PDA

View Full Version : im draggin tail, but im still in it

pirate44
04-08-2005, 11:56 PM
im here at the house for a moment to put my son to bed while his uncle watches after him, but the Sinton Relay For Life is still going on. my first 30 minuttes i did pretty good. i was able to get in 1 mile of running and 1 mile of walking. my legs are killing me right now and i have another 30 minutes to do at 2:30. we are all in good spirits and it is an amazing thing. the first lap was a survivors lap and was very emotuional for my neice who cried during most the lap. i heard they were expecting to raise $20,000 but ended up raising over $70,000. this is alot tougher than i thought since its been a while since ive moved this much. LOL. thanks again to all who contributed. with your help we are going to find a cure to cancer for you and everyones loved ones. well, i better get back to the track. wish me luck.

Mike
Pirate44

pirate4state
04-08-2005, 11:59 PM
Mike we drove by the stadium on our way home from tonights ball games. There sure are alot of people out there! Good Luck.

I think what everyone is doing is AWESOME!!!

AggieJohn
04-09-2005, 02:19 AM
i commend you for your work

District303aPastPlayer
04-09-2005, 03:10 AM
i too was at the relay.. i ran a half mile and walked a mile and a half... AFTER i worked from 6pm til midnight.. i went straight to the track in Sinton from Corpus... in full HEB uniform and ran. This night is so much fun. i had to turn it in for the night as i have to work tomorrow. good seein ya mike and to everyone who reads this but is still out there... walk one for The Gipper :)

Vrabird
04-09-2005, 03:44 AM
Great work guys!!!! I was at the track for the start of the relay. Very emotional and good to see so many working for a great cause. I walked my 6 miles and turned in for a few hours sleep. Have to get to the church and make 200 taquitos for the participants. Will probably be back at the track to walk a few more miles. Great to see everyone come together for a great cause.

PJ Frye
04-09-2005, 06:10 AM
you guys are inspirational...

pirate44
04-09-2005, 07:32 AM
well, its finally over. i am now finding out that all the running i did was a bad idea at my age and condition. i turn 33 tomorrow but this morning i feel 73. hehe. my right knee is killin me. but in all seriousness it was a fun night. breaking camp was of course the hardest part after such a long night. it was good seeing you there d303app. you should have stopped by our camp for a bottle water or soda. we even had birthday cake there. well, i better start packing. we are driving to san marcos and Gruene this morning and theres alot to be done before then. thanks for all the encouragement. i really owe alot to the 3a downlow and its membership.

Mike

Bullaholic
04-09-2005, 08:29 AM
44'....If it wasn't for a lot of good folks like you who are willing to give to causes such as this one, we would not have much hope of carrying the fight to cancer and other deadly diseases. Wear that soreness with pride, my friend. Next month in Bridgeport, we will host the Wise County Special Olympics which is sponsored by the Bridgeport Lion's Club, and all of us will be spending some time running the various events.