PDA

View Full Version : More Baseball Talk

onfirebball05mustang
04-06-2005, 12:52 PM
I've been a bit behind on all things baseball this season and was curious what the general consensus for the various teams was...in other words, who do i need to root for come playoffs? Our team isn't looking so hot. I heard at the preseasons that Sinton, Yoakum, Bridge City, Lubbock Cooper, Van and Spring Hill were looking good...
Preseason said:
3-Sinton
5-Yoakum
7 Lubbock Cooper
Jasper's listed too...

Then i checked out some polls
Yoakum- 14-1-3
Lubbock's 19-3-6
Bridge City- 18-4-7

Question is...HOW are they doing other then these stats?:thinking:

Phil C
04-06-2005, 01:23 PM
I think at the half-way mark Sinton is tied in District with 3 - 1 records along with Mathis and Aransas Pass. Falfurrias looks like they have a good team this year too.

AP Panther Fan
04-06-2005, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
I think at the half-way mark Sinton is tied in District with 3 - 1 records along with Mathis and Aransas Pass. Falfurrias looks like they have a good team this year too.

Not AP, we are 1-3 in district...but did upset the undefeated Mathis last night so all is not lost. If anything, we made things a bit more interesting....you Sinton fans can line up and thank us anytime you get ready.....:D

Phil C
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
Not AP, we are 1-3 in district...but did upset the undefeated Mathis last night so all is not lost. If anything, we made things a bit more interesting....you Sinton fans can line up and thank us anytime you get ready.....:D

Sorry AP I thought it was the other way. Thank you!! :)

pirate44
im first in line. thank you Aransas Pass Mighty Panthers:clap: :clap: :clap:

AP Panther Fan
04-06-2005, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by pirate44

I LIKE that.....you are quite welcome! :D

Phil C
04-06-2005, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by pirate44

ditto for me too! Thank you Aransas Pass!

AP Panther Fan
04-06-2005, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
ditto for me too! Thank you Aransas Pass!

de nada:cool:

anytime...:D

onfirebball05mustang
04-06-2005, 02:51 PM
lol cool stuff! I'll have to watch out for those teams this year...Our game last night vs. Rockdale was stopped due to lightning...hope we finish it off right tonight! :D

Thank you to the (in sticking with conosance in sports talk) Awesomely Powerful Aransass Pass Panthers!!! :D

AP Panther Fan
04-06-2005, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by onfirebball05mustang
Thank you to the (in sticking with conosance in sports talk) Awesomely Powerful Aransass Pass Panthers!!! :D

he he hee.....you are also most welcome! :D

I am enjoying this waaaay too much...next time spell Aransas Pass right though.;) :D

onfirebball05mustang
04-06-2005, 03:01 PM
oh so sorry..i got so caught up in being all humble and respectful i had a little accident...:D

pirate4state
04-06-2005, 05:39 PM
Not AP, we are 1-3 in district...but did upset the undefeated Mathis last night so all is not lost. If anything, we made things a bit more interesting....you Sinton fans can line up and thank us anytime you get ready.....:D :hand: LOL!! :D :kiss:

So, I did read this right on the other thread! ;) WTG AP!! Did you beat them in Mathis? That'd be especially sweet. :thumbsup: Congrats on the win -- hope Sinton can beat them the 2nd time around!

pirate4state
04-06-2005, 05:40 PM
:o

Oh, I forgot to say THANKS!!! From your friends in Sinton. :)

Old Cardinal
04-06-2005, 07:39 PM
I continue to say don't go by the win/loss record--go by the strength of preseason schedule. Bridge City has lost 4 games but played the toughest they can schedule from TX and Louisiana of higher classifications. I would venture that schools that do this would be undefeated if they had played the pansy schedules that many in the higher rankings have faced. My take is that BC and Columbus are the lead teams in 3A at this time because of they have bit the bullet and played the best available.

Old Cardinal
04-06-2005, 08:12 PM
I continue to say don't go by the win/loss record--go by the strength of preseason schedule. Bridge City has lost 4 games but played the toughest they can schedule from TX and Louisiana of higher classifications. I would venture that schools that do this would be undefeated if they had played the pansy schedules that many in the higher rankings have faced. My take is that BC and Columbus are the lead teams in 3A at this time because of they have bit the bullet and played the best available.