM
I got it all along... I just wasn't sure you or AJ did. But apparently, we all knew what we were talking about. :D

Russian Geography? Ummm why?

KTJ
04-14-2005, 08:08 AM
I got it all along... I just wasn't sure you or AJ did. But apparently, we all knew what we were talking about. :D

Russian Geography? Ummm why?

If I didn't get it, then why would I have originally posted it? :confused: :D

Russian Geography---well lets see....I needed another elective and this fit the time frame. I can honestly say, I'd never take this class for fun. :D

Never!

big daddy russ
04-14-2005, 08:12 AM
So what is UT to Oklahoma?

UT must be in limbo right now.

LH Panther Mom
04-14-2005, 08:15 AM
Originally posted by big daddy russ

Touche. :clap: ;)

And yes, I admit....I am a fan of the red-headed stepchild of the state. :(

bmbf_06
04-14-2005, 08:19 AM

ashamed of A&M, that's bad bull jason, but then again you wouldn't understand that...we use A&M in all of our yells, we formally refer too our school as the The Texas Agricultural and Mechanical University....we don't have a mascot, we are aggies....these aren't things your going to understand jason, i don't expect you too

well said aggiejohn.....people just dont get the traditions that A&M has-- i have been an aggie fan since i was old enough to kno about college, and i plan to go there when i graduate--personally, after being at the school and at the games, i wouldnt go anywhere else!!! A&M is known as the "Texas Aggies" because they aren't and have never been like any other school......the name is traditional

AggieJohn
04-14-2005, 08:21 AM
only thing about OU that makes me mad is that out of 130 kids like 20 of them are actual oklahoma boys about 70 of them are texas kids and the rest national

big daddy russ
04-14-2005, 08:35 AM
only thing about OU that makes me mad is that out of 130 kids like 20 of them are actual oklahoma boys about 70 of them are texas kids and the rest national
I've always said Stoops was a genius.

lepfan
04-14-2005, 08:39 AM

I'm breaking my pledge for a this...

OK = 35
TX = 57
LA = 2
MO = 2
CA = 5
FL = 4
AL = 1
AR = 2
OH = 1
NC = 1
GA = 1
NV = 1
IL = 2

Sorry AJ, Texas is a big state...Some of the kids choose to go outside of the state...they go to more than just OK....no reason to get mad, it has happened for years and will continue to happen...get over it...(besides those Texas boys going to OK would have probably chosen UT anyway)send me your address so I can send that cheese to ya.

AggieJohn
04-14-2005, 08:43 AM
Originally posted by lepfan
I'm breaking my pledge for a this...

OK = 35
TX = 57
LA = 2
MO = 2
CA = 5
FL = 4
AL = 1
AR = 2
OH = 1
NC = 1
GA = 1
NV = 1
IL = 2

Sorry AJ, Texas is a big state...Some of the kids choose to go outside of the state...they go to more than just OK....no reason to get mad, it has happened for years and will continue to happen...get over it...(besides those Texas boys going to OK would have probably chosen UT anyway)send me your address so I can send that cheese to ya.

so my numbers off my head were about right, thanks for the numbers

lepfan
04-14-2005, 08:46 AM
so my numbers off my head were about right, thanks for the numbers

Pretty close...but those were last years -- we may get more Texas boys this year ;)

AggieJohn
04-14-2005, 08:48 AM
and come the RRS there needs to be a texas mandate that they lose the abilility to ever call texas home again

spiveyrat
04-14-2005, 09:01 AM
Originally posted by KTJ

Russian Geography---well lets see....I needed another elective and this fit the time frame. I can honestly say, I'd never take this class for fun. :D

Never!

For one of my electives, I took History of Rock, Jazz, and Popular Music. :D We had to go to about 3 concerts and write reviews for them. It could be campus concerts, rock concerts... any kind.

spiveyrat
04-14-2005, 09:07 AM
and come the RRS there needs to be a texas mandate that they lose the abilility to ever call texas home again

You can take a Texan out of Texas, but you can't take Texas out of a Texan! I know this by personal experience. ;)

Bandera YaYa
04-14-2005, 09:11 AM
I don't have a dog in this hunt. But from my perspective the UT fans in this thread are coming off looking no less riduculous than the A&M fans. :rolleyes: Uh....I'm not really a UT fan...in fact I used to favor A&M....but it got to be that every aggie I met was just as obnoxious as some of the ones on here.....my point is that every school has traditions and hard classes and yes, some real jerks for students..........

GOFOR2
04-14-2005, 09:24 AM

this is such a pointless thread

Uhhhh, Miami is not Miami A&M

lepfan
04-14-2005, 09:25 AM

Nahhhh, Kids go to out of state schools all the time. I have a friend who graduated from OSU with a B.S., from A & M with a master's degree, and from Nebraska with his Doctorate. Each school had a different program that fit him at the time of his need. We don't disown our people because they go to a college that SUITS THEIR NEEDS. Those needs may be academic or athletic -- same difference. Go easy AJ....

KTJ
04-14-2005, 10:26 AM
Originally posted by bmbf_06
well said aggiejohn.....people just dont get the traditions that A&M has-- i have been an aggie fan since i was old enough to kno about college, and i plan to go there when i graduate--personally, after being at the school and at the games, i wouldnt go anywhere else!!! A&M is known as the "Texas Aggies" because they aren't and have never been like any other school......the name is traditional

Why do you guys act as if everyone outside of your school was just born yesterday? People do get your traditions. I went to an A&M football game in junior high and yeah, I got the traditions. I know all about them.

But no one, I repeat no one, has yet to answer my question--

Why does Texas A&M call themselves the Texas Aggies?

Phil C
04-14-2005, 10:40 AM
As you know KTJ I am a Texas Longhorn fan but I looked it up on tamu web site and an Aggie is a student, former student or supporter of Texas A&M University. The term is derived from A&M's agriculture heritage. Aggies are sometimes referred to as farmers.

LH Panther Mom
04-14-2005, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by Phil C
As you know KTJ I am a Texas Longhorn fan but I looked it up on tamu web site and an Aggie is a student, former student or supporter of Texas A&M University. The term is derived from A&M's agriculture heritage. Aggies are sometimes referred to as farmers.

As much as I hate to say this, you're missing KTJ's point. He wants to know why they are dropping "A&M" when referring to themselves.

superslyguy06
04-14-2005, 11:04 AM

AMEN AJ. . . show those traitors!!!

pirate44
04-14-2005, 11:09 AM
im gonna post this while this thread is still at the top of the page. Get a grip folks. ignore the posts and quit fighting with a brick wall. youre not going to change anones minds. people post stupid bickering threads to ruffle your feathers. just ignore the post or even better yet, the poster.

spiveyrat
04-14-2005, 12:13 PM
Originally posted by Bandera YaYa
Uh....I'm not really a UT fan...in fact I used to favor A&M....but it got to be that every aggie I met was just as obnoxious as some of the ones on here.....my point is that every school has traditions and hard classes and yes, some real jerks for students..........

While I quoted from your message, that wasn't necessarily all pointed you. :)

rockdale80
04-14-2005, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ

Texas vs ATM all time 72-34-5
Texas vs. Oklahoma 55-39-5

so what were you saying again.

look for yourself.

Texas All Time Record (http://www.mackbrown-texasfootball.com/pages/alltimerecords/wonlost.html)

AggieJohn
04-14-2005, 12:36 PM
i think if you were wanting to find out why we don't use the A&M in saying Texas Aggies, is just because it flows better...it's easier to roll of the tounge...just like texas goes by texas instead of the unversity of texas at Austin...it's not a shame thing, like when people ask me what school i go to, i say A&M, not texas aggie..it's just a flow thing