PDA

View Full Version : Greenwood 28, Ballinger 6

vet93
08-30-2002, 10:55 PM
Greenwood played a dandy game and really took it to us in the second half. Hats off to Coach Purser, his staff and the Greenwood players. They really played a tough game. They will be tough in their district barring injuries.

Ranger Mom
08-31-2002, 12:31 AM
It was a great game to watch. I hated that #44 got hurt so early on. I was looking forward to watching him. Hope all goes well with him!!

sinton66
08-31-2002, 07:50 AM
Congratulations Greenwood! Vet93, keep your chin up, it's early yet. Ballinger will get better.

vet93
08-31-2002, 08:19 AM
Posey (#44) sustained a pretty severe ankle sprain on the first play of the game. He had some pretty bad swelling and could not put mutch weight on the leg. They taped him up and he might could have gone back in the game but Coach Owens decided to hold him out because it is so early in the season. I think that it was a good decision. Why risk further injury on your first game of the season. It was tough to watch our offense struggle because our offense is built around Posey. Our passing game is predicated on his running and vica versa. However, sometimes it is good to lose your top guy and allow some other people to step up. We will see how well they respond next week against a very tough Bangs team (top 10 in 2a). I was very impressed with Greenwood and their team speed. If they sharpen up their passing game and catch a few of those finger tip misses, they will be extremely difficult to stop. Coach Purser was right when he said that this group could be one of the most talented that he has had at Greenwood. I tried to tell people all summer long that Coach Purser's teams are the most dangerous when everyone else thinks they are having a down year.

Originally posted by Ranger Mom:
It was a great game to watch. I hated that #44 got hurt so early on. I was looking forward to watching him. Hope all goes well with him!!

Ranger Mom
08-31-2002, 11:02 AM
I hope Posey recovers quickly. We had 2 key defense players on the sidelines last night. One with a deeply bruised calf and the other with the flu. It hurts when key players are out, but that's football.
You are right about the Rangers needing to perfect their passing game. Our QB very seldom played at that spot last year. I think sitting out as QB for that long didn't benefit him, but I have all the faith in the world in Dawson. I have watched him play since 3rd grade and he was good back then.
Did Posey play any after his kick-off return?? I told everyone sitting around me that he was a "Lethal Weapon" then never saw him again. At halftime my husband told me he had hurt his ankle that first play. I honestly believe had he been able to play it would have been a different ballgame. I will be watching for Ballinger to turn it around next week. Good Luck!!

wildstangs
08-31-2002, 11:45 AM
Congrats the the Rangers. Hope Posey gets better quick! See you in two weeks RangerMom.

Ranger Mom
08-31-2002, 12:56 PM
I'm looking forward to it, Wildstangs ---------- (I think!!)