PDA

View Full Version : Toughest playoff opponent

VERNONLION#1
12-21-2003, 10:12 AM
Anyone from Atlanta want to give their opinion which team gave the Rabbits a run for their money these last 6 games.

3afan
12-21-2003, 10:14 AM
Atlanta's closest playoff wins were vs. Pilot Point, 19 points (19-0), then Vernon 18 pts

<small>[ December 21, 2003, 03:43 PM: Message edited by: 3afan ]</small>

HornetMom
12-21-2003, 12:11 PM
3afan:
Atlanta's closest playoff win was vs. Pilot Point, 19 points (19-0)Actually it was the Vernon game, 18 points (32-14)

FBJones
12-21-2003, 01:01 PM
They completely dominated both of those games. 2 TDs called back against PP. And there was no threat of PP scoring. Vernon couldn't stop them. Gilmer was favored to beat them, but the Rabbs dominated them also.

Z motion 10 out on 2
12-21-2003, 04:24 PM
FYI:

The Vernon game went down to the last 4 min. Atlanta was up 26 - 14 and Vernon had the ball at the Atlanta 8 yard line if they score it is a 5 point game. They went out on downs. Had Vernon scored it would have been 26-21 with 3 min. left. But Atlanta held then moved the ball out to the 40 and Burns broke a 60-yard TD with like 1 min. left. So I'm betting that was the closest that they came to a so called close or good game. The 32 - 14 score was no indication of how close it really was up until Vernon going out on downs. Really Atlanta outmatched Vernon's talent and I was disappointed that Vernon didn't win, but I knew that Atlanta had the better team. Vernon played a heck of a game and woulda, coulda, ifs, buts, and a few miracles mixed in Vernon may have had a chance.

Z motion 10 out on 2
12-21-2003, 04:27 PM
FBJones:
They completely dominated both of those games. 2 TDs called back against PP. And there was no threat of PP scoring. Vernon couldn't stop them. Gilmer was favored to beat them, but the Rabbs dominated them also.Vernon had them stopped in the 4th quarter down 21 - 7 but Vernon takes a 15 yard face mask penalty as they sack their QB like 15 yards behind the line and a 30 yard pass interference that was questionable in the end zone moved Atlanta to the one yard line. Now the 60 yard Burns run at the end of the game? Well what can you say about that one.

VERNONLION#1
12-21-2003, 07:39 PM
HEY Z MOTION THAT PRETTY MUCH SUMS IT UP. HAD WE CONVERTED ON DOWNS ON THEIR END OF THE FIELD,THE QUESTIONABLE INTERFERANCE CALL ETC. WE WERE PRETTY MUCH IN IT WITH THEM. THE QUOTE IN THE DALLAS PAPER THE FOLLOWING MORNING QUOTED ONE OF THE ATLANTA PLAYERS STATING THAT VERNON WAS THE HARDEST FOUGHT GAME THAT THEY HAD BEEN IN.

Z motion 10 out on 2
12-21-2003, 08:09 PM
I read the same quote. I wish that we had been a little more competetive with them in the 1st half, but I think our guys were like "wow this team is good". By the time that wore off it was too late. They had a great team and it doesn't suprise me one bit that they are the champs.