PDA

View Full Version : What if Columbus beats Navasota?

BrahmaMom
10-18-2003, 10:08 AM
This was thrown out for discussion this morning, Columbus has the potential to knock Navasota out of 23AAA, thus putting Bellville in Div I. Interesting thought. This owuld certainly be the Brahma team to handle Div I, but I'm still happier in Div II.

espn1
10-18-2003, 10:14 AM
That would be a neat twist, but I don't see it happening.

punt
10-18-2003, 10:20 AM
Anything is possible but Columbus' chances of beating Navasota are slim to none.

BrahmaMom
10-18-2003, 10:29 AM
I think Columbus could give them a run. Rice only beat them by what 2 TD's? Unless Navasota was missing a key player last night. It's a tough district. Lots could happen.

PAINTBALL
10-18-2003, 10:50 AM
BrahmaMom:
This was thrown out for discussion this morning, Columbus has the potential to knock Navasota out of 23AAA, thus putting Bellville in Div I. Interesting thought. This owuld certainly be the Brahma team to handle Div I, but I'm still happier in Div II.If I was you, I would pull very hard for Navasota. Div. 1 is not where Bellville wants to be.

the tigers are back
10-18-2003, 07:07 PM
I think division one is easier than division 2,because there are so mnay good teams in division 2 this year.Hey Burnett i would love to see bellville play you'll.How about you... what do you think about it bulldogs.Hey didn't you'll lose to bellville a few years back in the play-offs. :D

Chris Hart
10-18-2003, 07:33 PM
After the way Burnet/Bellville 2001 ended on that horrible call(fumble-NOT), I think this team Burnet team would just love to play Bellville. Although it's a game I wish would happen, I still think Navasota will make the playoffs and send Bellville to Div.II.

BrahmaMom
10-25-2003, 09:14 AM
Well, Navasota has losses to Bellville and Sealy now. This is getting less far-fetched than it first sounded. I just hope it doesn't come down to a coin toss again, that was painful last year. Folks say the Brahmas could handle Burnet this year. It will be interesting. Go Bulls!

Brahma73
10-25-2003, 09:32 AM
BrahmaMom:
Well, Navasota has losses to Bellville and Sealy now. This is getting less far-fetched than it first sounded. I just hope it doesn't come down to a coin toss again, that was painful last year. Folks say the Brahmas could handle Burnet this year. It will be interesting. Go Bulls!It was (and still is by me) assumed that Bellville would go 5-0 and either Sealy or Navasota had to lose to the other. Basically, things are where everyone knew they'd be. There have been no upsets to this point. C-Town could conjure up enough D to slow the snakes, but I'm reluctant to believe they can score enough to win and send Bellville to D1.
My main issue is still this: Why the hell do we have to have 2 divisions in 3A? It's ridiculous!!! Even if Bellville is fortunate enough to make it all the way through, we won't really know if we're the best in 3A. That really gripes me. :mad:
Incidentally, I wrote the UIL last week about this. PM me your E-mail and I'll forward a copy of my letter. I think everyone who has an opinion on this (or am I the only one?) should sound off as well.

Bull's-eye
10-25-2003, 09:48 AM
Things are getting very interesting! The Columbus/Navasota game will be in Columbus. The Cardinals played Bellville and Rice and did a great job of slowing these teams down.