PDA

View Full Version : Sweetwater?

bearcat1
03-29-2002, 07:52 PM
who can give me some info. on sweetwater's upcoming season/players? thx, bc

Ktown2004
03-29-2002, 08:01 PM
Sweetwater will be tougher than nails. They play a rough non-district schedule. I believe they lost heavy in the line, but the QB is back, good skill people are returning, good lower level teams, great tradition, and an excellent coach. And I AM NOT a Sweetwater fan, but you got to give credit where credit is due.

Jacket2000
03-29-2002, 09:28 PM
Also, I heard a rumor that a stud RB from Breckenridge has transfered to Sweetwater. Now, if someone could only convince Carillo to pitch him the ball every now and then lol, Sweetwater might be a force.
J2K

VWG
03-31-2002, 12:21 PM
The only stud r.b. in Breckenridge is a kid name Larry Huitt, and he is pretty good. Not outstanding, but very good. Started on varsity as a freshman. Good speed, decent size for 3A ball.
Sweetwater is a good team, and should be a playoff contender in 2002. They do play a tough non-district. I think they play Midland Greenwood and Graham in non-district, and Big Spring a 4A school.

Jacket2000
03-31-2002, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by VWG:
The only stud r.b. in Breckenridge is a kid name Larry Huitt, and he is pretty good. Not outstanding, but very good. Started on varsity as a freshman. Good speed, decent size for 3A ball.
Sweetwater is a good team, and should be a playoff contender in 2002. They do play a tough non-district. I think they play Midland Greenwood and Graham in non-district, and Big Spring a 4A school.
That's him. Any truth to the rumor that he moved to Sweetwater?
J2K

vet93
04-01-2002, 10:02 AM
The guy that transferred is Larry Hewitt. Apparently he got into a fight in Breck over a racially oriented remark. Decided to transfer. Almost went to Wylie from what I hear, but ended up in Sweetwater instead. I am not sure if he is participating in offseason or not. Someone said that he may not be. If he stays in Sweetwater and works out, he could really help give them a multiple threat option game. From what I have heard, he has a brother that is younger who is even more of a stud.

rholl
04-03-2002, 01:38 PM
KTOWN 2004...give us an update on Kennedale this coming yr. I am looking forward to seeing ya'll play Everman. 2 school so close together that have so little rivalry

rsjmann
04-03-2002, 05:11 PM
Sweetwater is going to have be tough due to the new district formed which includes Snyder(dropped down from 4A), Merkel, Lamesa, Seminole, and Denver City. All the teams in this district made the playoffs except Merkel and they were something like 6-0 or 7-0 brfotr playing in their previous district with Abilene Wylie, Sweetwater, and and one other team i cannot think of but made the playoffs.

Matthew328
04-04-2002, 12:32 AM
Ballinger was the third team Merkel lost too

hsguru
04-04-2002, 07:21 AM
Swetwater should be plenty tough. They have a decent running back coming back, and if they did add Huitt then they will be even tougher. Although Huitt is known to take the plays the he isnt getting the ball off. Of course he was still young (soph)when I watched him do that in person and on film.

mark838
04-16-2002, 05:49 PM
I heard from a pretty good source that Breckenridge has not and will never release Huitt to play because they said he moved for athletic reasons.

hsguru
04-16-2002, 09:42 PM
hard to blame him. Breck got shelled last year and the future isnt looking too rosy.

MustangFan03
04-18-2002, 11:37 AM
I live in Sweetwater and talk to coaches and parents and also have a kid on the Varsity team and they have not said anything of that nature. I think it is just a rumor. I dont think they need the help anyways , they are loaded this year. They lost next to nothing last year and now that they have a year under their belts with a new system they will be tough. They have a tough non-district schedule with the likes of Vernon,Graham,Mid.Greenwood,Andrews,and Ab. Wylie which should give them a good test for a district that cant compare to the one that they are coming out of.
We dont need the transfer anyways! Point is mute.