PDA

View Full Version : Texas Relays......

Gobbler Fan
04-08-2005, 09:12 PM
Cuero runners are doing great but the 4x200m relay team was dq'd .

Brandon James ran the fastest time in the High School classes today with a 10.59 100m in prelim's the finals are tom.

crabman
04-08-2005, 10:25 PM
DQ was a wierd thing. Didn't happen for almost an hour. Cuero was announced as having set a Division 1 record for the event. Fastest qualifying time. Cuero handed off within the exchange zone. They said one of our runners had a foot outside the zone when he started running. No one on the track DQ'd him. It came later. Our time was actually third fastest in all classes. Cinco Ranch now leads the nation in the event. 1:24.95. Cuero ran 1:27.36.
Got to see the kid from Cinco Ranch jump 7'-5". Barely missed three attempts at 7'-7". I'll bet he gets it at state.

Brandon cruised through his 100. Like you said, fastest in all classifications. No wind.

44INAROW
04-08-2005, 10:43 PM
Originally posted by crabman

Brandon cruised through his 100. Like you said, fastest in all classifications. No wind.

Does it count even though it isn't the State Track Meet? :D :D just kidding

Gobbler Fan
04-09-2005, 08:08 PM
Just got thru checking the HS finals at the Texas Relays looks like Cuero Boy's took first in the 4x100 and the 100m dash also placing a 6'th in the 100m Hurdles and by the looks of this from another poster a controversial dq in the 4x200

WTG Gobblers:clap:

18handicap
04-09-2005, 08:21 PM
Sweeny freshman Dorrie Thompson was 1st place in the 100 meter dash at the Texas Relays!!!........she is also a key member of my softball team. She has stolen 14 bases in district play. She has a great future ahead of her!! Congrats!

Gobbler Fan
04-09-2005, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by 18handicap
Sweeny freshman Dorrie Thompson was 1st place in the 100 meter dash at the Texas Relays!!!........she is also a key member of my softball team. She has stolen 14 bases in district play. She has a great future ahead of her!! Congrats! :clap: nice

gobbler84
04-09-2005, 08:25 PM
The 4x200m relay DQ confuses me. If they dq them an hour after the race then someone in the stands had to video tape it in show the people running the meet. But they wouldn't be able to look at film from a fan cause it's against UIL rules. Cuer tried it last year!

44INAROW
04-09-2005, 09:31 PM
Originally posted by gobbler84
The 4x200m relay DQ confuses me. If they dq them an hour after the race then someone in the stands had to video tape it in show the people running the meet. But they wouldn't be able to look at film from a fan cause it's against UIL rules. Cuer tried it last year!

We all know who ran the fastest -0 DQ or not :) nice showing Cuero :clap: :clap: :clap:

KTJ
04-09-2005, 09:44 PM
Originally posted by gobbler84

That's not how it works. A DQ at a track meet can take an hour or two because the officials who "saw" the DQ must all come together to talk about what they got. Kinda like how football refs do, only a little longer. And they have all the high-tech equipment to make sure the right call was made. DQing something in track--well running events, not field events--is a major task. So yeah, it takes a while to do that.

Just ask the Lady Longhorns 4x100 relay team that got DQ'd at Nationals (which was hosted by UT) last year on their home track. The person that turned them in? The LSU coach.

CheerMom
04-09-2005, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by Gobbler Fan
Just got thru checking the HS finals at the Texas Relays looks like Cuero Boy's took first in the 4x100 and the 100m dash also placing a 6'th in the 100m Hurdles and by the looks of this from another poster a controversial dq in the 4x200

WTG Gobblers:clap:

Where did you find the results. I was looking and couldnt find it?

Old Green
04-09-2005, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by CheerMom
Where did you find the results. I was looking and couldnt find it? It's on TXRunning.com

CheerMom
04-09-2005, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by Old Green
It's on TXRunning.com

Thanks a bunch!!:D

Gobbla2001
04-10-2005, 02:44 AM
gh

18handicap
04-10-2005, 08:57 AM
The Texas Relays don't have to follow UIL rules. It is their invitational meet, so they have their own, I guess.

We're Back
04-10-2005, 07:54 PM
good job Gobblers. According to Holmes Fan that since this was not the state meet Brandon's time probably isn't "legit" but hey its all good its easy to be jealous when your athletes aren't as good as other peoples.

gobbler84
04-10-2005, 08:02 PM
Couldn't have said it better myself Kaddy!

Holmes_Fans
04-10-2005, 08:06 PM
Originally posted by We're Back
good job Gobblers. According to Holmes Fan that since this was not the state meet Brandon's time probably isn't "legit" but hey its all good its easy to be jealous when your athletes aren't as good as other peoples.
I'll beleive a 10.59, but it isn't legit until he runs in state. Who knows he may be running a 10.14 which would break the national record in the 100. Nothing is accurate until the timing is done by a UIL official on automated timing.

mwynn05
04-10-2005, 08:11 PM
good job Gobblers. According to Holmes Fan that since this was not the state meet Brandon's time probably isn't "legit" but hey its all good its easy to be jealous when your athletes aren't as good as other peoples. I think your wrong there. Guess what high school the current 3a record holder for the 100m dash is from.

raider red 2000
04-10-2005, 08:15 PM
Originally posted by Holmes_Fans
I'll beleive a 10.59, but it isn't legit until he runs in state. Who knows he may be running a 10.14 which would break the national record in the 100. Nothing is accurate until the timing is done by a UIL official on automated timing.

the timing at the texas relays is as accurate as it gets. whose timing machine do you think the UIL uses in austin?

i am wondering how if the cuero sprinter is going to run the 100, 200, & a relay or two relays at district?

Hupernikomen
04-11-2005, 12:54 AM
Jasper set meet record in 4x200 in prelims and then lost a close one to waco la vega in the finals.

kepdawg
04-11-2005, 08:39 AM
Originally posted by Hupernikomen
Jasper set meet record in 4x200 in prelims and then lost a close one to waco la vega in the finals.

True, but Cuero was faster in the prelims, but the DQ cost them the meet record.

We're Back
04-11-2005, 07:33 PM
I'll beleive a 10.59, but it isn't legit until he runs in state.

If his 10.59 at the Texas Relays( one of the biggest meets in the state every year with the highest technology of equipment) is not legit, then I would love to see your definition of legit. I can see why you're not giving this kid the credit he deserves, I mean if your guys from Forney were running 10.59 and we were running 11.2 and 11.3 I would be a tad jealous but I mean get real man, the kid is good and has world class speed, give him his props and go on.

gobbler84
04-11-2005, 08:47 PM
And thats fo sho wit it!

j_dog
04-11-2005, 09:03 PM
If his 10.59 at the Texas Relays( one of the biggest meets in the state every year with the highest technology of equipment) is not legit, then I would love to see your definition of legit. I can see why you're not giving this kid the credit he deserves, I mean if your guys from Forney were running 10.59 and we were running 11.2 and 11.3 I would be a tad jealous but I mean get real man, the kid is good and has world class speed, give him his props and go on.
Any thing run at the Texas Relays is legit in my mind! True, rightly or wrongly as I understand it, Texas "state" records are set only at the state meet. That does not mean that the Texas Relay times are not "legit". Besides, he probably is saving his best for the state meet. ;) I congratulate him for his accomplishments. :)

We're Back
04-11-2005, 09:19 PM
Finally, someone from out of town gives Brandon the credit he deserves. He is the hardest worker I know and deserves everything he gets, and it just really annoys me that some people on this board, im not gonna mention any names, fail to give this kid props because they are jealous and since their athletes don't run these times don't believe they can be run by anyone else in the state. So all im gonna say is that there's always gonna be someone better than you out there, thats what makes competition so great, so just give him his credit and move on. Like we say here in cuero, " If we should lose, let us stand by the road and cheer as the winners go by." So I think some certain people should start doing a little more cheering and a lot less of cutting people down.

44INAROW
04-11-2005, 09:33 PM
Finally, someone from out of town gives Brandon the credit he deserves. He is the hardest worker I know and deserves everything he gets, and it just really annoys me that some people on this board, im not gonna mention any names, fail to give this kid props because they are jealous and since their athletes don't run these times don't believe they can be run by anyone else in the state. So all im gonna say is that there's always gonna be someone better than you out there, thats what makes competition so great, so just give him his credit and move on. Like we say here in cuero, " If we should lose, let us stand by the road and cheer as the winners go by." So I think some certain people should start doing a little more cheering and a lot less of cutting people down.

nice post WE'RE BACK :clap: :clap:

Holmes_Fans
04-11-2005, 10:05 PM
Where is the kid from who has the 3a state record? hmmmmmm

and I never once said his times didn't count, but that the fact most og them were hand times makes them inaccurate.

j_dog
04-11-2005, 10:05 PM
Finally, someone from out of town gives Brandon the credit he deserves. .....
If I am able to go to the state meet and Brandon sets records there, I will be cheering for him. No question. Some of the most exciting times I have ever had have been at state meets watching long time records be broken. When it happens, it is one mass cheer from the stands, With tens of thousands of folks, that is some noise. :clap:

44INAROW
04-11-2005, 10:47 PM
in my opinion, saying it isn't LEGIT pretty much says it doesn't count, inaccurate and NOT LEGIT are not the same thing.....

Where is the kid from who has the 3a state record? hmmmmmm

and I never once said his times didn't count, but that the fact most og them were hand times makes them inaccurate.

kaorder1999
04-11-2005, 11:08 PM
Blanton has the 100 meter State Meet record with a 10.26. He also holds the 3A State Meet record in the 200 with a 20.37. I don't know if he holds the 3A State Record but I know he holds the "meet" record

kaorder1999
04-11-2005, 11:13 PM
is there a list of any records other then State Meet records out there?

We're Back
04-12-2005, 03:52 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Holmes_Fans
[B]Where is the kid from who has the 3a state record? hmmmmmm

He's from Forney, we all know about the almight Blanton(you must have held his blocks the way you mention him in every breath). But I guess you have failed to realize Blanton is gone, yes I applaud him, he was and still is one of the best sprinters in the nation, but move on he's not in high school anymore and last I remember this thread is about high schoolers at Texas Relays.

Holmes_Fans
04-12-2005, 03:54 PM
You said I was jealous because your athletes were better than ours. Blanton is our athlete since he is from here and is constantly visiting. So since Dabryan is faster(in HS also not just presently) than James we have the better athlete.

We're Back
04-12-2005, 03:56 PM
yes, your current athletes at Forney High School not ones in college, if that was the case I guess we could trash on everyones football accomplishments with saying how we have people in the NFL and how much better they do

Holmes_Fans
04-12-2005, 04:12 PM
I guess you could but this is a thread about track not football.

44INAROW
04-12-2005, 05:09 PM
I guess you could but this is a thread about track not football.

to be specific.. it's about 3A track :D I think 4A has their own website:rolleyes:

HighSchool Fan
04-12-2005, 05:15 PM
Gainesville's Jerome Hewitt ran a 10.56 at the denison relays this year.

mwynn05
04-12-2005, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
to be specific.. it's about 3A track :D I think 4A has their own website:rolleyes: Those records were when Forney was 3a though. I believe the 10.59 is accurate, especially at a meet like the Texas Relays (electronicly timed),I would believe the 10.19 if it were at the Texas Relays, but it does make the 10.19 look inaccurate especially when it was hand timed. Maybe he had a bad day at the Texas Relays thats very possible but four tenths of a second is quite a bit in a 100m race, but does the time really matter if he wins state? I don't think so.

Holmes_Fans
04-12-2005, 06:05 PM
Wouldn't it be odd if he lost in state and his time was .03 less than the time of the 1st place finisher.

crabman
04-12-2005, 10:51 PM
Ya'll keep mentioning 10.59. His time was 10.43 at the Texas Relays not 10.59. I guess this helps to confirm the 0.24 handheld/FAT conversion too. This one hit it right on the nose. 10.19 hand held at Port Lavaca. 10.43 FAT at Austin.
By the way, Mike Myers Stadium uses Nike Timing for both the Texas Relays and the State Track meet. Same hardware.

Also, James is not as fast as Blanton, period. Not at this point in his career. However, James is the fastest sprinter in Texas this year. Still a noteworthy accomplishment. Sure got the attention of the Arkansas coaching staff.

superslyguy06
04-12-2005, 11:06 PM
As far as Cuero running the fastest time in the prelims. . . good job, its just too bad somebody broke the rules, accidently or not. Just like in football, say a team scores the game-winning TD but it gets called back cuz a lineman held. . . intentional or not, thats just how it goes sometimes. Good luck to James at D, R, and S. I too love to see it when records fall, long standing or not. That's why we have them, to have something to measure up to.