PDA

View Full Version : Bridge City Softball...

middleagecardinal
04-06-2005, 03:41 PM
Hey Old Card,

I have a little BC Softball trivia info for you. After a little investigation, unless I'm mistaken, BC softball has won 41 consecutive district games dating back to the 2002 season.

OnceABuc
04-06-2005, 04:03 PM
Just out of curiosity - how have they fared in the State Playoffs over the last 5 years?

middleagecardinal
04-06-2005, 04:57 PM
Best I can recall....

05 - yet to be determined

04 - Lost to Elgin in the 2nd round (1st round bye)

03 - Lost to Lufkin Hudson in the 4th round (1st round bye)

02 - Lost to Sweeny in the 2nd round

01 - Lost to Splendora in the 2nd round (1st round bye I think)

OnceABuc
04-06-2005, 05:12 PM
In 01 Sinton lost to that same Spendora team in the State SemiFinals!

Old Cardinal
04-06-2005, 07:26 PM
Yes MAC that is correct as far as I can tell--41 and I don't think they lost very many for a long time before that last loss. I see them finishing out the District season winning this year too. With 3 strong Freshman and two extra strong Sophomores playing on the Varsity. I see four more years of dominance.
The JV walked away with the District and have 4 good Juniors to augment the other upperclassmen, WOW I understand that the score was 12-0 not 11-0 last night against the #2 team Orangefield--the scoreboard was wrong. It's going to be BC against Barbers Hill and/or BC against Splendora for the real State Championship this season. That's just the way the cookie crumbles these three teams plus Huntington have the lion's share of the top Select team serious players.
All of these teams play a torrid schedule against Top 5As from Louisiana and the best 4As in Texas within reasonable driving distance.
That type premium scheduling has got them all the #1 ranking at on time or other.

18handicap
04-06-2005, 09:34 PM
I remember the '02 game with BC very well. We played them in Deer Park. That year we went on to beat Barbers Hill 4-2 (9) in Dickinson, Lufkin Hudson 4-1 at Blinn, and lost to Splendora 2-1 at North Shore in the regional finals.

middleagecardinal
04-07-2005, 07:40 AM
Originally posted by 18handicap
I remember the '02 game with BC very well. We played them in Deer Park. That year we went on to beat Barbers Hill 4-2 (9) in Dickinson, Lufkin Hudson 4-1 at Blinn, and lost to Splendora 2-1 at North Shore in the regional finals.

That was my kid pitching...I think that we left 10 runners on base and made 5 errors. Good game though.

GOFOR2
04-07-2005, 09:20 AM
Originally posted by OnceABuc
In 01 Sinton lost to that same Spendora team in the State SemiFinals!

uh, no, that was Sanger, Sinton lost to.

BTEXDAD
04-07-2005, 09:20 AM
my daughter was a freshman for Bellville and playing left field and pitching some when we played BC in 2003 third round.
Was a good series. We wanted a best of three because unbelievably, we were throwing six pitchers that year. None was dominant, but all threw a little differently and it had worked for us.
We won first game friday nite 3-1 (wish we would have played one game series). Then BC double dipped us on Saturday. First game was pretty bad,, like 8-1. Deciding game was exciting. One run game, something like 7-6 or 6-5. My daughter pitched a few innings in that one.
Hopefully we can play BC this year again. In looking at possible bracket alignments it wouldn't be until 3rd or 4th round and that would mean both of us got that far.

BTEXDAD
04-07-2005, 09:34 AM
by the way, that's great district winning streak for BC. That's difficult to do with graduations, realignments, etc.
Bellville just got a 26 game consecutive district win mark ended with loss to columbus tuesday nite. That was win in last district game of 2002, 10-0 in both 2003 and 2004, then 5 games this year.
In 2003 when we lost to BC, we had two freshmen starting that set goal after season to go 40-0 in district during their high school careers.
They only made it to 25, but are looking to start another streak.

I'm sure someone from bellville will correct me on exact amount, but our volleyball team had like an 87 game winning streak in district in the 90's. Almost nine years.
Can anyone advise if that is correct figure for Bellville v-ball, and also can anyone top that with district winning streaks?

KL3
04-07-2005, 12:44 PM
BTEXDAD, I don't know the exact district streak for the volleyball team, but I'm sure it was something ridiculous like 87.

Would be interesting to find that out.