PDA

View Full Version : How good is Decatur gonna be this coming season?

Gsquared
04-06-2005, 09:01 AM
Know they lose a couple of key cogs. Gainesville/Decatur could be interesting this year if Decatur can re-load.

Bullaholic
04-06-2005, 09:08 AM
Originally posted by Gsquared
Know they lose a couple of key cogs. Gainesville/Decatur could be interesting this year if Decatur can re-load.

Don't forget the Bulls, G2....I think Bridgeport-Decatur will be a much different contest this season, the Bulls only lost 6 seniors.

Gsquared
04-06-2005, 09:37 AM
Sweet!! Maybe I need to check that game out too!! Hey Bull, meant to ask you the other day. You wanna go to the Nike Camp over at TCU on Saturday the 26th of this month? We get the VIP treatment when we go too!!!!

HighSchool Fan
04-06-2005, 09:42 AM
Gainesville - decatur will be alot different this year. i hope to see you guys at the game.

Bullaholic
04-06-2005, 09:56 AM
Sweet!! Maybe I need to check that game out too!! Hey Bull, meant to ask you the other day. You wanna go to the Nike Camp over at TCU on Saturday the 26th of this month? We get the VIP treatment when we go too!!!!

Really like to go, G2, but got another event planned for that weekend. Don't give up, we'll get together somewhere soon. Thanks for the "invite".

BullFrog Dad
04-06-2005, 11:20 AM
Know they lose a couple of key cogs. Gainesville/Decatur could be interesting this year if Decatur can re-load. They are taking a big graduation hit. Something like 15 starters including QB Dane and WR Christian. They can probably fill some holes but they'll be nothing like the '04 team. I'm thinking 6-4 maybe 7-3.

Gsquared
04-06-2005, 12:40 PM
What about the line?

BullFrog Dad
04-06-2005, 01:27 PM
What about the line? Both tackles, guard, and center gone from o-line and three from the d-line. As to what they have moving up would be fall in Chief Woodman's territory.

Gsquared
04-06-2005, 02:14 PM
Losing a center hurts worse in my opinion. Well, maybe not for Decatur, hurts a team more if they run a wing t and lose a good center.

Matthew328
04-06-2005, 05:11 PM
Decatur will still be tough no doubt....still have that good RB I believe.....Bridgeport may win that district this year though....I also think Gainesville-Decatur will be different this year....could be a flip last year Decatur swept Gainesville could see the Leps do the same this year..

CRHSeagle
04-06-2005, 07:10 PM
All of district 7-3a is gonna be competitive next year. Ranchview has everything coming back, Little Elm needs to find some O-Linemen but have the running back and quarter back for another 4 years. Lake Worth had a good JV and should contend for a playoff spot, Decatur always reload and last years Bridgeport teams was young so this year they should be tuff, esp. with Collin Jones coming back. As for us, the biggest hit we are taking is losing our stud wr/rb/cb. Our O-line is only losing 2 linemen and 3/4 d linemen are coming back. Our QB is back and will go to the air more next year.

wildstangs
04-06-2005, 08:50 PM
Abilene Wylie and Decatur will meet up in the regular season as well. If I remember correctly, this year it is in Decatur too. I bet the Eagles will have revenge on their mind.

CHS_DT#75
04-07-2005, 12:39 AM
yea, dont count castleberry out.... we will be right up there with yall.... holla

Gsquared
04-07-2005, 06:13 AM
Originally posted by CHS_DT#75
yea, dont count castleberry out.... we will be right up there with yall.... holla
Castleberry in Ft Worth? Im a Ft Worth newcomer, maybe I need to come see you boys play!

CRHSeagle
04-07-2005, 07:47 AM
GS, I let you know about the games. My days of playing are over, but next year I'll be sure to come into town to watch them play.

Gsquared
04-07-2005, 08:09 AM
Sounds good!! Where in Ft Worth do they play?

tmac
04-07-2005, 11:17 AM
revenge will be on d towns mind in my eyes,But to answer the original question,Decatur will have allstar rb godboldt back who will make a run at 3a mvp i believe, along with another group of players that should be a great team i am thinking maybe 10-0 again,if not 8-2 at worst.I have experience playing with them and they have their talent spread out throughout the team,compared to last years supposidly 2 man team as people seem to think,also a great sophomore class comin up will help.another good year for decatur maybe great!

HighSchool Fan
04-07-2005, 12:57 PM
godboldt only got his yards becuase of the cast around him. he won't come close to an MVP type season.

CRHSeagle
04-07-2005, 09:30 PM
GS, we play in River Oaks. Its west of Fort Worth and East of the Base.

Gsquared
04-08-2005, 06:15 AM
Originally posted by CRHSeagle
GS, we play in River Oaks. Its west of Fort Worth and East of the Base.
Off I-20 around Camp Bowie? Sorry, I dont know where anything is just yet, except the beer stores.

rhino33
04-08-2005, 06:05 PM
i say decatur will be good but not as good, i am thinkin that they will lose to Ranchview(not to be biased) and maybe Bridgeport in district. I will most definately be at the Decatur vs. Ranchview game @ Standridge Stadium to see soem revenge hopefully, that is if i dont have a game, (for hebron (4a)) I think that Either Ranchview, Lake Worth, or Bridgeport will be fighting for district title

Im not sure about any of the schools if they have lost anyone. I know decatur lost alot,

The only person that i can think of that ranchview lost was me

well rrooaarr

Gsquared
04-11-2005, 07:45 AM
Do you by chance have a Ranchview roster or know where I could see one?

CRHSeagle
04-11-2005, 11:45 PM
Originally posted by rhino33
I think that Either Ranchview, Lake Worth, or Bridgeport will be fighting for district title

lake worth? doubt it. Ranchview? i need to see them play a full game and not make any "rookie" mistakes before I start believing this.Bridgeport? I hope they dont rely on the legs of Jones for the title. Passing game has to take some of the pressure off of him or we'll start seeing 7-8 in the box all night.

tmac
04-12-2005, 02:09 PM
rhino,ranchview has no chance for a w against decatur this year,and highschoolfan Godboldt got his yards by runnin hard every play and creating plays not gettin open holes because of pass defense.Ask any team on the oppisite side of the field if godboldt plays second to any other opposing back they have played

HighSchool Fan
04-12-2005, 02:28 PM
you need to look at it objectively, godboldt is just an average back.

rhino33
04-12-2005, 05:46 PM
Originally posted by tmac
rhino,ranchview has no chance for a w against decatur this year,and highschoolfan Godboldt got his yards by runnin hard every play and creating plays not gettin open holes because of pass defense.Ask any team on the oppisite side of the field if godboldt plays second to any other opposing back they have played

i disagree, cuz how often do u see in sports where the team that is "supposed to win" loses

i believe if both teams step on the field they each have a chance to win

CRHSeagle
04-12-2005, 10:52 PM
I highly doubt Ranchview will even be in the game by halftime.

crabman
04-12-2005, 10:56 PM
G2, you need to make sure and schedule a trip to Cuero this year. There are at least a half dozen posters on here that will be back on varsity next year. You remember our Super Sophs this year? They will be juniors next year. We should be pretty good. Not great. That comes in 2006.

LH Panther Mom
04-13-2005, 05:50 AM
.Ask any team on the oppisite side of the field if godboldt plays second to any other opposing back they have played

I believe the point was the supporting cast that Godboldt had last year was better than what he will have this year. If he's that good, he will prove it this year with the different OL.

HighSchool Fan
04-13-2005, 05:53 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
I believe the point was the supporting cast that Godboldt had last year was better than what he will have this year. If he's that good, he will prove it this year with the different OL.

Thanks you Sis

LH Panther Mom
04-13-2005, 05:54 AM
Originally posted by HighSchool Fan
Thanks you Sis

GMTA! And, any time. :)

Gsquared
04-13-2005, 06:15 AM
Originally posted by crabman
G2, you need to make sure and schedule a trip to Cuero this year. There are at least a half dozen posters on here that will be back on varsity next year. You remember our Super Sophs this year? They will be juniors next year. We should be pretty good. Not great. That comes in 2006.
Ill be at aleast two. Im for sure going to the Cuero/Sinton game, looking for another Cuero game.

tmac
04-13-2005, 11:26 AM
no actually that wasnt his point or he wouldnt have put that hes just an average back,and rhino of course football is a game of upsets but u gotta know the limits

Gsquared
04-13-2005, 11:34 AM
huh?

Matthew328
04-13-2005, 06:21 PM
G2 Castleberry is off off 183 near Ridgmar Mall....if coming from Hulen get on Southwest Blvd. (Texas 183) and follow it past the mall and the air force base into River Oaks, the road splits just past the light at Roaring Springs Rd. (there is a Quick Trip gas station there) go right onto White Settlement Rd. the high school is at the corner of Churchill and White Settlement Rd and Barnes Memorial Stadium is behind the high school...it's a cool old stadium to watch a game at....

44INAROW
04-13-2005, 07:16 PM
Ill be at aleast two. Im for sure going to the Cuero/Sinton game, looking for another Cuero game.

G2 - you going to be bringing anyone with you?

HighSchool Fan
04-13-2005, 07:55 PM
no actually that wasnt his point or he wouldnt have put that hes just an average back,and rhino of course football is a game of upsets but u gotta know the limits

tmac, come back in november when decatur has played their last game and tell us again about godboldt being considered as the 3a mvp this year.

Gsquared
04-14-2005, 06:30 AM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
G2 - you going to be bringing anyone with you?
Not sure yet, probably so. I immagine PurpleFreddy will come to at least one of them with me.