PDA

View Full Version : Rice vs. Navasota

CheerMom
04-06-2005, 09:12 AM
Does anyone know the score of this game last night? Saw the softball score, but wanted to know the baseball score. Thanks.

strike hard
04-06-2005, 09:22 AM
Navasota 12 Rice 11

CheerMom
04-06-2005, 09:30 AM
Originally posted by strike hard
Navasota 12 Rice 11

Thanks for the info. It was a close one!!!:eek:

Bellville22
04-06-2005, 11:53 AM
A real pitchers duel!!!

Good luck to both teams from here on out. Both are still very much alive in the playoff race.

ROY
04-07-2005, 06:02 PM
I wasn't at the game, but I heard that the Rice coach was a big baby about a bad hop that one of his players got on the Navasota infield early in the game. Even talking trash about it after the game in which Navasota hit a bottom of the 7th homerun to beat him. I could understand being upset, but when you lose 12 to 11 in the bottom of 7... you just shut up and shake hands. Don't talk crap about stuff that happened in the first or second inning. I'm glad I wasn't there, I might have pulled out some tissues for the cry baby! Please notify if I was incorrectly notified about what happened, but I would trust my sources with my life. B22.....can you put respond with how everyone has fared so far in district...records and scores? I know you're the man for that kind of info!

CheerMom
04-07-2005, 07:22 PM
I wasn't at the game, either, but it is a "little" out of character for the Coach to act that way. I would be shocked if that really did happen.
I have been to several baseball games and he is never anything short of being a true sportsman.

JettJenkins04
04-07-2005, 09:05 PM
If Coach T got made it was probably for a good reason, he is a pretty laid back guy. And what do you expect, when a coach losses a game that they tought they should have won. Ofcourse they might get frustrated and dwell on a bad call or hop because that might have been the difference between winning and losing. And don't make judgements if you where not even at the game.

seasick4
04-08-2005, 08:21 AM
/

chugbug
04-08-2005, 08:51 AM
Roy I think that you are full of S--t. I know Coach T real well. If he was upset over the condition of the field than the field must been a piece of crap. Coach T does all of the work on his field and it is a great playing surface. You can judge Coach when you walk a day in his shoes. Before that you need to shut up!!! :eek: :eek: :o :foul: :foul: :foul:

44INAROW
04-08-2005, 08:59 AM
Originally posted by chugbug
Roy I think that you are full of S--t. I know Coach T real well. If he was upset over the condition of the field than the field must been a piece of crap. Coach T does all of the work on his field and it is a great playing surface. You can judge Coach when you walk a day in his shoes. Before that you need to shut up!!! :eek: :eek: :o :foul: :foul: :foul:

your last sentence speaks volumes...... so many are quick to judge coaches - (myself included on occasion, I'll admit), but there are many factors that are not known when coaches make decisions......... I personally like to see a coach get worked up to a point, shows emotion and he/she cares - better than a coach that could care less what happens................ok I'll get off my soapbox now

NHSRattler60
04-08-2005, 09:20 AM
ROY used to be the head baseball coach at navasota....so yeah.

seasick4
04-08-2005, 09:25 AM
/

NHSRattler60
04-08-2005, 09:35 AM
I was there and he was making a little bit more than he should have out of an error. Everyone does it like 44inarow pointed out. I have I know.

NOW as far as the comment about the field goes....yeah our feild isn't the greatest in the world...but that doesn't excuse anything. An error is an error a miss is a miss. If the football bounces higher when kicked off because of dents in the ground who complains? I mean really? Suck it up. If i had a dollar everytime I've heard a comment about our feilds...I'd have alot of money. They suck, I'll be honest...but i guess it's just so people like seasick have something to complain about.

NHSRattler60
04-08-2005, 09:36 AM
boo-frickety-hoo

ROY
04-08-2005, 09:36 AM
Seasick and Cbug....wow...you children really have a lot to learn. First off, I'm a former coach and have been on more fields than you've had wet dreams. Second, I've been on the Nav. field before and it's not that bad compared to thousands of others around Texas. They don't get the kind of money or support that Bville has been used to getting over the years. Put it this way, it's better now than it was 4 years ago. Third, bad hops happen so get over it. Fourth, I wasn't at the game...but IF 'Coach T' did make his little comments when he was shaking hands after the game, he doesn't need little boys to come to his defense. Fifth, sorry about the homerun statement, I miss read it. I love walk off singles even better!!! And sixth, I've forgotten more baseball than you two little bit#$es will ever know, so shut the hell up. Cbug, you are obviously fresh out of high school and a little defensive about your old coach..or maybe you're still in hs and lost the game in the bottom of the 7th. I don't know...'I wasn't there!!' lol...lol Seasick, obviously you're a Bville ex and used to the Royal treatment over in Brahmaland. It is no secret that you guys have more money and people that care over there. I've heard about the new score board! 44...I get worked up too, but I always hate it when I go overboard and say or do something embarrassing. Maybe the beloved Coach 'T' did not say anything at all. I guess I'll be dying soon Seasick, but I doubt it!!!! And Seasick...I know all to well what coaches do, so that statement mad you sound even stupider. Well, enough for now. I need to just take a breath and forgive you two little girls for being little girls and move on. ;)

ROY
04-08-2005, 09:41 AM
And just for the record...I've never been the head coach at Navasota. I think Nav60 must have his Roys confused.:(

NHSRattler60
04-08-2005, 09:46 AM
Nervermind, wrong Roy. How many of those are were on this coaching staff?

chugbug
04-08-2005, 10:30 AM
Roy, I am not a high school student. I am over 40 years old. As far as you calling me a bit@#$, that shows really what kind of person you are. Just keep your coments to yourself if you do not have anything better to say. You not only forgot more baseball than I know but you lost manners as well.:eek: :eek: :flamingma :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: