PDA

View Full Version : Bellville 7 Sealy 0

FormerBellvilleBrahma
04-08-2005, 11:04 PM
Bellville wins with Luetge on the mound tonight, to go 4-1 in round 1. Sealy falls to 1-4.
Will Luetge go in Bellville on Tuesday vs Navasota or rest and catch Columbus in round 2?
I wounder how many K-Os he had tonight? also good job by Freshmen Leaf Luetge behind the plate tonight!

BrahmaMom
04-08-2005, 11:31 PM
WooHoo, the Brahmas are coming on strong! Way to go, Luetges, that family has bailed us out more than once!!!! I didn't expect the Brahmas to dominate, but I am proud they are doing so well. A win over Sealy is something to be proud of!! Keep it up, guys, the season isn't over. GO BULLS!!!

Bull's-eye
04-08-2005, 11:56 PM
Another great pitching performance! Bellville is now 4-1 in district play and Navasota won to raise their record to 3-2. Tuesday's game will be very important for both teams. I'm sure Navasota will have their ace pitching, since he wasn't needed tonight against Hempstead. With Hempstead next on the schedule for Bellville, this would be the time to pitch Luetge on back to back games. This would also put him in line to face Rice and Sealy. This decision will be up to Luetge and his coach and what they feel will be best for the team. I'm not sure of the schedule, but I heard that Bellville has an open date after the Hempstead game. This could also help decide who pitches against Navasota.

Bull's-eye
04-09-2005, 12:08 AM
After the first round of play the standings look like this:

Columbus 5-0
Bellville 4-1
Navasota 3-2
Rice 2-3
Sealy 1-4
Hempstead 0-5

XMan
04-10-2005, 11:49 AM
Bellville has already shown that they are playing for 2nd. They had a chance to take the district lead by beating Columbus last time around. Instead of throwing Luetge on 3 days rest like they did all last year, they decided to throw a pusser lefty. Needless to say, Ctown whooped em. Beating Sealy gave them a 4-1 record and almost assured a playoff position. Look for Bellville to just win enough games to slip in. they could beat Sealy and Rice with their #4 pitchers but decide to use Luetge. As an alumnus, I was very dissappointed that Bellville didnt give it their all to win the district title but that is a coach's decision. This district is the weakest its been in many years. This is the weakest Bellville team since 1983 but they should still end up 2nd.

Good luck Brahmas

Bull's-eye
04-10-2005, 06:29 PM
Bellville entered district play with only a couple of wins. I think their first goal was just to make the playoffs. Luetge started late, do to the extended basketball season, so him pitching against Columbus may not have even been an option. He had thrown alot of pitches against Rice and why risk an injury pitching on short rest? There was also no guarantee that they would defeat Columbus with him pitching. Bellville started district play with Navasota, Hempstead, Rice, Columbus and Sealy. Luetge pitched against Navasota (gave them their first district loss), Rice (also first district loss) and Sealy. This was the best decision for this young team to have any shot at making the playoffs. Bellville went 4-1 in the first round and I'm sure that exceeded even their expectations.

Now in the second round, if Bellville remains within a game of Columbus, you may see Luetge pitching against them. The schedule really doesn't favor this, but if Navasota hands Columbus their first loss on friday, Bellville may be in position to force a playoff for the district crown. Looking back, I'm glad they played it safe. At least their chances of being in the playoffs are alot greater.

Bellville22
04-10-2005, 08:23 PM
I agree completely.

chugbug
04-11-2005, 11:41 AM
Columbus is by far the best baseball team in the District. You can speculate all that you want to about who is going to hand Columbus their first loss. It ain't going to happen. There is nobody in the district that can do that. Columbus will go undefeated!:eek: :eek: :hairpunk: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Bull's-eye
04-11-2005, 12:23 PM
In the first game, Columbus defeated Navasota 2-0. I think that shows that the Rattlers have a shot at defeating Columbus. Also, Navasota did not pitch their top pitcher. I also like Bellville's chances with Luetge on the mound. So far the schedule has kept Bellville's and Navasota's top pitchers from facing Columbus, and it looks like that may happen again in the second round. I agree that Columbus is the best team in district 20-3A, but they are not unbeatable.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
04-11-2005, 10:46 PM
I agree Bulls-eye, with Luetge on the mound Bellville is also a front runner for the crown. I have watched Bellville and Columbus, I think the Cards would have a tough time hitting aginst Luetge.

BrahmaMom
04-12-2005, 01:24 PM
Luetge's a stud! I am proud of the way this team has rallied together. Yes, Lucas is the key, but there are gloves behind him and a big one as a target. Way to go, Brahmas!