PDA

View Full Version : Region 1

Gobbla2001
04-10-2005, 11:19 AM
Teams to beat, projected divisions etc...???

wanna have something interesting to read when I get home later today...

football4life
04-10-2005, 11:39 AM
Canyon should be good again, good returning defense, going to be spreading the ball around a whole lot again. no huddle offense again, good jr qb, 3 of 4 returning recievers. Borger was fairly young, if i remember, and i dont think perryton will be as strong as they have been. never know though.

my district 1-3A projection:
1.Canyon
2.Borger
3.Perryton
4.River Road
5.Dalhart

HighSchool Fan
04-10-2005, 11:44 AM
it looks like Gainesville is gonna surprise some teams, esp. someone from Region 3.

Gobbla2001
04-10-2005, 11:47 AM
I don't even know why I made these posts, Regions 1, 2 and 4 do not matter...

This is a one region state...

Rockdale Tiger
04-10-2005, 12:08 PM
LOL

Matthew328
04-10-2005, 12:19 PM
Division 1 looks like a 2 horse race....Gainesville and Abilene Wylie....Decatur could sneak in...Divison 2 looks wide open....Sweetwater and Snyder will be in the mix maybe Graham too

superslyguy06
04-10-2005, 12:24 PM
not division 2 for graham, unless we've gotten smaller than vernon or IP

HighSchool Fan
04-10-2005, 12:25 PM
Matthew, i really want to agree with you on this, however, someone else has said that Gainesville is a also-ran. i still think your right though, it should come down to AW and Gville.

Gobbla2001
04-10-2005, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by Matthew328
Division 1 looks like a 2 horse race....Gainesville and Abilene Wylie....Decatur could sneak in...Divison 2 looks wide open....Sweetwater and Snyder will be in the mix maybe Graham too

No way, the top teams in their respected districts in region 3 will be evenly distributed across the state (regions 1, 2 and 4)... there will be nothing but teams origionally from Region 3 left after the first couple of rounds...

Bullaholic
04-10-2005, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
No way, the top teams in their respected districts in region 3 will be evenly distributed across the state (regions 1, 2 and 4)... there will be nothing but teams origionally from Region 3 left after the first couple of rounds...

You "subbing" for Old Cardinal today, Gobbla? :D

HighSchool Fan
04-10-2005, 12:53 PM
hey guys, don't forget that Whitesboro is in Region I. they are sure to surprise some people this year. i bet they win atleast 3 games :D

Macarthur
04-10-2005, 01:14 PM
Iowa Park has some really good players returning. The big issue is replacing Swenson, which is no small task, but the young man replacing him is bigger, stronger and only about a half step slower. It remains to be seen if he has the intangibles that Swen had, but IP should actually be better (older/more mature) at just about every position.

Bullaholic
04-10-2005, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by HighSchool Fan
hey guys, don't forget that Whitesboro is in Region I. they are sure to surprise some people this year. i bet they win atleast 3 games :D

You better watch out, HSF---that lilttle Whitesboro dog is going to bite you one of these days. I'm not ready to give a full report on the Bulls yet....don't have enough solid info to get a reliable picture. I will say that I think this year's Bull team has a lot of "darkhorse" potential and to "cliche" a little bit---"could surprise some folks", particularly if the the "O" line blocks for Colin Jones better.

TheDOCTORdre
04-10-2005, 01:21 PM
Sweetwater has a lot of speed coming back next year, and it should be fun to see the Stangs run. We lose Thompson at qb, and the question I hear Sweetwater is having is they arent sure if they want to put Carrillo at qb because that would put him starting both ways. With a relatively young team Sweetwater got to the quarterfinals before losing to Snyder, with a year of experience in their back pocket, Sweetwater could make some noise. All that being said when it comes to district it will once again be the big three (Sweetwater, Snyder and Wylie) battling for the championship and I could see this coming year as being a three way tie for the district crown

HighSchool Fan
04-10-2005, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
You better watch out, HSF---that lilttle Whitesboro dog is going to bite you one of these days.

Whitesboro http://www.smilieland.com/graphics/dogrun4.gif

Gainesville, or any other 3a school that Whitesboro plays http://www.smilieland.com/graphics2/hund12.gif

Bullaholic
04-10-2005, 02:08 PM
:clap: LOL, HSF

vet93
04-10-2005, 02:47 PM
I have got my eye on Sweetwater...I think that they will be pretty tough in Div. II next year. Snyder should be good, especially since they have had such a good recruiting class;) ....that was for you Black Magic!!!

Buffalo
04-10-2005, 04:31 PM
Snyder does have 9 back on Def that is a Def that beat both Iowa Park and Sweetwater inthe playoffs

Adidas410s
04-10-2005, 05:00 PM
Originally posted by Buffalo
Snyder does have 9 back on Def that is a Def that beat both Iowa Park and Sweetwater inthe playoffs

And remind me who they did against Gilmer again??? :D That being said, Lance Day is going to be one heck of an athlete for Snyder in the coming years. He is Snyder's version of Case Keenum.

VWG
04-10-2005, 06:17 PM
Sweetwater will be salty this year.... no pun intended.
They've got tremendous speed, and with Jackson still at the helm they should make noise in the playoffs.

Who does Gainesville have coming back?
Wylie will be a contender. Remember at the start of last year when everybody, including me, said that Wylie might be down due to the losses of many seniors....... well, they graduate a lot every year but Sandifer keeps winning.

I will keep my eye on Greenwood also. New coach who brings a new attitude. Could cause some trouble out there in Midland.
It will also be interesting to see Graham and their new "air attack". What a change that will be from their vaunted split veer days with Bourquin. Graham will be in the playoffs again, they've got the athletes. Now if they can only get past the first round in the McCoy era.

HighSchool Fan
04-10-2005, 08:03 PM
Originally posted by VWG

Who does Gainesville have coming back?

no one. they're gonna be push-overs.

Z motion 10 out on 2
04-10-2005, 08:08 PM
District 5

Vernon should have a good team next year. Surely Hirschi will be better than last year. I think Graham will drop off this first year but still be good. Breck will be good again and Iowa Park should be the favorite to win the district.

HighSchool Fan
04-10-2005, 08:09 PM
Originally posted by Z motion 10 out on 2
Surely Hirschi will be better than last year.

isn't that what people always say about them? do you know when the last time they were anygood?

mwynn05
04-10-2005, 08:15 PM
Whitesboro will win state before 2011.

VWG
04-10-2005, 09:21 PM
Originally posted by Z motion 10 out on 2
District 5

Vernon should have a good team next year. Surely Hirschi will be better than last year. I think Graham will drop off this first year but still be good. Breck will be good again and Iowa Park should be the favorite to win the district.

My pick for Dist. 5-3A MVP is Heatly from Breckenridge.
Starting QB since soph. year, and help lead the Bucks into the playoffs last year.

superslyguy06
04-11-2005, 12:01 AM
I think the last time Hirshi was good was the early 90's, but they've been goin' downhill since then. Graham should be ok. . . we've got some guys with good hands, just that nobody knows about 'em cuz. . . yeah, veer. McCoy's son had some soft hands when we played in a friends yard the other day. It should be fun to see how things unravell here in a few months.

Adidas410s
04-11-2005, 12:35 AM
Originally posted by superslyguy06
I think the last time Hirshi was good was the early 90's, but they've been goin' downhill since then. Graham should be ok. . . we've got some guys with good hands, just that nobody knows about 'em cuz. . . yeah, veer. McCoy's son had some soft hands when we played in a friends yard the other day. It should be fun to see how things unravell here in a few months.

What position did you get to play? If you could only get a metal plate in your forearm instead of your leg it could make for some nasty hits next year in the secondary!

oh well
04-11-2005, 08:15 AM
You are right Gilmer did go up and down the field on Snyder. Day could be better nothing against Keenum great athlete. Day is just doing it a year earlier and yes he is an outstanding QB as well. He will be bigger and should have the same speed. They are very similar in athletic knowledge

Black_Magic
04-11-2005, 08:44 AM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
And remind me who they did against Gilmer again??? :D That being said, Lance Day is going to be one heck of an athlete for Snyder in the coming years. He is Snyder's version of Case Keenum. Snyder Lost to gilmer. You need to thank God they were in Division II and that you didnt have to play them. Lets remember they didnt lose a game last year. I think that a Gilmer Wylie matchup would have looked like a big time track meet . For Gilmer that is.

Snyder has a good bunch of agressive players coming back on D. I believe they have 9 coming back. They also have both QBs and 4-5 starters coming back on Offense. Both Wylie and Sweetwater have to come to Snyder this year so the tigers have home field advantage in the two big district games what ever that is worth.

Ranger Mom
04-11-2005, 08:49 AM
Originally posted by Black_Magic
Snyder Lost to gilmer. You need to thank God they were in Division II and that you didnt have to play them. Lets remember they didnt lose a game last year. I think that a Gilmer Wylie matchup would have looked like a big time track meet . For Gilmer that is.

Snyder has a good bunch of agressive players coming back on D. I believe they have 9 coming back. They also have both QBs and 4-5 starters coming back on Offense. Both Wylie and Sweetwater have to come to Snyder this year so the tigers have home field advantage in the two big district games what ever that is worth.

I dread Greenwood's pre-season matchups!!

On the upside though, we DID double our visitor stands to accomodate the bigger crowds!

BM - Snyder plays in Greenwood this year...is that correct??

Black_Magic
04-11-2005, 09:05 AM
thats Right. The bigger stands will be great. I will get there early so I will have a good view.:thumbsup:

oh well
04-11-2005, 09:17 AM
Yes and Greenwodd is always tough no matter where you play them but even tougher @ home. Look at Greenwoods pre District Schedule it is a tough one that is for sure.

Z motion 10 out on 2
04-11-2005, 02:32 PM
Hirschi has some very talented atjletes. Usually known for their speed. They have not had teh right coaching for some time now. Or let me say coaching that matched their personnel. They have a new coach (last year was his first year) and I suspect that they should start a rebound soon.