PDA

View Full Version : Victoria Area Texas Relay Results...

Gobbla2001
04-10-2005, 10:49 AM
AUSTIN - Cuero's Brandon James was wondering how he would fare against top-rate competition at the 78th Clyde Littlefield Texas Relays and he enjoyed finding out.

James won the High School Division I 100-meter dash and ran the anchor leg on Cuero's winning 400 relay team Saturday at Mike A. Myers Stadium.

James won the 100 in a time of 10.43 seconds, which would have tied the meet record set by Amar Johnson of Fort Worth Country Day in 1998, but the wind was too strong.

"I don't think Brandon got out of the blocks very well," Cuero coach Victor Mathis said. "But he finished strong. Brandon always finishes strong."

James then teamed up with Fabian Olguin, Martell Williams, and Stefon Hargrove to win the sprint relay in a time of 41.92.

"They were pretty nervous," Mathis said. "But they ran pretty well. They won by about 15 meters. It was a good learning experience for them."

Cuero appeared to have broken the meet record in the 800 relay in Friday night's preliminaries, but was disqualified for being in the wrong exchange lane.

Cuero's Avery Sheppard finished seventh in the 110-meter hurdles in a time of 15.11.

The Wharton boys and girls teams earned bronze medals in the 1,600 and 800 relays, respectively.

Felipe Aguilar, Pierre Fleurinor, Leslie Clark and Kendrick Morgan finished third in the 1,600 relay in a time of 3:24.04.

Shareka Humphrey, Christi Ellis, Rolanda Bailey and Ikeia Steele finished third in the 800 relay in a time of 1:44.03.

Morgan, Aguilar, and Fleurinor also teamed up with Jamial Shelton to finish fifth in the 800 relay in a time of 1:29.81.

Rolanda Bailey and Steele joined Rahjanaye Bailey and Roshanda Sims to finish sixth in the 1,600 relay in a time of 4:08.41.

Clark also finished ninth in the 110-meter hurdles in a time of 15.29.

Hallettsville's Monique Gates finished eighth and Van Vleck's Alaysha Ford was ninth in the girls triple jump.

Gates had a jump of 37 feet, 11 inches, and Ford jumped 37-6.

On Friday night, Ari Ince of Gonzales finished in a tie for eighth in the Section A girls pole vault by clearing 11 feet.

44INAROW
04-10-2005, 11:04 AM
Ari Ince from Gonzales is one heck of an athelete. When my son was in the 8th grade, we were playing Gonzales in football and he went into the endzone to receive a deep pass and she was defending him and let's just say, she ended up on the good end of it...... He has never been able to live that down :D :D :D :D

Gobbla2001
04-10-2005, 11:25 AM
Man, he's not gunna be mad that you posted that, is he?

44INAROW
04-10-2005, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
Man, he's not gunna be mad that you posted that, is he?

lol he's used to it, he hears about it all the time

Gobbla2001
04-10-2005, 11:43 AM
Well, it is kinda funny...

I got ran over by that 350+ pound girl from Palacios :(

Wasn't head up, though, I was running a trap all of the way from my left tackle spot around to the hole past the center, about halfway there she ran through one of our guys and knocked all of us over...

We score on that play I believe, because she had knocked her own players down as well...

Old Green
04-10-2005, 09:45 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
Well, it is kinda funny...

I got ran over by that 350+ pound girl from Palacios :(

Wasn't head up, though, I was running a trap all of the way from my left tackle spot around to the hole past the center, about halfway there she ran through one of our guys and knocked all of us over...

We score on that play I believe, because she had knocked her own players down as well... I remember that girl for Palacious. She was big and hit pretty well.

I always wondered who that Gobbler was she ran over. LOL:D

Gobbla2001
04-10-2005, 10:43 PM
Originally posted by Old Green
I remember that girl for Palacious. She was big and hit pretty well.

I always wondered who that Gobbler was she ran over. LOL:D

We'll just keep that on the 'downlow', no punn intended...