PDA

View Full Version : Navasota vs Wharton

punt
10-03-2003, 10:18 AM
How is this game going to match up? Wharton had a really big win last week. Wondering how strong Wharton really is.

Gobbla2001
10-03-2003, 10:21 AM
From what I've heard of both teams, I'd have to say Nava-Soda-Pop...

But we'll see...

IF Wharton can win this game big, then I'd Say stick Wharton up in the same group with Burnet, Bellville and Rice Consolidated cuz they'd be some bad boys...

CentralTxFan
10-03-2003, 10:58 AM
How long a drive is it from Navasota to Wharton?

Bellville22
10-03-2003, 11:42 AM
Haven't seen either of these teams play yet, but I've heard alot about both, and hear both are pretty solid.

Navasota is a power running team. They feature the very talented Chris Smith, and if I remember right, their QB is pretty solid too.

Wharton I think throws the ball quite a bit. Which I think will cause match up problems for Navasota. Talked to someone who saw them play, and said they're big and athletic.

Should be a good one, I'll take the Tigers....

Wharton 27
Navasota 21

punt
10-03-2003, 01:03 PM
CenTex, it is probably 95-100 miles to Wharton from Navasota.

Should be a chance for Navasota to see how their offense does against some big boys and how their defense does against a pass offense. They should know what they need to work on for the big Bellville game cause thats what they will go up against with the Bulls.

Brahma73
10-03-2003, 02:10 PM
I saw Wharton absolutely destroy Columbus in the first game of the season. Field position and turnovers early got the Cards in trouble, and they were never on the field in this one. Wharton is very big and athletic, and they have lots of skill players, including a QB with a cannon. He threw the ball right through many receivers' hands that night.
Vs. Navasota they'll need to be more polished and disciplined on both sides of the ball. Their exciting, but they're a little sandlot at times. They certainly do have hosses though. I would expect a close one.

Brahma73
10-03-2003, 02:27 PM
OK, I'll make a wild prediction:
Navasota 23
Wharton 20

Matthew328
10-03-2003, 07:26 PM
Navasota by 2 TD's..the Rattlers are for real

BrahmaMom
10-03-2003, 08:18 PM
I hope there are some Brahmas in the stands in Wharton tonight taking notes! We gotta take care of Columbus first, but it doesn't hurt to scout a future opponent. 22, I'm counting on you to be there, don't let me down. You could really be a help to our team here. I'd be interested to hear your analysis.