PDA

View Full Version : Girls.....A SERIOUS question??

Ranger Mom
04-08-2005, 11:26 AM
I have recently discovered that me and my daughter both wear the same size shoes!

She has a closet full of every color of flip-flops under the sun.

I wore some pink ones today.

My question is.....after going without wearing flip flops for 20+ years....how long do you think it will take before I no longer feel that my toes are being severed from my foot??

Bandera YaYa
04-08-2005, 11:43 AM
Oh my....I dont know...I have always worn them.....I have about 15 pairs myself.....lol ! :cool: :D

CheerMom
04-08-2005, 11:47 AM
I think the toe thingy is thicker on some than others. I have worn some that don't bother me and others that I can't stand. Don't know what else to tell you....

Bandera YaYa
04-08-2005, 11:49 AM
Old Navy has the cheapest but most comfortable ones........and they come in lots of colors...they are retro and very comfy!

Ranger Mom
04-08-2005, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by Bandera YaYa
Old Navy has the cheapest but most comfortable ones........and they come in lots of colors...they are retro and very comfy!

Ashton informed of that very thing....they also evidently form to your foot quicker too....that is what I am wearing.

I am off to Office Depot....this will be the real test whether I continue to wear these or not!!

AP Panther Fan
04-08-2005, 12:31 PM
LOL...sorry I was late reading this thread!:D Hang tough, flip flops are the greatest. You might even consider investing $30.00 in a dress pair of Roxy's from Journey's. (I have my good flip flops and then my work around the house pairs).:rolleyes:

Once you get used to the flip flops...the next step is a toe ring!:cool: :D

Rockdale Tiger
04-08-2005, 12:49 PM
Do you have corn on your feet?

Bandera YaYa
04-08-2005, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by Rockdale Tiger
Do you have corn on your feet? Ha! Uh, noooooooooo...do you??? :p :D

Bandera YaYa
04-08-2005, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
LOL...sorry I was late reading this thread!:D Hang tough, flip flops are the greatest. You might even consider investing $30.00 in a dress pair of Roxy's from Journey's. (I have my good flip flops and then my work around the house pairs).:rolleyes:

Once you get used to the flip flops...the next step is a toe ring!:cool: :D Yeah, I would wear them all the time , but can be slippery when wet!

You can get used to a toe ring too....dare to live dangerously RM!!!!! :D

lepfan
04-08-2005, 01:03 PM
I live for summer to come....I love my flops...especially the ones with the "scrubber" type stuff on them!

Ranger Mom
04-08-2005, 01:16 PM
Well I survived Office Depot....my feet don't hurt any more than they did when I left.....that's good, doncha think??:p

I can't remember exactly when I stopped wearing them and why. I think it was just too hard to get used to them at the beginning of the summer, much easier to just throw some sandals on.

I'm gonna hang in there though. As much yardwork as I do, sandals aren't practical and tennis shoes give me a funky tan!

AP Panther Fan
04-08-2005, 01:25 PM
You can get used to a toe ring too....dare to live dangerously RM!!!!! :D

I love my toe rings (one on each foot). ;)

AP Panther Fan
04-08-2005, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Well I survived Office Depot....my feet don't hurt any more than they did when I left.....that's good, doncha think??

Excellent news! :D

District303aPastPlayer
04-08-2005, 01:32 PM
I have a pair of Reefs and a pair of flip flops from Old Navy... talk about COMFORTABLE! i think i am going to get a third pair tonight.... not too sure

Bandera YaYa
04-08-2005, 01:32 PM
Heck, I wear my year round....the winter weather here is soooooooo mild! Every time I go to Old Navy, I will throw a few in my basket....they are so cheap...I've lost many down the river and they seem to disappear from my house (daughters maybe???)....so hang in there....I don't even feel them on my feet!!!! Peace! :D

pirate4state
04-08-2005, 02:04 PM
I had to replace 2 pairs of Reefs that my dogs ate!! :mad: So now I'm down to one pair. The flip flops at Old Navy scare me. :( I'd be complaining about them hurtin' my toes. I don't have good memories of those type of flip flops from my childhood. :D

lepfan
04-08-2005, 02:21 PM
How many of you all had tiddies....????

AP Panther Fan
04-08-2005, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by lepfan
How many of you all had tiddies....????

I did in High School!:eek: :eek:

LOL....I actually met the man that patented them recently, nice guy. Those shoes were really cushy and comfortable!:D

pirate4state
04-08-2005, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by lepfan
How many of you all had tiddies....???? I had to look them up just to see what you were talking about!! :o :D

I didn't like the look of them. :nerd:

big daddy russ
04-08-2005, 03:20 PM
Try a pair with cloth wraps. Much more comfy than the ones with rubber wraps. I have five pairs... two Reefs, a Flojos, a Quicksilver (the only ones that are rubber... I'll never do that again), some Rainbows (leather... pretty comfy) and Cocoamoe's (the most comfortable sandals you can buy).

AP Panther Fan
04-08-2005, 04:15 PM
..I've lost many down the river :D

YaYa, these are my favorite "river" shoes...I have had the same pair for years. After your float, you still end up with two shoes on your feet. Not very pretty, but functional.:D

http://img168.exs.cx/img168/1642/resize1yc.jpg

FootballChik98
04-08-2005, 04:35 PM
Heck, I wear my year round....the winter weather here is soooooooo mild! Every time I go to Old Navy, I will throw a few in my basket....they are so cheap...I've lost many down the river and they seem to disappear from my house (daughters maybe???)....so hang in there....I don't even feel them on my feet!!!! Peace! :D

I wear mine year round also. Maybe now I convince my fiance that I'm not the only person who does that!

jason
04-08-2005, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by FootballChik98
I wear mine year round also. Maybe now I convince my fiance that I'm not the only person who does that! you and YaYa are the only ones that do it...:D

lepfan
04-08-2005, 07:46 PM
This comes from their website:

The original creator of TIDDIES SANDALS has returned to create a whole new brand of sandals based on his orignal 1972 design of the original three layer, closed cell, laminate foam sandal that has been softening the step of vacation minded beach goers for over thirty years.

A sleazy, ambulance chasing lawyer and a valium addicted ex-wife has temporarily created a legal situation where we can't sell sandals with the original Tiddies logo. One fact remains in place that no lawyer can contest in any court: Kevin invented these sandals, made them by hand in the 1970's and since 1994 has brought the brand back to the public.

This is the same ex-wife that, through the wonders of divorce court, took control of the brand and ruined it - going out of business.

Kevin brought them back to the public in 1999 after discovering that there was public demand with no one making them any more. Starting small, he once again grew the business into a viable operation - selling out at surf shops and coastal gift shops all along the coastal areas of Texas, Florida, California and Louisiana.

Various internet retailers popped up and started marketing these great sandals to new markets all over the world. TiddiesSandals.com (IDEAS PLUS) and Tiddiesforever.com (yours truly) soon joined Kevin (Tiddies.com) and sales increased every year.

More Money, More Problems.

When the brand was crashed, no one cared. Once Kevin proved that there were still people out there wanting to buy TIDDIES, trouble followed.

So welcome to the new home for TIDDIES SANDALS. We call them Pirate Sandals, and they are still so soft that you will think you are walking on TIDDIES.

Please help support the original creator, designer and manufacturer of TIDDIES SANDALS by supporting this cool new brand. These sandals are the same high quality sandal that you have grown to love, and heard so many great things about.

lepfan
04-08-2005, 07:48 PM
Along with this update.....

UPDATE: The pill-addled ex-wife of Kevin has been making the rounds, calling everyone that has anything to do with TIDDIES and threatening to sue us, or wanting to partner with us - depending on which minute of the conversation that it is. Amongst her slurred words and tears, she hinted to me that she was looking for an investor to import in a bunch of cheap sandals from China so that she could stamp the Tiddies logo on them and sell them to everyone looking for Tiddies.

Meanwhile, my friend Kevin and his family have been working hard in the Pirate Sandal factory in Texas City - creating new artwork and making as many sandals as they can. Pirate Sandals are hand made in Texas with the highest quality materials and the best reputation to grace any sandal on the market today. I miss Tiddies, so does Kevin and everyone else in the sandal world. We all have had to face the reality that the federal court system took Tiddies from the shelves. But what he have now is something better, built on legend and creativity - assembled with real pride and respect for the American worker.

When you are walking in Tiddies, no one can see the logo. But everyone knows what you are wearing, and after a few years the logo is going to rub off. The sandal, however, keeps on going. Just like Kevin.

I'll soon have the rest of the inventory up for sell. Any orders for Tiddies merchandise from my old site will be filled with Pirate merchandise.
:)