PDA

View Full Version : Looking for some Information

TheDOCTORdre
04-11-2005, 12:05 PM
I was wondering if anyone one the board knows anything about lucid dreaming, and if so could they share the information. For those of you who dont know, lucid dreaming is when you are aware of the fact that you are dreaming and can control your dreams

Bandera YaYa
04-11-2005, 12:07 PM
Hmmmmmm.......what ya smoking there, Doc???? :eek: :D

mustang68
04-11-2005, 12:20 PM
Dre Your looking a whole lot like a Shaman you should already know :D

onfirebball05mustang
04-11-2005, 12:33 PM
what info are ya looking for on lucid dreams? i may be able to help

AP Panther Fan
04-11-2005, 12:40 PM
After you posed the question, I looked on the internet and there is a ton of info out there. Interesting subject......:thinking:

Ranger Mom
04-11-2005, 12:51 PM
What is it called when a dream has a less than satisfactory ending and you wake up and go back to sleep and change how it ends??

I'm being serious here! I dreamed several years that my son was ran over by an 18 wheeler..it was terrible. I woke up in a panic with my heart racing 100 mph.

I made myself go back to sleep and end the dream where he was alive. In my dream ending, my best friends husband who is a fireman blew him back up like you would and air mattress and he was good to go!!

onfirebball05mustang
04-11-2005, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
What is it called when a dream has a less than satisfactory ending and you wake up and go back to sleep and change how it ends??

I'm being serious here! I dreamed several years that my son was ran over by an 18 wheeler..it was terrible. I woke up in a panic with my heart racing 100 mph.

I made myself go back to sleep and end the dream where he was alive. In my dream ending, my best friends husband who is a fireman blew him back up like you would and air mattress and he was good to go!!

i know you're serious, but that's a funny mental picture! lol

District303aPastPlayer
04-11-2005, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by onfirebball05mustang

true... i had to laugh... not funny stuff... but i had to laugh...

Ranger Mom
04-11-2005, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by onfirebball05mustang

LOL! I know.

I can laugh at it now, but it was traumatic when it happened!!

AP Panther Fan
04-11-2005, 01:15 PM
One of the most fascinating potentials offered by lucid dreaming is the ability to voluntary control dreaming. It may be possible to dream anything you choose, as the Tibetan dream yogis believe. But before you can try it, you need to be able to remain asleep and retain lucidity!

Novice lucid dreamers often wake up the moment they become lucid. They can recognize lucidity clues, apply state tests, and conclude that they are dreaming, but are frustrated because they wake up or fall into nonlucid sleep soon after achieving lucidity. However, this obstacle is only temporary. With experience, you can develop the capacity to stay in the dream longer. There are also specific techniques that appear to help prevent premature awakening. If you continue to apply will and attention to your practice you should be able to refine your lucid dreaming skills.

Ranger Mom, this most closely resembles what you described as far as I can tell. You didn't like the outcome....so you changed it.;)

pirate44
04-11-2005, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by TheDOCTORdre
I was wondering if anyone one the board knows anything about lucid dreaming, and if so could they share the information. For those of you who dont know, lucid dreaming is when you are aware of the fact that you are dreaming and can control your dreams
when i was a kid and i would have a scarey dream (ie. monster chasing me etc.) there was always a car i could get in with the key hidden under the floor mat. i would turn on the ignition and be able to wake up. when i got older i was able to realize i was dreaming but could only control them to an extent. i had some pretty sickening dreams last night and i attribute them to being way too tired

onfirebball05mustang
04-11-2005, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by pirate44
when i was a kid and i would have a scarey dream (ie. monster chasing me etc.) there was always a car i could get in with the key hidden under the floor mat. i would turn on the ignition and be able to wake up. when i got older i was able to realize i was dreaming but could only control them to an extent. i had some pretty sickening dreams last night and i attribute them to being way too tired

Mom always attributes that to eating ice cream or popcorn after 8...you never know!

Z motion 10 out on 2
04-11-2005, 02:30 PM
I experience lucid dreaming all the time. Of course I don't have any scientific information on it, but I do control my dreams. For many years I have told my wife about this happening. Somewhat like Ranger Mom described if a dream doesn't go like I like it I change it. But I do this without waking up. I do it all while asleep. I always have great dreams!!

Pretty neat that this subject came up. I never knew that it even had a name.

AP Panther Fan
04-11-2005, 02:59 PM
Here's one that I have had numerous times and it is truly an awful feeling.:(

Sleep Paralysis: During REM sleep the body is paralyzed by a mechanism in the brain, because otherwise the movements which occur in the dream would actually cause the body to move (the eyes are not paralyzed, which causes rapid eye movement (REM) itself). However, it is possible for this mechanism to be triggered before, during, or after normal sleep while the brain awakens. This can lead to a state where a person is lying in their bed and they feel like they are frozen. Hallucinations may occur in this state, especially auditory ones. People also generally report feeling a crushing sensation on their chest (possibly because they try to consciously control their breathing).

rockdale80
04-11-2005, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by Z motion 10 out on 2
I experience lucid dreaming all the time. Of course I don't have any scientific information on it, but I do control my dreams. For many years I have told my wife about this happening. Somewhat like Ranger Mom described if a dream doesn't go like I like it I change it. But I do this without waking up. I do it all while asleep. I always have great dreams!!

Pretty neat that this subject came up. I never knew that it even had a name.

I had no idea it had a name either. My girlfriend told me I was crazy when I told her about it. And no matter how the dream is going I am in control of what is happening around me.