PDA

View Full Version : Woman Won't Sue Wendy's for Alleged Finger

jason
04-13-2005, 09:34 AM
Yahoo Story (http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=514&e=14&u=/ap/20050413/ap_on_re_us/wendy_s_finger)

Woman Won't Sue Wendy's for Alleged Finger

2 hours, 19 minutes ago

SAN JOSE, Calif. - A woman who claimed she scooped up a human finger along with her chili at a Wendy's restaurant has decided not to sue the fast-food chain.

Anna Ayala dropped her claim because it "has caused her great emotional distress and continues to be difficult emotionally," said her attorney, Jeffrey Janoff.

Ayala, 39, claimed she found the 1 1/2-inch long fingertip on March 22 while dining at a Wendy's restaurant in San Jose. She later filed a claim with the franchise owner, Fresno-based JEM Management Corp., which her attorney had said was the first step before filing a lawsuit.

Phone calls to Ayala's house went unanswered Tuesday. Investigators searched her Las Vegas home last week as part of their investigation into how a finger ended up in the chili.

Wendy's spokesman Denny Lynch declined to comment on Ayala's decision to drop the lawsuit but said a reward hot line to receive tips will remain open. Wendy's has offered $50,000 to the first person who can provide verifiable information that identifies the origin of the finger.

"It's very important to us to find out what really happened at the restaurant," Lynch said. "We will continue to fully cooperate with the police investigation."

Wendy's maintains the finger did not enter the food chain in its ingredients. None of the employees at the San Jose store had lost any fingers, and no suppliers of Wendy's ingredients reported any hand or finger injuries, the company said.

The Santa Clara County coroner's office used a partial fingerprint to search for a match in an electronic database but came up empty. DNA testing is still being conducted on the finger.

lepfan
04-13-2005, 09:37 AM
I think they need to chaeck all her friend's digits.....sounds to me like she has a habit of suing companies. I bet she is in it with the one missing the finger...and they were going to split the proceeds.

Ranger Mom
04-13-2005, 09:39 AM
Originally posted by lepfan
I think they need to chaeck all her friend's digits.....sounds to me like she has a habit of suing companies. I bet she is in it with the one missing the finger...and they were going to split the proceeds.

I read somewhere that her nephew, cousin, or some relative said she may have cut it off of her dead aunt which died about week prior to the incident.

pirate44
04-13-2005, 09:39 AM
LOL. i never took you for a conspiracy therorist lepfan

AggieJohn
04-13-2005, 09:40 AM
i love yahoo stories...some of them are so off the wall

LH Panther Mom
04-13-2005, 09:40 AM
:mad: Darn it! I've been wondering why it's been so difficult to type lately. Now I know. :doh:

lepfan
04-13-2005, 09:42 AM
Originally posted by pirate44
LOL. i never took you for a conspiracy therorist lepfan

I told you I want to be a PI.....I have a way of "gathering" information. Some of my old friends still call me to find out what is going on in their town. :D

pirate44
04-13-2005, 09:43 AM
I told you I want to be a PI.....I have a way of "gathering" information. Some of my old friends still call me to find out what is going on in their town. :D
you may be right, but its just a say funny scenario. the person who cut their finger off is probably kicking himself

Bandera YaYa
04-13-2005, 09:50 AM
Originally posted by pirate44
you may be right, but its just a say funny scenario. the person who cut their finger off is probably kicking himself ...yeah cuz picking his nose, is outta the question now..... :eek: :D

Bandera YaYa
04-13-2005, 09:54 AM
I told you I want to be a PI.....I have a way of "gathering" information. Some of my old friends still call me to find out what is going on in their town. :D Now I know you and I WOULD be deadly......I too want to be a PI!!! My boss says I always am able to find what he needs....I can find things no one else can!! We shoudld join up....maybe start our own "Cheaters" business...in TEXAS !!!! Boy, that would sure have the men running...........for their lives!!!! HAHAHAHAHa :eek: :D :D

pirate44
04-13-2005, 10:01 AM
Originally posted by Bandera YaYa
Now I know you and I WOULD be deadly......I too want to be a PI!!! My boss says I always am able to find what he needs....I can find things no one else can!! We shoudld join up....maybe start our own "Cheaters" business...in TEXAS !!!! Boy, that would sure have the men running...........for their lives!!!! HAHAHAHAHa :eek: :D :D
Tony's Angels. that has a ring to it

kaorder1999
04-13-2005, 10:50 AM
that is crazy

lepfan
04-13-2005, 10:52 AM
Now I know you and I WOULD be deadly......I too want to be a PI!!! My boss says I always am able to find what he needs....I can find things no one else can!! We shoudld join up....maybe start our own "Cheaters" business...in TEXAS !!!! Boy, that would sure have the men running...........for their lives!!!! HAHAHAHAHa :eek: :D :D

We could investigate from Kansas to Texas....big job...but I think we could handle it :) .

big daddy russ
04-13-2005, 12:02 PM
....maybe start our own "Cheaters" business...in TEXAS !!!! Boy, that would sure have the men running...........for their lives!!!! HAHAHAHAHa :eek: :D :D
Did you know that the guy who came up with that show is from Sinton?

District303aPastPlayer
04-13-2005, 12:06 PM
:eek: :eek: who is he :eek: :eek:

big daddy russ
04-13-2005, 12:18 PM
I don't remember his name but he was the first host of the show. One of my old bosses over at Channel 10 in Corpus knew him.

LH Panther Mom
04-22-2005, 06:25 AM
The woman who claimed she found a well-manicured finger in her bowl of Wendy's chili last month was arrested Thursday night in Las Vegas, police said.

http://www.cnn.com/2005/LAW/04/22/wendys.finger.ap/index.html

mwynn05
04-22-2005, 07:48 AM
It was a setup from what i read in one story last week.

AP Panther Fan
04-22-2005, 08:28 AM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
Did you know that the guy who came up with that show is from Sinton?

I knew that, but I can't remember his name. He is part of one of the Greek families that own restaurants in our area.