PDA

View Full Version : Abilene Wylie - Graham updates

ClydeFan
11-14-2003, 09:16 PM
Wylie leads Graham 21-0. 2nd Quarter, 5:12 remaining

Da Mules
11-15-2003, 12:25 AM
Final wylie 28 graham 21 2OT's/ what a game that musta been. allsport says wylie was ahead 21-0 at halftime. Congrats to both teams

<small>[ November 14, 2003, 11:27 PM: Message edited by: Da Mules ]</small>

wildstangs
11-15-2003, 12:57 AM
Wylie led 21-0 at the half. Graham scored 21 in the second half. We go to OT. First OT, Graham gets the ball first and fumbles. Wylie then gets the ball and attempts a field goal, bad snap, no good. Second OT. Wylie scores a TD on a Chad Copeland run. Graham gets the ball and gets stuffed on 4th down by Lance Miller.

Wylie gets Everman, Graham gets Basketball.

vet93
11-15-2003, 10:22 AM
Great win for the Bulldogs...of course you are rewarded with a tall order in taking on everman! However, Wylie seems to be peaking at the right time this year. You have to feel for Graham and their post season woes. I wonder if it has become a mental block...from everything that I have read they seem to have good coaching, good athletes and work hard. Do any of the Graham fans have any ideas?

Excel94
11-15-2003, 11:16 AM
CONGRATULATIONS WYLIE BULLDOGS!!!
I have never seen a bunch of boys playing with such heart. It was incredible how they never gave up in that game. The game with Graham was pretty much how Wylie's whole district season has gone they have fought for every inch and come out on top!!! Way to go WYLIE BULLDOGS what heart you all played with. Alot of people doubted you guys but I guess they are really surprised by what you have accomplished.

Wbulldogs
11-15-2003, 11:28 AM
Excel94:
CONGRATULATIONS WYLIE BULLDOGS!!!
I have never seen a bunch of boys playing with such heart. It was incredible how they never gave up in that game. The game with Graham was pretty much how Wylie's whole district season has gone they have fought for every inch and come out on top!!! Way to go WYLIE BULLDOGS what heart you all played with. Alot of people doubted you guys but I guess they are really surprised by what you have accomplished.thanx excell94, people have doubted us all year and im glad we have been proving them wrong and lets prove them wrong once again next sat. good luck to all the teams in the playoffs.

wildstangs
11-15-2003, 11:30 AM
Congrats JR. I had predicted that you guys would beat Graham this time around. Saw your TD on High School Extra last night. Looking Good. Best of luck to the Bulldogs!

VWG
11-15-2003, 08:37 PM
vet93:
Great win for the Bulldogs...of course you are rewarded with a tall order in taking on everman! However, Wylie seems to be peaking at the right time this year. You have to feel for Graham and their post season woes. I wonder if it has become a mental block...from everything that I have read they seem to have good coaching, good athletes and work hard. Do any of the Graham fans have any ideas?Hey Vet,
Mental block? I can't say for sure. Coaching? Maybe a little. If you look at Graham's 0-5 playoff run, every game except one has been close.
Ballinger loss at Shotwell, Sweetwater loss at the Mustang Bowl on a rainy night, Wylie the last two years...
Some people might want to run the coach out of town, but you can't argue with the kids he gets out for football and running a clean program. An all-dist. middle linebacker (not Scott Andrews) was dismissed from the team and didn't play against Wylie. JV was 10-0, Freshmen went 7-2-1.
Anybody looking to hang Mack Brown although he is like 57-17 in his career at UT, but can't beat OU?
The game on Friday night was excellent. Both teams played tough, and Wylie played really well. Graham made mistakes. Fumble inside their own 20 in the first qtr. when they were steamrolling down the field on their first drive. Running into the kicker penalty which Wylie missed, but gave them the ball back with an extra 15 yards. Fumble into the endzone from about the 5 yard line in OT that a Wylie kid recovered. I'm definitely not discounting the fact that Wylie didn't earn this victory, but Graham made costly mistakes.
I can't get down about the Steers not advancing. They played like champs in the second half. Any team that can come back like they did deserve a pat on the back. With their fifth straight dist. championship and a 29-1 dist. record the past five years proves that they have a good team, just need to push that over into the playoffs because they will be back next year.
Hats off to Vernon and Iowa Park out of Dist. 5-3A for their wins! Good luck in the area round!