PDA

View Full Version : Sweetwater VS. Greenwood

wildstangs
08-17-2003, 10:23 PM
Will be the Mustangs homecoming game. Yikes. Sweetwater hasn't lost a homecoming as long as I have been alive, and thats 20 years.

mustang04
08-17-2003, 10:34 PM
i know wildstangs.....this will be a VERY big game..alot is at stake, maybe we'll keep the homecoming streak...of did un make it to our scrimmage against brady? if so...what did u think?

wildstangs
08-17-2003, 10:38 PM
Didnt make it out bud. How did you guys fare? I heard yall had like 4 TD's. How did the defense do?

mustang04
08-17-2003, 10:41 PM
yeah it was 4 td's to their one...we did good...our defense is VERY good, and we didnt even have 2 of our best starters playing, so we'll be good, our offense is really good, reid bishop did a hec of a job at QB, i have no doubts about his potential this year, we just need work on the line and thats about it, but then again, theres ALWAYS room for improvement somewhere

Z motion 10 out on 2
08-17-2003, 10:42 PM
Yes, curious about how Sweetwater did at the scrimmage? I'm a Vernon fan so we meet in week one. We had a great game last year and I look for another good one this year.

wildstangs
08-17-2003, 10:44 PM
Which two starters didnt go on defense? Reid is going to surprise a lot of folks this year. He is very similar to Carrillo. What are your predictions for the year?

Z motion 10 out on 2
08-17-2003, 10:50 PM
I know Carillo racked up about 150 yards on us last year. When I took my son on a recruiting trip to Southwest OK State they told us that Carillo was going to play there. So that was kind of neat. I don't really know about Vernon this year—nobody does. They have a new head coach who has a great football mind and I think lives at the field house during football season. So he has put in a new system and it may take several games to get it working like he wants. So I don't really know how Vernon will fair out in the early season. Especially with some of the tough teams they play. But with Sweetwater and then being the first game of the year with this new system, well I don't really know.

Stangster
08-18-2003, 10:32 AM
I think that choosing Greenwood for homecoming is risky, but I think our boys will rise to the challenge. I saw the scrimmage against Brady and our guys looked great. The team as a whole seems to be in better form at this stage of the game than last year. I think Bishop will surprise some people even though he did a good job last year as back-up QB. The line needs some work and we still have some rough spots in the secondary. But we have another great team this year and I look forward to an exciting season. Go Mustangs!

Greenwoodbro
08-18-2003, 01:46 PM
I cant wait for this game, Dawson wilbur looked awesome at the Greenwood Cohoma Scrimage. This kid is going to be unbeiliveable this year.

Greenwoodbro
08-18-2003, 01:50 PM
But from what i have read, ya'll sure do think ya'll got a good team this year. But will see.

wildstangs
08-18-2003, 07:36 PM
Greenwoodbro:
But from what i have read, ya'll sure do think ya'll got a good team this year. But will see.Are you saying you dont think Sweetwater will be good this year?

mustang04
08-19-2003, 08:16 PM
Greenwoodbro...we are saying that we are better than what ppl will think we are w/ out carillo, and yes yall have an awesome team...but nobody is thrashing at yall...so show a lil respect, and the 2 starters were longoria and jackson, but i dunno if longoria was completey starting, but he will contribute alot

wildstangs
08-19-2003, 09:06 PM
mustang04:
Greenwoodbro...we are saying that we are better than what ppl will think we are w/ out carillo, and yes yall have an awesome team...but nobody is thrashing at yall...so show a lil respect, and the 2 starters were longoria and jackson, but i dunno if longoria was completey starting, but he will contribute alotThis guy is pretty cocky and some of the other Ranger fans have told him time and time again. I doubt any of their players or other fans are as cocky as him. He reminds me of a fan taht was around during the 2001 season. Didnt hear a word out of him after Crane upset the Rangers in the first round.

Greenwoodbro
08-19-2003, 10:56 PM
im not cocky ya'll r just getting all excited about scrimages, its just a pratice.

Z motion 10 out on 2
08-20-2003, 12:05 PM
I think Sweetwater is going to have a great team this year. But I also agree with Greenwoodbro that it is very hard to tell from a scrimmage. Sweetwater will get their feet wet in Vernon in now less than two weeks so after that game they should know about where they are. Vernon will be a good game for them or at least to see how good that Mustang offense is. Vernon's defense should be very good this year. However, Vernon is running a new offense under a new head coach so it may not be fined tuned if you know what I mean by the time Sweetwater plays Vernon, so keep that in mind. I remember last year the Mustangs were in great condition. The game temp was very hot and Vernon's players were getting cramps while Sweetwater’s team never let up. So they must have a good conditioning coach or they were drinking the pickle juice!

mustang04
08-20-2003, 09:18 PM
Zmotion...haha i KNEW that pickle juice had somewthing to do with it! just kiddin. haha but yeah we condition pretty good in the heat of the day, but yeah i know it was just a scrimmage, but we watched the video of our scrimmage last year against bardy and this year, and this year we are having alot less BIG mistakes, but there are always thos little ones that need improvement

Ranger Mom
08-20-2003, 09:40 PM
That's the beauty of scrimmages, you can see your mistakes and work on them before they count against you!!

To: The Ham - before our game make sure you remind me of your number so I can watch for you!!