PDA

View Full Version : Which two teams will meet in the Super Bowl?

Leopards,class of 75
01-11-2004, 11:37 PM
Colts or Patroits? Eagles or the Panthers?

District303aPastPlayer
01-12-2004, 12:25 AM
my best guess... the AFC champ vs. the NFC champs

husker_football_fan
01-12-2004, 01:04 AM
colts, and the eagles both of their QB's deserve to play in the big game

Leopards,class of 75
01-12-2004, 07:24 AM
I agree with you Husker on the Q.B.s playing good enough to be there! For two playoff games in a roll, the Colts did not have to use their punter Hunter Smith (from Sherman,Tx.) This has got to be a first. The Eagles vrs. the Colts would make a great Super Bowl match-up.

poncho
01-12-2004, 07:50 AM
Eagles and Panthers... Panthers have been playing inspired ball. They are mostly healthy. Jake QB) is reading defenses well. On defense they have the guys to stop the run. The Eagles look tough, but will have trouble stopping the Panthers rushing attack, which will open up a good passing attack of late.

Colts and Patriots I'm pulling for the Colts they seem to have it together on both sides of the ball, as do the Patriots. Winner....the one who avoids mistakes. Colts and Panthers in the SUPER BOWL!!!!!PF

<small>[ January 12, 2004, 06:51 AM: Message edited by: poncho ]</small>

Kool Tarpon 21
01-12-2004, 09:39 AM
I would like to see the Eagles face the Patriots in the Super Bowl. I'm rooting for both of them.

Bellville22
01-12-2004, 11:30 AM
Panthers vs. Eagles: I really wanted to see the Pack make it to the big game, but IMHO, they coached themselves out of the one yesterday, awful. The Eagles are a solid, veteran team, with tremendous coaching, and homefield advantage. I like McNabb, and I would love to see him get to the big game. But the Panthers, esp. if Davis is healthy, can run it right down your throat. This is Philly's huge weak spot. GB did it, and should have done it much more. Car. will. And unlike GB, Carolina has a front 4 that can get to McNabb with out the blitz, which will allow them to spy McNabb.

I like the Panthers.

Colts vs. Patriots: Classic matchup of great offense vs. great defense, and we all know....'defense wins championships!' Manning and the Colts have been rolling, but this week it's not gonna be in the dome, or bright and sunny like in KC. It's gonna be cold, very cold, and probably miserable. They handle road games and hostile environments well, but the Pats defense is really good. I'd love to see the Colts win, but don't see it happening.

I'll take the Patriots.

My pick: New England vs. Carolina.

Titans
01-12-2004, 11:35 AM
Panthers vs. Patriots

One, I think the Eagles are overrated and aren't really all that good.

2nd - although Manning is on fire, he's also on fire against defenses not even on the same level as New England.

Then again, is the Super Bowl about football anyway? I thought it was ONLY about the parties....YOOOOHOOOO!

turbostud
01-12-2004, 11:40 AM
Colts vs. Panthers
If the Colts keep playing the way they have the last two weeks I dont think anyone can beat them.

sportsguru
01-12-2004, 01:10 PM
New England will eliminate Indianapolis next week. The Colts offense is clicking and have been awesome the last couple of weeks, but the New England defense is tough. They will stop manning and the Colts. The New England offense will be able to score whenever they want to because the Colts have major concerns on defense and on special teams. Look for a td on a punt or kickoff return for the Patriots. Also, it will be cold, very cold. The Colts lucked out by having teps in the mid 50's at K.C. New England 34 Colts 24......
Philadelphia 27 Panthers 13, this will be boring....

Keith7
01-12-2004, 01:37 PM
Titans:
Panthers vs. Patriots

One, I think the Eagles are overrated and aren't really all that good.

2nd - although Manning is on fire, he's also on fire against defenses not even on the same level as New England.

Then again, is the Super Bowl about football anyway? I thought it was ONLY about the parties....YOOOOHOOOO!Being in the NFC Championship the past 3 years is enough to prove that the Eagles are not overrated.. and they went 12-4 with a schedule harder then anybody else's left in the playoffs.. the Eagles are the best team left..

like i said before the playoffs its gonna be New England and Philidelphia, with Philidelphia winning

vet93
01-12-2004, 03:11 PM
The Pats and Philly with the Pats taking the superbowl. Carolina is a great story but I think that the Eagles will take them at home. I love Peyton Manning....but he hasn't faced a defense in the playoffs like New England and Indy's defense could use some work.

JasperDog94
01-12-2004, 03:21 PM
Let's see:

Philly - The worst fan base of any city in America...nope, can't root for them.

New England - A coach that would rather complain about instant replay than discuss his team's most recent victory...nope, can't root for him.

I guess that means I'm rooting for Carolina (even though they beat my Cowboys) and Indy. Throw, Payton, throw!!!

pirate4state
01-12-2004, 05:45 PM
I could care less about Philly vs. Carolina but I'll root for Carolina.

Now, New England vs. Indianapolis will be a great game! Last time these two meet it was a tight game 38-34 or something to that effect with NE coming out on top. Weather will be a big factor, but I think Payton and crew can handle it. Indy by a TD. eek!

next generation
01-12-2004, 10:35 PM
Patriots and Eagles. Patriots winning by 3 on a field goal.

spiveyrat
01-13-2004, 07:40 AM
Kool Tarpon 21:
I would like to see the Eagles face the Patriots in the Super Bowl. I'm rooting for both of them.That would be AWEFUL! I HATE BOTH TEAMS!

spiveyrat
01-13-2004, 07:50 AM
poncho:
I'm pulling for the Colts they seem to have it together on both sides of the ballI'm pulling for the Colts too. BUT, KC scored a lot of points on a team that has it together on both sides of the ball.

And as far as Philly goes, I agree with JasperDog. Terrible fans. Just can't like a team from a city like that or a team from the same division as Dallas.

Go Colts and Panthers!

<small>[ January 13, 2004, 06:51 AM: Message edited by: spiveyrat ]</small>

poncho
01-13-2004, 10:38 AM
spiveyrat:

poncho:
I'm pulling for the Colts they seem to have it together on both sides of the ballI'm pulling for the Colts too. BUT, KC scored a lot of points on a team that has it together on both sides of the ball.

And as far as Philly goes, I agree with JasperDog. Terrible fans. Just can't like a team from a city like that or a team from the same division as Dallas.

Go Colts and Panthers!That's true KC did score a lot of points on the Colts, but if I remember right wasn't the score between the Colts and the Pat's 38 to 34 the last time they played? So the Pat's can be scored on by the Colts. I sure would like to see Colts in the super bowl. :D

<small>[ January 13, 2004, 09:42 AM: Message edited by: poncho ]</small>

Old No. 7
01-13-2004, 11:00 AM
I didn't expect to see these four teams this far in the playoffs. All I can say is I'm backing the Panthers all the way.(or untill they get beat) :D

SintonFan
01-13-2004, 09:14 PM
Bellville22:
Panthers vs. Eagles: I really wanted to see the Pack make it to the big game, but IMHO, they coached themselves out of the one yesterday, awful. The Eagles are a solid, veteran team, with tremendous coaching, and homefield advantage. I like McNabb, and I would love to see him get to the big game. But the Panthers, esp. if Davis is healthy, can run it right down your throat. This is Philly's huge weak spot. GB did it, and should have done it much more. Car. will. And unlike GB, Carolina has a front 4 that can get to McNabb with out the blitz, which will allow them to spy McNabb.

I like the Panthers.

Colts vs. Patriots: Classic matchup of great offense vs. great defense, and we all know....'defense wins championships!' Manning and the Colts have been rolling, but this week it's not gonna be in the dome, or bright and sunny like in KC. It's gonna be cold, very cold, and probably miserable. They handle road games and hostile environments well, but the Pats defense is really good. I'd love to see the Colts win, but don't see it happening.

I'll take the Patriots.

My pick: New England vs. Carolina..
Yeah, what you said. wink
I do really think it will be Patriots vs Panthers.
The Pats are hands down the team with the greatest momentum(Colts are second IMHO). Carolina has all the right elements to beat Philly in Philly(goodness I hate them).

<small>[ January 13, 2004, 08:44 PM: Message edited by: SintonFan ]</small>

Leopards,class of 75
01-13-2004, 09:26 PM
I would like to see the Colts win it all, but I really think the best team left is the New England Patroits. I will take the Panthers over the Eagles in a close game.

BigDog
01-14-2004, 12:02 AM
I would like to see a Colts/Carolina Super Bowl!

I also wonder how the Cowboys would have been if they would have signed Delhome(?) and Stephen Davis like they should have this past off season.

Leopards,class of 75
01-14-2004, 07:16 AM
Big Dog, if they would of signed them both, the Cowboy's would have been a much stronger team and might have been still in it. The Cowboys are going to to find them a better Q.B. and a running back too.

onfirebball05mustang
01-14-2004, 09:50 AM
from what i've heard, i'd like to see colts and panthers....what ever happened to the patriots? musta missed that game

JasperDog94
01-14-2004, 10:21 AM
Leopards,class of 75:
Big Dog, if they would of signed them both, the Cowboy's would have been a much stronger team and might have been still in it. The Cowboys are going to to find them a better Q.B. and a running back too.How about going after Kurt Warner? Parcells took a mediocre QB and made the playoffs. Imagine what he could do with a former SuperBowl MVP. eek! :D

Leopards,class of 75
01-14-2004, 11:31 PM
Kurt Warner would be a very good one to pick up for next year. I wonder if the Cowboys will try to pick him up for next season?