PDA

View Full Version : Cedric Benson

panther power
04-13-2005, 06:25 PM
6. Cedric Benson, RB, Texas (5-11, 222)
He's a workhorse, but breakaway speed and some past off-field problems remain issues. Benson also skipped drills at the combine, then failed to blow scouts away at his pro day, notching 40-yard dash times in the 4.6-second range. But his great college production can't be ignored – nor his well-rounded game.

LH Panther Mom
04-14-2005, 06:44 AM
Originally posted by panther power
Benson also skipped drills at the combine

That's always a bad idea. :(

Brahma73
04-14-2005, 03:37 PM
Overrated, like most UT running backs since the last great one, Earl Campbell. I get so tired of hearing "yards after contact." What running back doesn't make most of his yards after contact?

rhs78
04-14-2005, 03:46 PM
Originally posted by Brahma73
Overrated, like most UT running backs since the last great one, Earl Campbell. I get so tired of hearing "yards after contact." What running back doesn't make most of his yards after contact?

why are most of UT's running backs overrated?? I THINK NOT!!!!!

Phil C
04-14-2005, 04:47 PM
Sounds like someone may be about to get another "steal" in the NFL draft!

JasperDog94
04-14-2005, 11:43 PM
Overrated, like most UT running backs since the last great one, Earl Campbell. Yeah, that Ricky Williams (off the field problems aside) was terrible. Look at that great season his team had after he left. And that Priest Holms is waaaaaay overrated. All he can do is catch, run, block and score touchdowns.:D :D

injuredinmelee
04-15-2005, 07:23 AM

They are def no J. Toombs. GO AFL GO AFL

mustang04
04-15-2005, 09:51 AM

WOW....that was a stupid comment, cuz i PROMISE you, if Ricky Williams woulda had his head on straight, then he woulda been one of the best NFL runningbacks to ever play the game

Black_Magic
04-15-2005, 09:58 AM
Overrated, like most UT running backs since the last great one, Earl Campbell. I get so tired of hearing "yards after contact." What running back doesn't make most of his yards after contact? Sounds like a comment a A&M fan would make:rolleyes:

Brahma73
04-15-2005, 12:22 PM
:rolleyes:

Controversy follows me wherever I go. IF I were talking about A&M backs, I would say there hasn't been one good enough to overrate since I can remember. By the way, Red-eyed Ricky DIDN'T keep his head on straight and he WON'T be squat on the football field. That makes him overrated, too. I stand by my opinion, and there's lots of space on here for you to disagree. Don't you just love America!!!!!

TheDOCTORdre
04-15-2005, 12:36 PM
:rolleyes:

Controversy follows me wherever I go. IF I were talking about A&M backs, I would say there hasn't been one good enough to overrate since I can remember. By the way, Red-eyed Ricky DIDN'T keep his head on straight and he WON'T be squat on the football field. That makes him overrated, too. I stand by my opinion, and there's lots of space on here for you to disagree. Don't you just love America!!!!!
so ricky went bad, but how does that make most UT running backs overrated, one mess up doesnt classify the whole group, and yes America is great

Macarthur
04-15-2005, 01:00 PM
I respect what Ced did in college, but I think he will be average in the NFL.

He does not have great speed. He made most of his yard after contact. Most of the contact and tackles he broke in college will be much more difficult in the NFL. It's very hard to make a living in the NFL as a slowish power back. Those hits that he was able to make glance off his side and run through in college will be head on contact and the guys that play defense in the NFL don't miss many tackles.

JasperDog94
04-15-2005, 01:20 PM
It's one thing to say that you think Benson will be an average running back in the NFL. He just might. But to say that UT runningbacks are overrated is just over the top. Two running backs from Texas in the past 10 years have won the rushing title in the NFL. That's not overrated by any stretch of the imigination.