PDA

View Full Version : Bellville 8, Navasota 1

Bellville22
04-12-2005, 10:55 PM
Big win for the Brahmas tonight as they remain a game behind Columbus in D20. Led by Lucas Luetge's 12 K's, the Brahmas, thanks to a 5 run 3rd inning took down the Rattlers tonight. Luetge showed once again why he's the best pitcher in the district, and the Brahma bats came alive the second time through the order vs. Martin.

Big win for Bellville as it all but guarantees a playoff slot for the young Brahmas.

Navasota remains very much alive in the playoff picture as well.

Bull's-eye
04-13-2005, 12:06 AM
Bellville raises their district record to 5-1 and Navasota drops to 3-3. Bellville decided to pitch their ace Luetge, in what I thought to be a very important game. This win gives them a 2 game lead over Navasota and Rice, and they also own the tie-breaker over Navasota. Navasota went with Martin, so it looks like they will pitch Shiflett vs Columbus this friday. I'm not sure why Bellville didn't see him tonight. Maybe Navasota didn't count on Luetge pitching or they figured that their odds against Luetge were slim, so let's save him for Columbus. If the Rattlers defeat Columbus, the Cardinals should count on seeing Luetge in round 2.

BrahmaMom
04-13-2005, 08:41 AM
Congrats to the Brahmas! Discipline and hard work can make up for youth and inexperience. Don't let up, Bulls!

Bull's-eye
04-13-2005, 09:15 AM
Columbus defeated Sealy 15-5. Columbus is now 6-0 and Sealy drops to 1-5. Does anybody have the Rice/Hempstead score?

rhs78
04-13-2005, 10:28 AM
Rice beat hempstead last nite in a blowout, i was told 22-2 or close to that(daughters were at the game and they don't pay to much attention to details)!!!!

CheerMom
04-13-2005, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by rhs78
Rice beat hempstead last nite in a blowout, i was told 22-2 or close to that(daughters were at the game and they don't pay to much attention to details)!!!!

Actually it was 22-1 but what is one run when it is such a blowout.
What was the girls score?
And congrats to the Brahmas on a big win!!!:D

Bull's-eye
04-13-2005, 12:13 PM
Updated District 20-3a standings

Columbus 6-0
Bellville 5-1
Navasota 3-3
Rice 3-3
Sealy 1-5
Hempstead 0-6

Several key games left: Columbus @ Navasota, Rice @ Bellville, Rice vs Navasota (not sure of location) and Bellville @ Columbus.