PDA

View Full Version : Sinton vs.Aransas Pass

sinfan75
10-12-2002, 05:18 AM
I'm tired of sayin Sinton gonna have a hard time against teams.I think the only team that can beat Sinton in 30-3A is Sinton themselves.Pirates 35,Panthers 7.

J.E.C.-MP
10-12-2002, 11:23 AM
sinfan75:
I'm tired of sayin Sinton gonna have a hard time against teams.I think the only team that can beat Sinton in 30-3A is Sinton themselves.Pirates 35,Panthers 7.I say your right....
Sinton 35
AP 14

footballgal
10-12-2002, 01:11 PM
Congrats! Sinton Pirates, another big win. :p , I know, I know I posted on the wrong thread, I am just getting a headstart for next Friday. hehe

By the way can anyone tell what happened to Mathis????

<small>[ October 12, 2002, 01:15 PM: Message edited by: footballgal ]</small>

sinfan75
10-12-2002, 01:19 PM
Aransas Pass 30,Mathis 20!

SintonChick03
10-13-2002, 10:35 AM
hey guys just want to say good luck to the pirates against ap Go Pirates
6-0 :) :p wink :cool:

footballgal
10-13-2002, 11:38 AM
sinfan75:
Aransas Pass 30,Mathis 20!I know I meant what happened, I thought Mathis is suppose to have a great team, according to the guy from Mathis? I guess AP is a better team. wink

sinton66
10-13-2002, 11:40 AM
Pirates are starting to beat the spreads, so I'm gonna pick Sinton by 40 over Aransas Pass. AP proved to be stronger than Mathis as I suspected they would, but they will be no match for Sinton. Sinton's speed and experience should outdistance the Panthers by a wide margin. :D
If Data poll narrows the +35 they are giving presently, I would back off to that +35.

<small>[ October 14, 2002, 12:58 PM: Message edited by: sinton66 ]</small>

big daddy russ
10-13-2002, 03:06 PM
footballgal... mathis is a strong team, but ap probably has the most talented team in district 30 this side of sinton. ap's problems lie in the mental part of the game, not their ability. in the game, it was 30-14 with 25 seconds to play when eddie benavides hit omar moreno in the endzone for mathis. ap stopped the two point conversion and picked up the onside kick. as far as the rest of the game, ap's line opened some holes and tommy blake hit 'em and then drug a bunch of defenders with him. he's like 220 pounds and runs like a 4.6, and he did this the whole game. blake finished with 266 rushing yards and just wore the pirate defense down. i hope that answered any questions you had.

sinton66
10-13-2002, 08:46 PM
Aransas Pass also returned a bunch from last year's team that took Mathis to double overtime, losing by a field goal. Aransas Pass got better, and so far, Mathis hasn't.

M.PIRATEFAN
10-13-2002, 09:25 PM
Mathis was playing well in the first half, came out pumped up. 14-10 in halftime Mathis was leading. Mathis got the ball first to begin the second half. First possession,penalties and lost a fumble.A.P. scored off that turnover. 2nd possession,fumble A.P. scored off that turnover as well. We gave them that game,gift wrap it too. Anyways, Mathis didn't give up gave it all they had til the end. A.P. great job and good luck against Sinton. Mathis will bounce back and will make the playoffs. :mad:

PPHSfan
10-13-2002, 09:50 PM
I think Sinton by forty is a pretty good post for the rest of District Play :D

sinton66
10-14-2002, 05:28 AM
I think Mathis will bounce back, they have to against a good West Oso team if they want to make the playoffs. That said, Oso is capable of beating Mathis. In fact, Oso/AP could be a tight one too. Oso has both size and speed. They have the biggest line in the district. If they decide to forget the fancy stuff and just line up and pound the ball, they could become very dangerous. Oso looks an awful lot like Cuero in my opinion. wink

pirate4state
10-14-2002, 04:01 PM
This should be a good game. I hope Sinton comes out pumped up because if they fall behind to A-P and try to come back in the 3rd quarter they could be facing a very difficult task.

<small>[ October 14, 2002, 04:04 PM: Message edited by: pirate4state ]</small>

SintonFan_inAustin
10-14-2002, 07:03 PM
Pirates make a big statement win by 50
Sinton 57
AP 7

This time pirates will come out ready to play and will have a explosive first half.

#44 looks good when he runs the ball, showing some speed and power when he runs. That could make a good tandem with julian and bubba.

Chris Hart
10-14-2002, 07:23 PM
Sinton by 27

sinfan75
10-14-2002, 08:45 PM
Will Ruiz be ready to play Friday?How bout Threadgill.What's the word on him.

SintonChick03
10-14-2002, 09:43 PM
Hey guys Julian Ruiz sould be back this week but threadgill :confused: is out for the rest of the year he was hurt realy badly GO PIrates 6-0 Seniors2003 :p :)

pirate4state
10-15-2002, 08:59 AM
Threadgill seperated his shoulder so he's out for the year. Is he a senior or junior?

toby070
10-15-2002, 10:16 AM
Geez, I love the Sinton folks in here, but 40 and 50 point wins???? I think this one is gonna be a dogfight, AP will hang in, but Sinton speed = big plays late.

40 or 50 points???? sheesh

SintonFan_inAustin
10-15-2002, 11:27 AM
Geez. A close game against a much weaker opponent. If pirates continue first half woes then thats the closes the game will be. But when its all said and done it'll be another blowout against another opponent that hangs in there as long as they could. Theres is no district opponent that has a team that can go at least 3 rounds deep. Pirates wont be in a close game until the playoffs start.

<small>[ October 15, 2002, 11:29 AM: Message edited by: SintonFan_inAustin ]</small>

pirate4state
10-15-2002, 11:30 AM
I hate to say it, but I think A-P will score more than the average points allowed by the D. Blake is a BIG kid and it looks like he is better conditioned (and focused) this year vs. last year. Is he still being used both ways? I'll tell you what I can't wait to see Curt & Blake go at it. Hopefully this "cool" weather we're having will hold up for Friday and I say bring on the rain a little mud never hurt anybody :D

Phil C
10-15-2002, 01:33 PM
Clint Threadgill is our for the year with a shoulder injury that may have to be operated on. He is a junior.

big daddy russ
10-15-2002, 04:26 PM
blake plays a limited role on defense, kind of a rover position, somewhere in between a true rover, a free safety and a linebacker... they have 5 DB's. but blake hardly goes in on defense. theyve got kids on defense who can take his place, but theres nobody on offense who can spell that guy. how many teams have a guy who's 6-4, 220 and runs a 4.6 in pads?

sinton66
10-15-2002, 06:50 PM
BDR, AP is not GP, they will not put 200yds rushing on Sinton's D. They will have to beat the Pirates in the air, and that's pretty hard too. Toby, go look at Data Poll and see what they're picking for the rest of the season. AP would have to play 100% mistake free to even get close. Sinton's D causes opponents to make mistakes. I would be very surprized if the margin isn't at least 35.

htownfbman
10-15-2002, 09:20 PM
when wharton played ap they hit that big rb hard and often and he only gained 19 yards the entire game, so i think that sinton's d will do something close to the same.

big daddy russ
10-15-2002, 09:59 PM
66, AP took out GP in a scrimmage. ap's first team scored once in three series, gp's didn't score. your strength is your speed. i know its just a scrimmage, but still. ive seen the tapes. ap is more of a physical team than you, plain and simple, and if they run up the middle the only real mistake they can make is fumbling the ball. wharton is bigger than you guys, and granted they hit blake often and hard, the guy only had 9 carries because he was injured. you're right that blake probably won't run for 200 yards against you. you guys are twice as fast as mathis and he had four runs of 35+ yards. i promise that your defense will get to blake before he picks up 60 yards on a carry. but if he carries the ball 25 times and picks up, say, five yards a carry (which even you'll agree is within reason), that's 125 yards. ap likes to run up the middle. that's their strength. you guys like to get to the ball asap. that's the strength of your defense. unfortunately, you don't have peterson on that line anymore. i'm not saying you have a bad defense at all. as a matter of fact, that's probably the strength of your team. you wrap up better than any team i've ever seen (remember, ingleside played cuero back in '95) and i've never seen any team as quick to get to the ball as you. but heard will keep your defense pretty honest (almost 900 passing yards this year), at least honest enough to keep you from putting eight in the box. even if blake doesn't pick up 100, him and corey hale will probably combine for 140 yards. you guys will win. but you won't win by 50. oh, and the data poll had mathis favored.

sinton66
10-15-2002, 10:08 PM
Actually, AP was favored after the update by only 1.5. And BDR, last week you were telling me yourself that we needed to worry about West Oso more than AP or Mathis. I promise you, Sinton never takes anyone lightly, and they will be ready. Trust me, he's NOT going to post 5yds a carry.

big daddy russ
10-15-2002, 10:26 PM
yeah, i'll eat it and say that i thought west oso was going to be tough, but i'll keep eating it if i have to. you won't beat ap by 50 points. if he gets close to 20 touches, blake WILL get four to five yards a carry. it's one thing to be proud of your team, but c'mon kid, listen to your boy phil c.

sinton66
10-15-2002, 11:29 PM
First of all BDR, I graduated in '66, so I'm far from a kid. Second, just to clarify the thread, I never said we would win by 50, that was SintonFan_inAustin. I said at least 35 and predicted 40 which is exactly what Data Poll currently shows. I can also guarantee you that if AP and GP were to play this week, AP would lose by close to 50. Gp has picked up momentum as has Sinton. AP played two quality teams so far, and were beaten soundly by both of them(Rockport-Fulton and Wharton). Ap is about dead even with Oso. This is NOT going to be a close game.

<small>[ October 16, 2002, 06:35 AM: Message edited by: sinton66 ]</small>

sinfan75
10-16-2002, 04:55 AM
All ya'll been talkin about is A-P offense vs. Sinton Defense.Does A-P have a good enough D to stop Sinton's O?Accordin to the stats they don't!A-P allowin 330yds.and 27pts.per game.Another thing is special teams.Pirates have good special teams what about A-P.Blake will get some yards but not many.Sinton may not be as physical as A-P But they'll put points on the board and won't allow many.I still say Sinton 35,A-P 7.I hope I'm right cause I don't like crow in any form.YUK!!!!

SintonFan
10-17-2002, 12:59 AM
Gonna be a good game. AP is better than their loss to Wharton. Sorry about the other thread 75. Any other thoughts on this game?

SintonFan
10-17-2002, 01:10 AM
I'll make a prediction later in the week...
75, have they found the 'missing' homecoming queens? I think they escaped Sinton like I did...
:D
jus havin som fun...

sinfan75
10-17-2002, 04:46 AM
No but they lost another one.Bosses sister is about due to have a baby so she didn't think it would be a good idea.But now I'm gonna be in TWO parades next week.Wednesday I'm goin to Alice to be in their parade.Be pullin the Alice cheerleaders.It's a tough job but somebody gotta do it!!

Sinton94
10-17-2002, 07:44 AM
I heard AP fabricated a mock newspaper headline saying "AP UPSETS NO. 1 SINTON IN A BLOWOUT" and hung it in their locker room for motivation. There is no doubt that every team would love to knock off the number one team in state and AP is a solid team, but I can't see it happening. AP has given up at least 20 points every game and Sinton has allowed no more than 7. I heard Julian might not play now, but we'll still be ok. Heard will have to throw the ball in order for AP to be successful, but remember they thought that last year as well and he threw 5 picks. I really think Sinton will be up for this game and should take care of business in the first half. Sinton 42 AP 7.
I also agree with earlier comments that AP would be blown out by Portland now and Oso is no slouch by any means. In fact I’ll take West Oso over Mathis in a close one and AP will be in a battle as well. Good Luck Pirates!

sinton66
10-17-2002, 12:53 PM
Sinton94, do you drive a green truck? Just trying to see if I know you. wink

maroonpunt
10-17-2002, 01:08 PM
big daddy russ is nuts....sinton will kill ap because blake is a physical specimen alright but has not guts. last yeay we hit him and he shut it down, he has always shut it down on the football field when he starts getting popped cause he dont like to get hit...and about the material to pump ap up, it dont work..last year in aps field house, one of our coaches had to go in there before the game and there was stuff, nasty stuff and words all over the bulletin board. stuff hanging out of our players mouths, and bad language all over the place, so another coach went there to check it out and sure enough it was there. anyone could walk in there and do that. what a shame for a coach to let something like that hang on his walls when any adminstrator could of walked in there.. sorry but no respect for anything that comes out of ap...

Sinton94
10-17-2002, 04:20 PM
Sinton66. No.....but I would bet I know you or know of you.

Sinton94
10-17-2002, 05:08 PM
I wasn't going to be that blunt......but your right he doesn't play as tough as he size.......and the Sinton D will make their presence known. Curt didn't play his best game last week either and I'm pretty sure we'll see a more aggressive Curt this go around and that can't be good for the running game. Jerry is playing huge and Chance could have another 3 or 4 picks this game. I also expect Adrian to have a breakout game both running and passing. Cordy has a huge opportunity in front of him and I figure he'll make the most of it. Bubba should rack up another 150/ 200 yards and Brandon and Elias, (who has come out of no where to become an impact player) should be the beneficiaries of Adrian's picking apart of a slow defense.
The herald newspaper slated Blake to be the best running back in the district and possibly even South Texas at the start of the season and even picked AP to win the district. Not sure what he was smoking at the time, but I hope he saved some for after the game. Julian and Bubba both, are better then him on their worst day.
If Sinton plays the first quarter like they do third quarters.......AP will check out early and so will their fans. The AP fans were leaving by the droves last year before halftime and I fully expect to see the same this time.
This is being advertised as one of the games of the week ,so Pirates give them a full dose of Pirate football and not just one quarter. Good Luck!

sinton66
10-17-2002, 07:45 PM
I had not heard about that newspaper article. That's a riot. An all-stater in the Sinton backfield, and Blake's a better back? I don't think so. Sounds like another "Mack the hack" opinion. :D

<small>[ October 17, 2002, 09:59 PM: Message edited by: sinton66 ]</small>

SINTON81
10-18-2002, 01:15 AM
I say Sinton 35 A-P 7.

pirate4state
10-18-2002, 04:41 PM
2 hours 45 minutes to kick off!! It is awfully windy out there...Wonder if it'll rain? GO PIRATES!! :D

<small>[ October 18, 2002, 04:42 PM: Message edited by: pirate4state ]</small>

tap_tx_sinton
10-18-2002, 08:29 PM
Way to go Sinton. Good luck in tonights game at AP. Should be a good game.