PDA

View Full Version : Clyde Baseball

BigAbe79
04-12-2005, 11:22 AM
the state better keep their eyes on the clyde baseball and softball programs they are both coming off impressive victorys over wylie and are leading in the lead for the district championship. The softball girls have a fresh pitcher who is unbelivible on the mound and will be a d1 player for sure the team is blessed with one of the best coaches in the state with their solid defense and high powered offense wich has beat district rival sweetwater by 20 points is set to go deep into the playoffs. The baseball team is led by pitcher justin baze whol led clyde to a 4 3 victory over the heavily favored wylie bulldogs this team has been the underdogs in every game they have played but are holding it toghether and in a district as good as this one who ever survives and makes it to the playoffs or the district championship has a great chance to go very deep. kepp it up bulldogs.....Hold the Rope

oh well
04-12-2005, 11:59 AM
CLYDE is playing very well right now. Both programs are making noise in the district.

Black_Magic
04-12-2005, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by BigAbe79
the state better keep their eyes on the clyde baseball and softball programs they are both coming off impressive victorys over wylie and are leading in the lead for the district championship. The softball girls have a fresh pitcher who is unbelivible on the mound and will be a d1 player for sure the team is blessed with one of the best coaches in the state with their solid defense and high powered offense wich has beat district rival sweetwater by 20 points is set to go deep into the playoffs. The baseball team is led by pitcher justin baze whol led clyde to a 4 3 victory over the heavily favored wylie bulldogs this team has been the underdogs in every game they have played but are holding it toghether and in a district as good as this one who ever survives and makes it to the playoffs or the district championship has a great chance to go very deep. kepp it up bulldogs.....Hold the Rope where have you been? We have not heard from you sence about the middle of football season....

wildstangs
04-12-2005, 08:49 PM
Anyone know how the Sweetwater - Snyder baseball game came out tonight? Looks like the winner will have the inside track to the third playoff spot.

Snyder_TigerFan
04-12-2005, 10:48 PM
Looks like Snyder won, 5-4.

TheDOCTORdre
04-12-2005, 10:51 PM
Originally posted by Snyder_TigerFan
Looks like Snyder won, 5-4.
boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Snyder_TigerFan
04-12-2005, 10:53 PM
HAhaha....way to go tigers! I figured they would win the second matchup.

AggieJohn
04-13-2005, 02:14 AM
good

injuredinmelee
04-13-2005, 07:14 AM
Originally posted by Black_Magic
where have you been? We have not heard from you sence about the middle of football season....

He is one of the kids that kept memorializing the fact that Clyde had beat Wylie the year before and was insistent that they were gonna do it again this year. Take a look back at their record. I think they only had one win over a class 3A opponent.

As far as Wylie beng heavily favored I dont think Wylie is heavily favored over anyone this spring in baseball. They only had two or three wins in predistrict play. Congrats on the win though. It is nice that you base your entire seasons on wether or not you beat Wylie.

injuredinmelee
04-13-2005, 07:17 AM
I think the three baseball playoff spots are a toss up. any of 4 teams could take them.

Also a girls district golf note. Congrats to the Snyder I, Sweetwater, and Snyder II teams for finishing 1 2 3 in the district tourney. Some of the Snyder girls had outstanding rounds at Fairway Oaks Counry Club. The guys can attest to how tough this tract is. The boys played round two of their district tourney here last week in 35 mph hour winds and a temp that never got abouve 50 degrees.

Black_Magic
04-13-2005, 08:57 AM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
As far as Wylie beng heavily favored I dont think Wylie is heavily favored over anyone this spring in baseball. They only had two or three wins in predistrict play. Congrats on the win though. It is nice that you base your entire seasons on wether or not you beat Wylie. I think Wylie should be favored. Heck when your a 4a school playing 3a schools you should win alot of games;)

mainevent33
04-13-2005, 09:08 AM
I agree................ ne school that has twice as many students as everyone else in their district should be a favorite........... also when their varsity has as many players as your freshmen, JV, and varsity squads combined you should be considered a favorite as well................ The baseball team this year as played a couple of close games which we managed to win, which in the last couple of years we would have ended up losing........ which is a testiment to the team we have this year and the great job our coache's are doin

pero chato
04-13-2005, 09:29 AM
Originally posted by mainevent33
I agree................ ne school that has twice as many students as everyone else in their district should be a favorite........... also when their varsity has as many players as your freshmen, JV, and varsity squads combined you should be considered a favorite as well................ The baseball team this year as played a couple of close games which we managed to win, which in the last couple of years we would have ended up losing........ which is a testiment to the team we have this year and the great job our coache's are doin

Here we go with the numbers game again....Wylie does not have twice the number of students of everyone else in the district, including Clyde. Merkel is the only school that we double up on and they're not on here whining about "enrollment" numbers. Wylie has a lot of participation in baseball (and all sports) and that is based on a strong community little league program. Although our talent pool is wide, that doesn't necessarily mean it is deep. Wylie obviously lacks pitching depth this year regardless of how many players are on the team. Errors are another problem. In the Clyde/Wylie game all of Clyde's runs were unearned. HOWEVER, I will congratulate Clyde's pitching and defense for getting the job done. I can't say it's un upset, especially since Wylie isn't even .500 this season. Who knows, this may be Clyde's year in baseball and softball. Good luck!

Black_Magic
04-13-2005, 10:03 AM
Wylie will dip under the 4a mark next year too. Just long enough for the count to be made then back up again. Wylie had 940 at one point in the year this year but im sure it will dip back down again next fall so the can do the limbo under the bar. They have been doing it for the past 6 years so they will continue to do it.

TheDOCTORdre
04-13-2005, 10:10 AM
Also a girls district golf note. Congrats to the Snyder I, Sweetwater, and Snyder II teams for finishing 1 2 3 in the district tourney.
Hey do you know if Mercer from Sweetwater won medalist title?

pero chato
04-13-2005, 10:24 AM
Wylie will dip under the 4a mark next year too. Just long enough for the count to be made then back up again. Wylie had 940 at one point in the year this year but im sure it will dip back down again next fall so the can do the limbo under the bar. They have been doing it for the past 6 years so they will continue to do it.

PLEASE HURRY! Report your "facts" immediately to the UIL so that they can launch an investigation. The only goal that the Wylie administrators have for the students is to remain 3A ---I guess so we can win district. That's why they "cheat" every alignment year.
By the way, how can we do the limbo under the bar when no one knows where the bar is set?
One more side note, go back and check the history of Wylie/Snyder football games. I'm not sure but I think we started playing each other around '91. That would mean that in looking at the entire history of the matchups, Snyder has had a larger enrollment than Wylie. I'm not even concerned with the win/loss records of the games, the point is Wylie has played Snyder more times when Snyder was 4A than when both were (are) 3A, and amazingly enough, we did it without crying about Snyder being a big bad 4A school!

Black_Magic
04-13-2005, 10:50 AM
Snyder played wylie in 2002 when they were 4A and wylie was "3A" and Wylie had 140 more than Snyder at that point. Look , Believe what you want. Just about everyone els in West TX knows about it and it has just about become a joke as to how Wylie does the Limbo under the bar. Im sure it will continue. Snyder and Sweetwater will just have to continue to get more mileage per player as has been the case to continue to win vs Wylie.:p So , you just go ahead and try to convince everyone of what you want. Heck you got to know better. Just look at your numbers you have on the field.. you have 3 times the #s on the field as everyone you play, even the larger 3As.. Dont worry. You can Stay 3A with your 4A #s. Snyder beat most of the 4As they played last year. Snyder has no problem puting 4As on the schedule so Im sure They can handle a 4A in 3A clothing.:D

pero chato
04-13-2005, 11:27 AM
Snyder played wylie in 2002 when they were 4A and wylie was "3A" and Wylie had 140 more than Snyder at that point. Look , Believe what you want. Just about everyone els in West TX knows about it and it has just about become a joke as to how Wylie does the Limbo under the bar. Im sure it will continue. Snyder and Sweetwater will just have to continue to get more mileage per player as has been the case to continue to win vs Wylie.:p So , you just go ahead and try to convince everyone of what you want. Heck you got to know better. Just look at your numbers you have on the field.. you have 3 times the #s on the field as everyone you play, even the larger 3As.. Dont worry. You can Stay 3A with your 4A #s. Snyder beat most of the 4As they played last year. Snyder has no problem puting 4As on the schedule so Im sure They can handle a 4A in 3A clothing.:D

Did you not read ANYTHING I wrote???? If everyone knows about our "cheating" and it's such a big joke, then it should be real easy to prove. Why did you pull 2002 as the only year to compare enrollments? OK we had a larger enrollment than Snyder in 2002. How about the previous 10 years? OK we have a large number of players on the sidelines. Did you know that the JV seniors suit up for varsity games (but don't play) and stand on the sidelines? That's why we have duplicate jersey numbers. Also, during playoffs, all JV players suit up and are on the sidelines, but none play. Makes it look like a lot of players. And so what if we have a high participation rate? We have a successful program. That's because of great coaching, tradition, training facilities, etc. I will concede that a large enrollment CAN be an advantage, but look at Sealy's four state championships in a row--all without the largest enrollment. Wichita Falls Rider had the largest 3A enrollment, and where did they end up? And by the way, I don't have to convince anyone of anything. You're the one slinging unfounded accusations around. And once again--how can we do the limbo under the bar when it is raised every year and no one knows where it is set? It's really not that difficult---PLEASE report us to the UIL or shut the h&%$ up!!

mustang04
04-13-2005, 11:40 AM
COOL IT...ALL OF YOU!!!:mad:

i dunno why yall are all complaining, in a few years Sweetwater will drop to 2a and be outta both yalls hair hehe:D jk

but honestly, Wylie does have alot, but thats part of it, i mean us in sweetwater and snyder are used to having to deal w/ just enuff guys, Wyile has alot but so does snyder compared to sweetwater, i remember asking some snyder friends how many ppl they had in their school and it was like 250-300 or more than Sweetwater,
but either way back to the TOPIC haha, if i was from Clyde i wouldnt be braggin about beating Sweetwater's softball team, although they are much improved,they arent a GREAT team...its about the same as clydes football guys stickin their chest out after playin 2a teams :rolleyes:, good luck Clyde and hope yall do as well in the playoffs as yall think, we dont want Texas thinkin 4-3a is all talk

pero chato
04-13-2005, 11:57 AM
Hey Mustang04, yeah, you're right we need to cool it. But just for the record, I called today and Wylie has 903 students in high school, yes 4A numbers, but barely. Anyway just a few months ago we in district 4-3A were all holding hands singing "Kum -ba-yah" (LOL) about our great district and wishing each other the best of luck. AND I still do have the greatest respect for all our schools. It's just time for the annual Black Magic/Pero Chato argument over the Wylie enrollment thing--that's all. We're done as far as I'm concerned. Good luck to 4-3A in everything!!

mustang04
04-13-2005, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by pero chato
Hey Mustang04, yeah, you're right we need to cool it. But just for the record, I called today and Wylie has 903 students in high school, yes 4A numbers, but barely. Anyway just a few months ago we in district 4-3A were all holding hands singing "Kum -ba-yah" (LOL) about our great district and wishing each other the best of luck. AND I still do have the greatest respect for all our schools. It's just time for the annual Black Magic/Pero Chato argument over the Wylie enrollment thing--that's all. We're done as far as I'm concerned. Good luck to 4-3A in everything!!

haha it wasnt bothering me too much, just wanted to put some say in this convo and figured that was the best way to do it.

903....hmmm, i promise you snyder isnt TOO far behind yall then, i mean they keep getting these move-ins for football hehe :D

im guessing sweetwater is still floatng around 650 give or take some

pero chato
04-13-2005, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by mustang04
haha it wasnt bothering me too much, just wanted to put some say in this convo and figured that was the best way to do it.

903....hmmm, i promise you snyder isnt TOO far behind yall then, i mean they keep getting these move-ins for football hehe :D

im guessing sweetwater is still floatng around 650 give or take some

LOL good point about Snyder's move-ins. With oil prices sky high, what if the city of Snyder rebounds and grows close or into 4A numbers. You heard it here first, and I pledge, "I will not accuse Snyder ISD of cheating on their enrollment numbers", if they indeed stay 3A.

Black_Magic
04-13-2005, 01:45 PM

im guessing sweetwater is still floatng around 650 give or take some Snyders Enrolment is 651. Coaches At Snyder and at Sweetwater Must just get more mileage per player. better coaching I guess.

Pero, I believe both Snyder and Sweetwater suit up varsity, JV, and Frosh in the play-offs but when Snyder does stretching thier lines dont extend out of the endzone and onto high jump pit areas unlike Wylie.:)

lobo12
04-13-2005, 02:05 PM
numbers is part of it, there are always gonna be smaller schools, i remember playing everman we had about 530 to their 990...the point is is that there is no way to get around it, you blame wylie but they did not put themselves in 3a, it was the uil...snyder wasnt complaining about the numbers when they won in football...you cant blame wylie for something the uil did

Adidas410s
04-13-2005, 02:20 PM
Snyders Enrolment is 651. Coaches At Snyder and at Sweetwater Must just get more mileage per player. better coaching I guess.

Please remind me when Wylie was allowed to play with more than 11 guys on the field, 5 on the court, or 9 on the diamond at ANY given point. It's sad that you can't just be happy with what you have (heck your school played football in December for the FIRST TIME EVER!!!) and instead you have to find somebody else to whine about. For the record, come to Wylie and you will find that the reason for the sudden increase in enrollment was due mainly to Dyess AFB in Abilene and a lot of kids moving in. If there is not a war going on by next February then look for a few things to happen: Wylie's enrollment to drop back to the 810-840 range it has been at for the last 5 years and the housing market in Abilene to once again be flooded with houses for sale and nobody moving in to buy them. The only area seeing any type of significant % growth is in Jim Ned. If anybody from West Texas moves UP a classification next time around it will likely be them before it is Wylie.

Black_Magic
04-13-2005, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
Please remind me when Wylie was allowed to play with more than 11 guys on the field, 5 on the court, or 9 on the diamond at ANY given point. It's sad that you can't just be happy with what you have Shoot ! It just occured to me your right! Roby and Roscoe should be playing Southlake Carol and other 5A schools because hey, you can only put 11 on the field 5 on the court, and 9 on the diamond at ANY given point. I agree with you after the fantastic point you just made. Lets do away with the classifications so that we can find the true state champs because enrolment makes no difference:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :hand:

mustang04
04-13-2005, 05:12 PM
Shoot ! It just occured to me your right! Roby and Roscoe should be playing Southlake Carol and other 5A schools because hey, you can only put 11 on the field 5 on the court, and 9 on the diamond at ANY given point. I agree with you after the fantastic point you just made. Lets do away with the classifications so that we can find the true state champs because enrolment makes no difference:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :hand:

i hate to admit it adidas, but he does gotcha there
whenever u have to pick 11 out of 25 guys to start at a certain position in football, u dont have as many options as schools that have say 50 kids.....we gotta go w/ what we got, im not bashing wylie, im just saying that ur comment was open for his retort

pero chato
04-13-2005, 05:20 PM
Shoot ! It just occured to me your right! Roby and Roscoe should be playing Southlake Carol and other 5A schools because hey, you can only put 11 on the field 5 on the court, and 9 on the diamond at ANY given point. I agree with you after the fantastic point you just made. Lets do away with the classifications so that we can find the true state champs because enrolment makes no difference:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :hand:

I believe the 7 on 7 competition is played without regard to classification, and some of the smaller schools do just fine. But yes I agree that having more to choose from is certainly an advantage--or can be if there is any talent whatsoever.

oh well
04-13-2005, 05:22 PM
I can not believe it pero & o4 agree with black magic. I am going to have to find another board now there is way to much love on this one. I am in shock still:confused:

LH Panther Mom
04-13-2005, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by oh well
I can not believe it pero & o4 agree with black magic. I am going to have to find another board now there is way to much love on this one. I am in shock still:confused:

ROFL!!! That's funny! :clap:

Adidas410s
04-13-2005, 09:24 PM
My retort was in regards to his comment saying that get "mileage per player" and that it was "better coaching." I am saying that his comment isn't logical because Wylie evidently gets plenty of "miles per player" as is indicated by their results. I am saying that they all field the same amount of players ON THE FIELD so to calculate the players who dont even play into the equation doesn't make any sense. That being said...Snyder isnt at THAT much smaller than Wylie...the kids just aren't as interested in playing sports as they are at Wylie. It's the difference in the communities...don't be so envious of The Ring!!! :p

injuredinmelee
04-13-2005, 09:45 PM

Your such a homer. NO ONE KNOWS THE NUMBERS THAT THE UIL will use every enrollment. I think Snyder cheated to get into 3A so it wouldnt look so bad when we beat you at everything year in and year out. Okay you did win this year in football but what else have yall beat Wylie at in the last 10 years?

injuredinmelee
04-13-2005, 09:52 PM
The number of kids that Wylie have going out for sports is a tribute to the fact that the coaching staff has been largely intact forever. Sandifer has been here for almost 20 years. Not all as head coach but for since at least when all these kids started kindergarten. The kids grow up knowing what to expect and grow up knowing they have a tradition to uphold. The way the Wylie fans travel and support all the sports brings kids out. They grow up going to Football games in Snyder or Merkel and want to be the kid that someday is out there for everyone to cheer for. Its all about tradition.

wildstangs
04-13-2005, 10:10 PM
Wylie has over 2000 students at the current time. When the UIL comes in to count in the fall, about 1200 will be moved to Eula (who doesn't play football) and Abilene Christian High School. At least thats what I hear......

Seriously guys...there is no way that Wylie is cheating the system. Wylie has a great coaching staff, great tradition, and they are a middle - upper class community, which is going to mean more kids come out and participate.

Just learn to respect Wylie and the great program they have. Its much better than being a hater.

Black_Magic
04-14-2005, 09:22 AM
Im hearing Limbo music in the back ground..( Daylight come and we all go home ) word is Wylie has an administrator who works with the UIL commitee who deals with the numbering. Not sure exactly how _________________________________________
*************** :cool: *****************
Limbo------>
:clap:

pero chato
04-14-2005, 10:03 AM
Im hearing Limbo music in the back ground..( Daylight come and we all go home ) word is Wylie has an administrator who works with the UIL commitee who deals with the numbering. Not sure exactly how _________________________________________
Limbo------>

...so naturally, if this is true, we now have an inside track on cheating, although it's been explained to you ad nauseum that it's impossible. YES! It's all a big conspiracy because all our administrators care about is staying 3A. I hope you're never picked for jury duty because your vote would be based on what you "have heard" instead of facts. Believe what you want, Maulder. BTW, I think I'll start a rumor about Snyder recruiting a running back to replace Walker....... Just kidding!

oh well
04-14-2005, 10:58 AM
I Hate to admit it as well but I hope BM is never picked for Jury Duty as well.

The original topic was clyde baseball not Wylie numbers or Snyder numbers. I do think Wylie will compete well in 4A Everman did this year.

injuredinmelee
04-14-2005, 11:25 AM
Limbo------>

Your Wylie administrator theory is the biggest joke I have ever heard. I thought the Merkel people came up with some asnine theories but this one tops em all. The UIL numbers are so secretive. You can forget about anyone being privy to any information whatsoever.

Jealousy is the ugliest of emotions.

:nerd:

Black_Magic
04-14-2005, 01:07 PM
Ok oh well, I would make a great addition to any Jury.. GUILTY! LOL
Why would we be Jealous?? We kicked Wylies butt this year? Snyder lost to Gilmer, and beat Wylie Thats one and one against state champions. whats to be jealous about? Your saying that me pointing out what everyone jokes about as me being Jealous...

:rolleyes: Even your own coaches have been heard joking about getting rid of numbers right before the count so you can LIMBO under the bar..:rolleyes: BUT if you want to pretend that nobody is noticing or laughing about how you always dip under the bar every year thats fine

oh well
04-14-2005, 01:10 PM
Why did you edit spelling?

pero chato
04-14-2005, 01:15 PM
And now ladies and gentlemen.........back to the thread subject.

Good luck to the Clyde baseball team. Looks like you have a shot at district--and softball, too!

injuredinmelee
04-15-2005, 07:17 AM
Ok oh well, I would make a great addition to any Jury.. GUILTY! LOL
Why would we be Jealous?? We kicked Wylies butt this year? Snyder lost to Gilmer, and beat Wylie Thats one and one against state champions. whats to be jealous about? Your saying that me pointing out what everyone jokes about as me being Jealous...

:rolleyes: Even your own coaches have been heard joking about getting rid of numbers right before the count so you can LIMBO under the bar..:rolleyes: BUT if you want to pretend that nobody is noticing or laughing about how you always dip under the bar every year thats fine

We were the 16th biggest school in 3a 4 years ago. This reenrollment i dont know what we are. You idiots think you beat Wylie one time in about the last 10 years and your the new kings of the world. Get you a winnng streak together and come back and see us. You can say all you want about who is better but the fact is that you werent even competetive in your game against Gilmer. You got blown out of the stadium. There is no way to tell who would have beaten who unless they play. The 3 and 4 team playoff system is set up morons to make assumptions like well we beat yall and they beat us so you couldnt beat them. Snyders season in itself is proof that your theory is crap. ITs all about how you play that one night. We got it done when we had too and you got it done that one night at Bulldog stadium that apparently made your season. Snyder had a great run and I was rooting for them the whole way but people like you making moronic statements constantly because you have to have a whizzing contest just make me sick. Wylie doesnt cheat to stay in 4A. There are alot of peple that want Wylie in 4A and I am one of them.

injuredinmelee
04-15-2005, 07:18 AM
[

:rolleyes: Even your own coaches have been heard joking about getting rid of numbers right before the count so you can LIMBO under the bar..:rolleyes: BUT if you want to pretend that nobody is noticing or laughing about how you always dip under the bar every year thats fine [/B][/QUOTE]

Do they jke because they are tired of getting it handed to them season in and season out in every sport. Oh i forgot the one night evebn a dogs butt got some sun,

Black_Magic
04-15-2005, 08:55 AM
We were the 16th biggest school in 3a 4 years ago. This reenrollment i dont know what we are.

Get you a winnng streak together and come back and see us. You can say all you want about who is better but the fact is that you werent even competetive in your game against Gilmer.
You got blown out of the stadium Snyders season in itself is proof that your theory is crap.

ITs all about how you play that one night. We got it done when we had too and you got it done that one night at Bulldog stadium that apparently made your season.

1) I believe Wylie is in the top 5 largest this time around even after the exodus just prior to the count.

2)I think Snyder has had a nice winning streak and record and Snyders Record last season that you refer to in your post as to my theory ( what theaory is that by the way?) being crap, was 12 wins and 3 losses and a district championship is good by any standard. Did Wylie have a better win loss record than 12-3?

3)How did you do against Gilmer? Oh , you didnt play them. Thank God for that ! Who did beat Gilmer last year?? NOBODY.. So Snyder got beat by Gilmer like Jasper and Tatum ect... So that means what?? Snyder Beat Wylie in the one matchup last year. was that the game of the season?? not at all. Ask any of the Tigers what the highlight of the season and fewer than 1/3 of them will say Beating Wylie. They believed they would win that game even at the half time. Heck the stats were proof that Snyder was out playing Wylie all game long except a couple of long plays. So your flatering yourself way to much when you say its Snyders whole season to beat Wylie. If you ask Snyders folks and Players they will tell you Sweetwater and Gilmer are better teams than Wylie. Your lucky to have not lost two district games to both us and Sweetwater.
Again I want to say Snyder does not shy from playing 4A schools and beat them most of the time. we dont mind playing a 4a in 3a clothing. I just think its funny how wylie people dont realize what a joke it has become as to Wylie plaing 3a ball when everybody knows and sees what is going on. If you want to pretend I dont mind. We can handle 4a schools fine. Heck we beat Andrews, and Estacado, and you guys ( oh yea , your not 4a are you so that does not count as a victory over one :rolleyes: )

mustang04
04-15-2005, 09:40 AM
I Hate to admit it as well but I hope BM is never picked for Jury Duty as well.

The original topic was clyde baseball not Wylie numbers or Snyder numbers. I do think Wylie will compete well in 4A Everman did this year.

but who cares about Clyde's baseball...HONESTLY, hahaha jk they are a part of 4-3a just like sweetwater, snyder, merkel, and Wylie

yall still arguing about numbers, i mean Wylie does have a crapload of players, but they have the ring regardless, so i mean that kinda ends the arguement

hey BM and Pero, im on both yalls sides, or in the middle actually, cuz Sweetwater almost is PRECISELY between abilene and snyder, bout 30 minutes to either town from sweetwater, but thats beside the subject

mustang04
04-15-2005, 09:45 AM
We can handle 4a schools fine. Heck we beat Andrews, and Estacado, and you guys ( oh yea , your not 4a are you so that does not count as a victory over one :rolleyes: )

i have one small objection, Andrews wouldnt have really been a decent 3a this past year, it was crazy, when i was a senior they were like one of the best teams in 4a, then this year they go to crap, cuz i promise u if they were half as good this year as they were last year, no 3a woulda hung w/ them, but yall DID beat wylie......this is one thing i hate, the whole playoff system, i mean like Wylie going D1 then sweetwater and snyder going D2 ending up having to play each other, either way, all 3 teams had their weapons and all 3 teams were really good

TheDOCTORdre
04-15-2005, 10:22 AM
i have one small objection, Andrews wouldnt have really been a decent 3a this past year, it was crazy, when i was a senior they were like one of the best teams in 4a
that Andrews team our Senior year was good, too bad they got busted for drugs(I dont really mean too bad cause its good that they got busted for doing such a thing but I meant too bad for the team as a whole), they would have made noise in the playoffs

injuredinmelee
04-15-2005, 03:49 PM
1) I believe Wylie is in the top 5 largest this time around even after the exodus just prior to the count.

2)I think Snyder has had a nice winning streak and record and Snyders Record last season that you refer to in your post as to my theory ( what theaory is that by the way?) being crap, was 12 wins and 3 losses and a district championship is good by any standard. Did Wylie have a better win loss record than 12-3?

3)How did you do against Gilmer? Oh , you didnt play them. Thank God for that ! Who did beat Gilmer last year?? NOBODY.. So Snyder got beat by Gilmer like Jasper and Tatum ect... So that means what?? Snyder Beat Wylie in the one matchup last year. was that the game of the season?? not at all. Ask any of the Tigers what the highlight of the season and fewer than 1/3 of them will say Beating Wylie. They believed they would win that game even at the half time. Heck the stats were proof that Snyder was out playing Wylie all game long except a couple of long plays. So your flatering yourself way to much when you say its Snyders whole season to beat Wylie. If you ask Snyders folks and Players they will tell you Sweetwater and Gilmer are better teams than Wylie. Your lucky to have not lost two district games to both us and Sweetwater.
Again I want to say Snyder does not shy from playing 4A schools and beat them most of the time. we dont mind playing a 4a in 3a clothing. I just think its funny how wylie people dont realize what a joke it has become as to Wylie plaing 3a ball when everybody knows and sees what is going on. If you want to pretend I dont mind. We can handle 4a schools fine. Heck we beat Andrews, and Estacado, and you guys ( oh yea , your not 4a are you so that does not count as a victory over one :rolleyes: )

If you dont have a hometown ref you lose to Merkel and dont
make the playoffs.

TheDOCTORdre
04-15-2005, 04:02 PM
If you dont have a hometown ref you lose to Merkel .
back at ya concerning the Wylie Sweetwater game

pero chato
04-15-2005, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by TheDOCTORdre
back at ya concerning the Wylie Sweetwater game

I would disagree with both of you on this one. The Wylie/Sweetwater game was called fairly although I know some Sweetwater fans saw some unpenalized late hits, which I don't deny happened. But guess what we saw; well, holding on some of the countless Sweetwater sweeps that wasn't called. All a matter of perspective. As far as the Snyder/Merkel game. I wasn't there but from what I gather, it was a tough call. As it turns out, I don't think Merkel would have done as well as Snyder did. No disrespect to the Merkel program, I just think Snyder had the better team and was the better representative from the district. What scary about all this is that Black Magic might actually agree with me on this. LOL!

Black_Magic
04-16-2005, 07:33 AM
If you dont have a hometown ref you lose to Merkel and dont
make the playoffs. I know all the refs for all the games were from abilene. I believe all the refs for all the 4-3a games this year were from the abilene chapter of officials. So YES IT WAS HOME TOWN.. YOUR HOME TOWN!! LOL LOL . So was the official who threw out our OT at your place this year . Remember when your DT got so frustrated because he was getting spanked so bad by our all district OT that the had to throw a few punches. I guess he hadnt had his butt pushed up and down the field like before..They ejected your boy right away and then after sandifer did all his crying ( he by the way is the biggest cry baby of a coach to the officials in west texas ) they came back from Wylies sidline and threw out ( Garcia ) our OT too. but we stil kicked your butts now didnt we.:D I believe the official who called the two TDs back that sweetwater had on you was an Abilene offical too.. SO your the last fella who should talk about home town officials Boy.. your licky to even made the playoffs if you look at it that way.:clap: I sure hope you Wylie folks keep the attitude that your kings of the world and keep forgetting everything past your last game. Its what will get you beat by Snyder and Sweetwater

Adidas410s
04-16-2005, 10:35 AM
I know all the refs for all the games were from abilene. I believe all the refs for all the 4-3a games this year were from the abilene chapter of officials. So YES IT WAS HOME TOWN.. YOUR HOME TOWN!! LOL LOL . So was the official who threw out our OT at your place this year . Remember when your DT got so frustrated because he was getting spanked so bad by our all district OT that the had to throw a few punches. I guess he hadnt had his butt pushed up and down the field like before..They ejected your boy right away and then after sandifer did all his crying ( he by the way is the biggest cry baby of a coach to the officials in west texas ) they came back from Wylies sidline and threw out ( Garcia ) our OT too. but we stil kicked your butts now didnt we.:D I believe the official who called the two TDs back that sweetwater had on you was an Abilene offical too.. SO your the last fella who should talk about home town officials Boy.. your licky to even made the playoffs if you look at it that way.:clap: I sure hope you Wylie folks keep the attitude that your kings of the world and keep forgetting everything past your last game. Its what will get you beat by Snyder and Sweetwater

And come to Abilene sometime and ask followers of Abilene High/Cooper how they feel about Wylie and AT BEST they will tell you that they don't care. Most people in Abilene aren't the biggest fans of Wylie so this would negate your "hometown refs" theory. Yes they are from Abilene BUT they are NOT from Wylie. There are VERY few refs in the Abliene chapter that live in Wylie and they are not allowed to call Wylie games. It is the same thing for AHS/Cooper game as it eliminates about 70% of the refs from consideration for calling the game. These are facts but so PLEASE try and present one for once. All you can offer is hearsay and rumors...but NO FACTS! Until then, enjoy your small town gossip talk but PLEASE save yourself face and don't try and present it as facts.

oh well
04-16-2005, 11:10 AM
Here is a FACT Snyder played wylie in the QUarter Finals 2003 all officals were from Abilene and one was on the wylie school board on Snyder sidelines. SO is he not a wylie fan. Is he one of the do not care about wylie theory? There is a FACt FOR YOU.

oh well
04-16-2005, 01:00 PM
Facts sure keep people quiet huh

Black_Magic
04-16-2005, 01:42 PM
Here is a FACT Snyder played wylie in the QUarter Finals 2003 all officals were from Abilene and one was on the wylie school board on Snyder sidelines. SO is he not a wylie fan. Is he one of the do not care about wylie theory? There is a FACt FOR YOU. :eek: :eek: :eek: .. there is a FACT of a home town ref.. That is true. I remember that. You still said Snyder had home refs in the merkel game and you cant name one snyder ref who called the game. so practice what you preach adidas.

Adidas410s
04-16-2005, 11:31 PM
Facts sure keep people quiet huh

NO...actually driving to Dallas for the w/e and having a life outside this board kept me quiet. However, please feel free to tell me who you are referring to because I know the Wylie school board and NONE of them officiate sports. Even if they did, for a playoff game BOTH coaches would have to agree on the officials so you can blame your own coaches for this occuring

Adidas410s
04-16-2005, 11:33 PM
:eek: :eek: :eek: .. there is a FACT of a home town ref.. That is true. I remember that. You still said Snyder had home refs in the merkel game and you cant name one snyder ref who called the game. so practice what you preach adidas.

Also, I stated nothing in regards to the Snyder/Merkel game nor do I care in the least about that meaningless game (for me at least). I have no clue what chapter the officials came from and I know that there is not a TASO chapter in Snyder so they would have been from San Angelo, Abilene, Midland, or Lubbock. Take your pick...

superslyguy06
04-16-2005, 11:58 PM
hey guys, scroll down some and you'll see the thread I started for this crap.

Black_Magic
04-18-2005, 07:58 AM
Also, I stated nothing in regards to the Snyder/Merkel game nor do I care in the least about that meaningless game (for me at least). I have no clue what chapter the officials came from and I know that there is not a TASO chapter in Snyder so they would have been from San Angelo, Abilene, Midland, or Lubbock. Take your pick... The whole point is that people from Wylie should not be crying about Snyder or anyone having home town officials when A Wylie School board member officiated a Quarter final game in 2003 . This is brought up because of your merkel alegation. Wylie is the last school in the district who should cry about officals. thats the only point

mustang04
04-18-2005, 11:30 AM
And come to Abilene sometime and ask followers of Abilene High/Cooper how they feel about Wylie and AT BEST they will tell you that they don't care. Most people in Abilene aren't the biggest fans of Wylie so this would negate your "hometown refs" theory. Yes they are from Abilene BUT they are NOT from Wylie. There are VERY few refs in the Abliene chapter that live in Wylie and they are not allowed to call Wylie games. It is the same thing for AHS/Cooper game as it eliminates about 70% of the refs from consideration for calling the game. These are facts but so PLEASE try and present one for once. All you can offer is hearsay and rumors...but NO FACTS! Until then, enjoy your small town gossip talk but PLEASE save yourself face and don't try and present it as facts.

I DISAGREE!....i remember when Wylie was supposed to be all that my junior year and we played them at home in sweetwater and WHOOPED them, our RB Josh Jackson had like 3 touchdowns in like 5 minutes towards the end, and that night, you could tell it crushed the sportscaster on KTXS News 12, they didnt even show our highlights, Wylie has more Abilene supporters than you think

superslyguy06
04-18-2005, 06:45 PM
no trust me, I lived there long enough to know that most abilene people don't give a damn about wylie