Current Features for Region I page:
Regional Outlook
Preaseason Top 10
Weekly Top 10
District Projections -Preaseason
District Standings -Ongoing
Preseason Darkhorse
Team of the Week
Games of the Week (10 with 3-5 write ups)

New Features:
Fighting Heart Spotlight- weekly, team

Under Consideration:
the WAKE UP CALL--as needed, team (you dont want this)
Brags--News, rumors, player features, and pies in the face. (Will replace the 'in the news' page).

If you have any suggestions or things you'd like to see added to the Region I pages please post here a response. Thanks. bc

vet93
06-18-2002, 08:47 AM
Bearcat...I had mentioned earlier in the year about the possibility of a weekly top 10 poll voted on by the 3A downlow Subscribers. You could make it to where the votes had to be in by tuesday or wednesday of each week. 10 points for first and 1 point for 10th. Then just add up the total number. I suppose this could also be done for the regions as well. What does everybody think?

VWG
06-19-2002, 03:14 PM
I love the idea... the only problem with a poll is all the "HOMERS" out there who will vote for their favorite team to dilute the poll.
Take for instance... how many votes will a Ballinger, Childress, or even Vernon get?

vet93
06-19-2002, 04:09 PM
If enough people participate, then the "Homers" will be diluted out. You only have one vote and even though you may put say, Graham at first even though they wouldn't even be considered for the top 10, the voting will dilute them out because nobody else would vote on them in their right mind!!! Just kidding about the Graham example VWG. I hope you don't think that I would put Ballinger in the top 10 even though I root for them. Certainly you aren't implying that I am an unprofessional Homer!! By the way, to keep people from coming on during the season and swamping your poll with Homer votes you could stipulate that you have to be a subscriber for a specified time before you can vote. What do you think?

bearcat1
06-19-2002, 07:15 PM
We'll talk about it.

Originally posted by vet93:
If enough people participate, then the "Homers" will be diluted out. You only have one vote and even though you may put say, Graham at first even though they wouldn't even be considered for the top 10, the voting will dilute them out because nobody else would vote on them in their right mind!!! Just kidding about the Graham example VWG. I hope you don't think that I would put Ballinger in the top 10 even though I root for them. Certainly you aren't implying that I am an unprofessional Homer!! By the way, to keep people from coming on during the season and swamping your poll with Homer votes you could stipulate that you have to be a subscriber for a specified time before you can vote. What do you think?