PDA

View Full Version : An old joke, but a good one

HighSchool Fan
04-09-2005, 06:08 AM
Laughing Horse

A man walks into a bar. On the bar sits a big jar of $20 bills. The man asks the bartender, "What's the deal with the jar of money?"
"Well," the bartender says, "I've got a horse tied up in the stable out back. This horse has never laughed in his life. You put $20 in the jar, and then if you can make my horse laugh, you win all the money!"

The man puts his $20 in the jar, and goes out to the stable. He comes back just a few minutes later, and you can hear the horse laughing all the way inside. The man takes his money and leaves.

About a year later, he goes back to the bar, and they've got another jar of twenties there.

"What's the deal now?" he asks.

"Well," the bartender says, "That damn horse won't stop laughing! So the first person who can make my horse stop laughing wins the money!"

The man pays his $20 and goes out to the stable. He returns a few minutes later, and the horse is bawling his eyes out. He picks up his money and is about to leave, when the bartender stops him.

"All right," he says, "You have won an awful lot of money from me and I want to know how you did it!"

"Easy," he says, "I made him laugh by saying mine was bigger than his, and I made him cry by proving it!"