PDA

View Full Version : Softball Playoffs...

middleagecardinal
04-13-2005, 09:23 AM
After a first round bye, it looks like Bridge City will get the winner of the 2nd place team from 21AAA (Pollok Central or Diboll) and the 3rd place team from 22AAA (Jasper or Kirbyville). Could anyone from these two districts confirm their district standings?

www.uil.utexas.edu/ath/manuals/softball/12-2A_5A_Brackets.pdf

Old Cardinal
04-13-2005, 10:49 AM
To MAC: Billy Hicks website has Pollack Central as 8-2 and overall 20-5 tied with Diboll 8-2 and 16-5. On the other District race it's Jasper 4-2 tied with Kirbyville 4-2...I remember that Diboll has a great 3rd baseman. The site that you posted would not open for me.....

middleagecardinal
04-13-2005, 11:06 AM
Yeah Old, that's where I got my information. I just wanted to see if anyone from those respective districts could confirm their standings.

BCsportfan
04-13-2005, 12:25 PM
I was told BC would see Splendora or Barbers Hill after the bye ?

middleagecardinal
04-13-2005, 12:47 PM
Based on the bracket on the UIL web site, 24AAA winner plays the winner of 2nd place 21AAA and 3rd place 22AAA. Barbers Hill/Splendora is from 23AAA. It's possible that BC could meet one of them in the next round (regional quarter finals) because the runner up in their district is on our side of the bracket.

Ray_BearKat
04-13-2005, 01:19 PM
Raymondville has blazed through district undefeated and will likely finish undefeated...who are the Runner up in 29-3A and Third place in 30-3A?

pirate4state
04-13-2005, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by Ray_BearKat
Raymondville has blazed through district undefeated and will likely finish undefeated...who are the Runner up in 29-3A and Third place in 30-3A? In 30-3A we'll know after Friday who the 3rd place team will be, maybe. :D Sinton & Aransas Pass are tied for 2nd and they play Friday. GO LADY PIRATES!!! :cheerl: :thumbsup: :clap:

Old Cardinal
04-13-2005, 10:13 PM
MAC, The teams that I consider the toughest to face are Splendora, Barbers Hill, Huntington and Rockdale....Can you project the game level bracket meeting with any of them(what round)?
MAC, If you get a chance please publish the girls batting stats etc: on the BC sports website....Thanks

middleagecardinal
04-14-2005, 07:16 AM
Originally posted by Old Cardinal
MAC, The teams that I consider the toughest to face are Splendora, Barbers Hill, Huntington and Rockdale....Can you project the game level bracket meeting with any of them(what round)?
MAC, If you get a chance please publish the girls batting stats etc: on the BC sports website....Thanks

IF WE GET THIS FAR......We would most likely not see Rockdale or Huntington until the regional final. Same as the Barbers Hill/Splendora winner. We would most likely face the Barbers Hill/Splendora runner up in the regional quarterfinals (3rd round). Again, IF WE GET THIS FAR.

I'm not too sure about putting the stats out there Old. I'm sure it might differ from what they are keeping in the dugout and I'm not sure that the coach would appreciate it nor the kid who's avg might be higher than I have it scored. I can give pitching stats since a strike out is not a scorer's judgement call and the program I have figures the era (things I can't be called biased on).

middleagecardinal
04-14-2005, 11:33 AM
Any other Region III districts ending this week?

RBARKER
04-14-2005, 11:59 AM
District 23 -3a still has two games left with the standings as follows.

Team District Season

Barbers Hill 7-1 17-7
Splendora 7-1 20-2
Huffman 4-4 14-7
Tarkington 3-4 12-8
Liberty 1-6 8-16
Cleveland 0-6 0-11

If BH and Splendora win out they will be tied having beaten each other one a piece. I would assume that a playoff will be held between these teams to decide the district champ. Huffman has beaten Tarkington twice so I would gues they will end up with the third spot.

Old Cardinal
04-14-2005, 03:38 PM
That all makes good sense MAC...No use showing the world our fancy bat work LOL.
RBarker: Good to hear from you again. BH and Splendora are both class acts this year. It will go down to the wire for the District championship over there. Tell us when they are going to play the sudden-death for the District title and some of us will come over and see the action. R. we play at 6 pm at H-F tomorrow(Friday); we would like to extend an invitation to you and your friends to join us....

middleagecardinal
04-14-2005, 03:45 PM
.....R. we play at 6 pm at H-F tomorrow(Friday); we would like to extend an invitation to you and your friends to join us....

Hey Old, that game is at Ford Park (I'm pretty sure).

Old Cardinal
04-14-2005, 07:09 PM
Right on, It is at Ford Park right on I 10 West of Beaumont.....Boy that would be a great place to have a host of bracket games played out all on the same day for all classifications. Plenty of parking/seating/ food/ and very good playing fields!

MAC, I see some great SB in the upcoming Region III bracketing.

middleagecardinal
04-16-2005, 08:47 AM
Any district standing updates...

PhiI C
04-16-2005, 08:50 AM
Ray third place in district 30AAA will be Aransas Pass.

Rainman
04-16-2005, 10:25 AM
23-AAA Softball Scores from 4/15/05
Barbers Hill 2
Tarkington 0

Splendora 25
Cleveland 1

Huffman 11
Liberty 1

Barbers Hill and Splendora are each tied at one loss going into the last round of district play. Huffman cliches the third spot with a win over Cleveland, who is winless in district. Huffman is only in trouble if they lose and Tarkington pulls off an upset of Splendora.
Next Games
Barbers Hill v. Liberty
Splendora v. Tarkington
Huffman v. Cleveland

some1
04-16-2005, 10:42 AM
In District 20

Sealy and Bellville are tied for first at (7-2) going into the last game next friday after that its kinda of a toss up of who is going to take 3rd in this district with rice at (5-4) and depending on what happened last night against navasota and columbus. Navasota could be tied with rice if they won knocking columbus out of a chance for playoffs.

RBARKER
04-17-2005, 12:00 PM
Right on, It is at Ford Park right on I 10 West of Beaumont.....Boy that would be a great place to have a host of bracket games played out all on the same day for all classifications. Plenty of parking/seating/ food/ and very good playing fields!

MAC, I see some great SB in the upcoming Region III bracketing.

Thanks OC for the invite. Wish I could catch some games , but I'm on the Road. Just flew in from New Mexico Friday. I will let you know when the playoff game between BH and Splendora is assuming they both win out. hopefully its on a Saturday and we can all meet up.

bulldog94
04-17-2005, 12:14 PM
Some1

Columbus beat Navasota 4-3.

The standings are now Sealy and Bellville at 7-2.

Rice 5-4 vs Bellville

Columbus 4-5 vs Hempstead

And Navasota 4-5 vs us (Sealy)

AggieJohn
04-17-2005, 01:59 PM
Liberty have aqny chance of getting in on a third spot

Originally posted by Rainman
23-AAA Softball Scores from 4/15/05
Barbers Hill 2
Tarkington 0

Splendora 25
Cleveland 1

Huffman 11
Liberty 1

Barbers Hill and Splendora are each tied at one loss going into the last round of district play. Huffman cliches the third spot with a win over Cleveland, who is winless in district. Huffman is only in trouble if they lose and Tarkington pulls off an upset of Splendora.
Next Games
Barbers Hill v. Liberty
Splendora v. Tarkington
Huffman v. Cleveland

18handicap
04-17-2005, 07:11 PM
I've posted a bracket for regions III and IV based on today's standings on my website. It's just a guestimate based on the standings -- things can and will change

www.sweenysoftball.org/standingspage.htm

disregard the update time on that page. The official update time is on each regional page of standings.
BH

Ray_BearKat
04-17-2005, 09:56 PM
Cool, the runner-up in 32-3A is going to be Lyford...third is still in the air more then likely going to La Feria.

Rainman
04-17-2005, 11:52 PM
Liberty has no chance of getting the third spott in distict 23

Old Cardinal
04-18-2005, 12:25 AM
To 18 handicap: We that follow all Softball appreciate your efforts to have win/loss info available on teams all across Texas.

AggieJohn
04-18-2005, 01:17 AM
Originally posted by Rainman
Liberty has no chance of getting the third spott in distict 23

well errh...

middleagecardinal
04-18-2005, 10:48 AM
Any word on the Splendora/Barbers Hill playoff game to decide the 1st and 2nd placement in the bracket?

Same for Bellville/Sealy?

Phil C
04-18-2005, 10:59 AM
I'm not completely sure but it looks like Sinton will be playing Crystal in the first round which gives a bye to district winners.

pirate4state
04-18-2005, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by Phil C
I'm not completely sure but it looks like Sinton will be playing Crystal in the first round which gives a bye to district winners. Yes, Phil it looks like Sinton will face Crystal City in the first round. Should Sinton win that contest they would then face Orange Grove. But lets take one game at a time. ;)

RBARKER
04-18-2005, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by middleagecardinal
Any word on the Splendora/Barbers Hill playoff game to decide the 1st and 2nd placement in the bracket?

Same for Bellville/Sealy?

No news yet. They both still have to win one more game before that is an option.

18handicap
04-18-2005, 01:00 PM
My sources say that Bellville and Sealy will play each other again if they both win on Friday night.

Brahma73
04-18-2005, 01:10 PM
If Sealy and Bellville win out, I'd be suprised if their playoff game wasn't at Columbus. Nice facility same distance from each. I think Rice has the inside track over Columbus by virtue of beating Columbus twice this season. They should be able to finish 3rd at 5-5 even with a loss to Bellville. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Bellville plays Rice Friday night, I think. It's logical that a playoff game would be early next week.

rhs78
04-18-2005, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by Brahma73
If Sealy and Bellville win out, I'd be suprised if their playoff game wasn't at Columbus. Nice facility same distance from each. I think Rice has the inside track over Columbus by virtue of beating Columbus twice this season. They should be able to finish 3rd at 5-5 even with a loss to Bellville. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Bellville plays Rice Friday night, I think. It's logical that a playoff game would be early next week.

does any one know what the tiebreaker rule is in d-20 softball???

Phil C
04-18-2005, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Yes, Phil it looks like Sinton will face Crystal City in the first round. Should Sinton win that contest they would then face Orange Grove. But lets take one game at a time. ;)

You are right there. I just hope that the two schools can play the game at Pleasanton because that would be a good half-way point between the two cities even though I don't know what kind of softball field they have plus Pleasanton is closer to both cities than San Antonio.

middleagecardinal
04-19-2005, 08:40 AM
Did Robinson and Lorena play last night? If so, who won?

s_tx_softball
04-19-2005, 07:05 PM
does anyone know who sealy and bellville may face, bellville does play rice friday and I don't think columbus is in the running for the place if they tie.

some1
04-19-2005, 08:47 PM
If both sealy and bellville win friday night that ties them for 1st and puts a 3 way tie for 3rd between rice, navasota, and columbus. If this happens sealy and bellville will have a playoff game that tuesday i'm guessing and the winner gets the bye and the other plays caldwell the first round.

Old Cardinal
04-19-2005, 10:05 PM
I heard that Jasper SB beat Sheppard 5-0 Friday night. Can someone confirm this?

bulldog94
04-19-2005, 10:59 PM
Actually, the only way there is a 3 way tie is if Rice loses, and Navasota and Columbus win. It is pretty much a given that Columbus will end up 5-5. he question is, What will happen in the other two games? Rice is the only team of those 3 that controls what happens.

middleagecardinal
04-20-2005, 04:21 PM
They are starting to fill in the brackets.

www.uil.utexas.edu/ath/brackets/softball/3Asb.pdf

Rockdale Tiger
04-20-2005, 04:23 PM
19-3A
1st - Rockdale
2cd - La Grange
3rd - Not sure

middleagecardinal
04-20-2005, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by Rockdale Tiger
19-3A
1st - Rockdale
2cd - La Grange
3rd - Not sure

3rd - Caldwell?

Rockdale Tiger
04-20-2005, 04:28 PM
I don't know...

Rockdale Tiger
04-20-2005, 04:32 PM
maybe a caldwell person will enlighten us...

BTEXDAD
04-25-2005, 08:32 AM
I was getting confused reading all the possible scenarios, but isn't this a great time of year?

middleagecardinal
04-26-2005, 08:50 AM
Originally posted by middleagecardinal
They are starting to fill in the brackets.

www.uil.utexas.edu/ath/brackets/softball/3Asb.pdf

pirate4state
04-26-2005, 10:18 AM
Thursday 4/28 @ 7 p.m. in Hebbronville, Texas

GO LADY PIRATES!!! :cheerl: :cheerl:

Sinton94
04-26-2005, 12:02 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by pirate4state
[B]Thursday 4/28 @ 7 p.m. in Hebbronville, Texas

Hebbronville???????????? Are the facilities nice?

pirate4state
04-26-2005, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Thursday 4/28 @ 7 p.m. in Hebbronville, Texas

Originally posted by Sinton94
Hebbronville???????????? Are the facilities nice? [/B] Yes, from what I hear they have nice facilities. Will you be at the game? If not I could call someone with updates or at the very least with the final score. Let me know via PM.

Phil C
04-26-2005, 01:31 PM
I plan to go but my son has hospital tests at 1:30 P.M. Thursday. They said he would be through about 3 but you know how hospitals are. If they get through I will head to Hebbronville. If not I will depend on the web site for information.

Phil C
04-26-2005, 02:21 PM
It is only about 50 percent that I will get to go because of my son's medical tests. Those that go I have some information for what it is worth.

One way which to have good freeway traffic is to take 77 South to Robstown then turn West on 44 to Alice on to San Diego and from San Diego take 359 South to Benavides on to Hebbronville for a distance of about 101 miles. The catch is that (according to a friend in Alice) there is construction in Alice on 44 and it could slow you down.

Now there is another way he recommended which is only about 5 miles farther but probably less delays. Take 77 South to Kingsville then turn West on 141 (this would be exit on King Street and turn right on King Street) to Benavides and then take 359 South to Hebbronville. Of course there is traffic in Kingsville but if you know Kingsville you can by pass this traffic and go by the university and get on 141 over there and miss the traffic but you need to know Kingsville to do it.

There are other ways such as going on 77 South to Rivera and then turn west on 285 through Falfurrias on to Hebbronville but that is a farther distance.

If I go I will probably go the Kingsville route since I know it well. (I used to live in Kingsville.).