PDA

View Full Version : Wireless companies

pirate4state
04-11-2005, 10:39 AM
Okay guys & gals it is time for me to switch wireless companies and I thought I'd ask for your suggestions on which company to go with. I am currently with Nextel and no longer have the use for the radio feature so I'm looking for a more traditional cell phone & plan. I've looked at Cingular & T-mobile. I've had Verizon in the past & do not want Sprint.

SO...

which company are you with and do you have any horror stories or happy stories to share?? :D

I hate looking at all these plans & phones. :(

HELP!!

District303aPastPlayer
04-11-2005, 10:48 AM
Too late (http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=27862&highlight=TMobile)
go there... its a thread that we had about a week or so ago... it tells ya most of what ya need to know

jason
04-11-2005, 10:49 AM
ive used cingular for 4+ years...never had any problems, i love my phone, and its all fairly cheap (i have a $29.99 plan).....and i just got a new FREE phone....

44INAROW
04-11-2005, 11:07 AM
We have cingular on the family plan and are happy - most of our friends and son's friends have it so it is very convenient and free minutes on mobile to mobile. Nextel does not have any service in our area. Oldest son and his wife have Sprint and they have lots of dead areas.

pirate4state
04-11-2005, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
Too late (http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=27862&highlight=TMobile)
go there... its a thread that we had about a week or so ago... it tells ya most of what ya need to know
I didn't have internet service at the time that thread was started so thanks for the link.

I'm not "too late" for anything dork - I was just asking a question. :rolleyes: :tongue: :p

superslyguy06
04-11-2005, 02:03 PM
hey Pirate, talk to adidas, he'll sell you a phone from cingular for sure.

ILS1
04-11-2005, 04:29 PM
I've had Sprint for 7 1/2 years. I'm really considering switching to Cingular. But I wanna check out how Sprint is gonna handle their recent merger with Nextel, when it becomes official. It looks like their coverage area is gonna almost double here in the Central Texas area. It's gonna cover alot of the "dead spots". Plus,there are a couple of Nextel's phones I really like.

:)

AP Panther Fan
04-11-2005, 04:41 PM
I have the cingular family plan also. I would probably be happy with it IF my kids would quit downloading stuff and text messaging...:thinking:

Anyway, we could talk for free if you go with cingular. One thing though, if you get a new phone ... let me show you "what not to get" ... mine is awful.:rolleyes: :D

Ranger Mom
04-11-2005, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by ILS1
I've had Sprint for 7 1/2 years. I'm really considering switching to Cingular. But I wanna check out how Sprint is gonna handle their recent merger with Nextel, when it becomes official. It looks like their coverage area is gonna almost double here in the Central Texas area. It's gonna cover alot of the "dead spots". Plus,there are a couple of Nextel's phones I really like.

:)

I have had Sprint for 5 years and have been pleased. I have a couple of dead areas out around Pecos and Fort Stockton...but am "in range" all the way to the Dallas area.

Leopards,class of 75
04-11-2005, 05:49 PM
I have had Sprint for about 7 years. The best part about my service with Sprint is how clear the calls are. I had Cingular before and it cut out more and dropped more calls. You can travel across most of the U.S.A. and talk for free on Sprint. They will even be better when they are hooked up with Nextel.