PDA

View Full Version : Rice Cons. Scoreboard

seasick4
04-06-2005, 01:18 PM
Some one told me at the Bellville game last night that Rice has a scoreboard that is inning by inning and that records the MPH of the pitch and then resets every 5 seconds for the next pitch with a JUGS gun and everything...wow, dont know of anyone that has that...!!!

Go Brahmas!!

CheerMom
04-06-2005, 01:48 PM
It's brand new, got it the day we played Bellville. It is pretty awesome!!!

Bull's-eye
04-06-2005, 04:21 PM
Yes, I noticed that last friday. Are they getting a 25 second clock for the football stadium? Great place for a football game, but they need to add those clocks.

CheerMom
04-06-2005, 09:54 PM
Originally posted by Bull's-eye
Yes, I noticed that last friday. Are they getting a 25 second clock for the football stadium? Great place for a football game, but they need to add those clocks.

I definitely agree. We need clocks and the place could use a facelift. But, I love it anyway!!l

Astrosdawg07
04-06-2005, 11:02 PM
Originally posted by seasick4
Some one told me at the Bellville game last night that Rice has a scoreboard that is inning by inning and that records the MPH of the pitch and then resets every 5 seconds for the next pitch with a JUGS gun and everything...wow, dont know of anyone that has that...!!!

Go Brahmas!!

We have the inning by inning but a Radar gun, damn!

GUT
04-07-2005, 09:54 AM
They are getting those second clocks for the football field. And the baseball scoreboard is supposed to be the only one in texas, thats what we were told.

CheerMom
04-07-2005, 09:56 AM
Now, that's impressive!!

scotty
04-07-2005, 11:32 AM
It appears as though Coach Dumont has a great interest in all sports and seems to be a great fit at Rice.
I saw him on the infield at a recent track meet and watched as he encouraged each Rice participant if it was a boy or girl junior varsity or varsity. You will see very few head coaches-Ads doing this at this level.
I've been very impressed with him. Even before he became head coach and AD as he had the defense playing exciting ball and the basketball team was as disciplined as any in the area.
I hope that Rice can keep him.

CheerMom
04-07-2005, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by scotty
It appears as though Coach Dumont has a great interest in all sports and seems to be a great fit at Rice.
I saw him on the infield at a recent track meet and watched as he encouraged each Rice participant if it was a boy or girl junior varsity or varsity. You will see very few head coaches-Ads doing this at this level.
I've been very impressed with him. Even before he became head coach and AD as he had the defense playing exciting ball and the basketball team was as disciplined as any in the area.

We do, too!!!

rhs78
04-07-2005, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by scotty

Brad is a very special coach,you will see him at every sporting event encouraging everyone reguardless of the score, i sure hope we can keep him for a long time and keep the winning tradition on and off the field.

chugbug
04-08-2005, 08:56 AM
Ol Delmer told me that they were going to put up a new scoreboard on the football field also with 25 second clocks.:eek: :eek: :o :wave: :wave: :wave:

pirate4state
04-08-2005, 10:03 AM
Originally posted by seasick4

Go Brahmas!! How nice! :thumbsup: How is Rice doing this year in baseball?

CheerMom
04-08-2005, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
How nice! :thumbsup: How is Rice doing this year in baseball?

Right now we are 2-2 in district and still very much alive to grab a playoff spot, which if I'm correct, would be the first in school history. We are very proud of this team and the Coaching staff has done a tremendous job!!